Need testers for new editor

I got several attacks on my website, where the HMTL files are edited to add a javascript to donwload something in Germany...
So I put everything down at some point
QFT, sepamu92.

Yes it can. If someone has the installer at hand, that is.

Are you running 64-bit Windows? The 64-bit link on the first page (copied here) still works. I've run it on 64-bit XP as well as the 7 Steph has run it on, so it probably will work on Vista and 8 as well.

The link for the 32-bit version (0.82) is here, also to Steph's site. I think the URL got changed a bit when the site was re-uploaded after being hacked last year.

With Steph's permission, I could reupload it to the DB here, in case his website is attacked again.

Are you running 64-bit Windows? The 64-bit link on the first page still works. I've run it on 64-bit XP as well as the 7 Steph has run it on, so it probably will work on Vista and 8 as well.

This link didn't work for me, but after some fiddling it turns out I just needed to tell my antivirus to stop blocking it. Thanks! :D

But yeah, I still think it's a good idea to re-upload the editor in the database, for posterity.

I downloaded it to the D:/ folder (where my version of Civ3 is), but I can't open scenarios for some reason. Will I need to install it to the C:/ folder?

But the link for the none win7 version doesn´t work, to be sure my friend.

Could you check. It´s strange but it gives an Error 404 code

Now Sir,
this is a bit troublesome ....

I get that you are (Well your editor DL that is)
Malware and uncommon download warnings
from Google Chrome.
And then Chrome says the DL is blocked.

The first ever time I get this !!!!

I hope you haven´t loaded up something bad in reason on your late word-battle with some blokes on this forum.

Please rest my soul so that I can DL.... without getting spyware,malware or anything similar .

Damn, my answer got lost...

I alos go this , a warning from Chrome that the whole site is quarantined because it contains some html pages infected by malware.
I've checked my local copy, and they are clean, so the files have been modified by someone else after I uploaded them.

I have removed the whole site, and uploaded it again a few days ago from my safe copy.
I just tried to get there, I don't get the Chrome message anymore.

Can you tell me for what link / address you got the message exactly so I can check it?

This is also very frustrating for me, my website was corrupted (and I cleaned it) several times during the latest months.

I don't know why Chrome considers it's dangerous. On the web site, it's the same as on my computer. It's just a zip with two exe inside.
I did not put anything malicious inside.

Google is going crazy with security recently.

Read this:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/99020

It blocks webpages and downloads just because they are in a website which was at some point in a blacklist. And to get there, you just need Chrome to detect one page with a malware.

And in my case, the pages was modified after I uploaded it (I don't know how).

So... personnally I disable this download protection from Google to rely on my anti virus which analyze the content of the download instead.

I will trust you, since you are one of those very old fellows in this forum :old:

Google Chrome sets their own rules, and I guess if they put a black stain on you it´s hard to clean it off.
Just see what happen when Conduits and Bings and other stuff hi-jacks their search engine. It´s almost impossible to clean out.
They (Google) should clean up their own act.

Well, the file is down and lets hope I don´t have to eat my own hat Sir
Thanks for getting back to CivIII.
Your ideas are always welcomed and appreciated :hatsoff:

Hi Steph,

I had the warning also using Firefox a week ago.

But luckily the warning is gone now after you fixed it.

Downloading your editor now, and than lets see what your editor can do. ;)

And thanks for your work so far!

Top Bottom