Terrain Texture Enhancement 2k

This mod seems really cool! The closest I'd been using for a while was the Faerun mod on Steam's art assets, just to give the game some graphical variety, but this is closer to what I've wanted.

Sadly, I can't get the DLC to load. I've followed the directions to a T several times--extracted TTK folder to C://Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/DLC folder, then copied the updated files from v11 into the same location. I cleared my appropriate folders as well in the My Documents subfolder (Cache, Logs, ModUserData). Nothing new shows up in the in-game DLC menu, and the in-game textures look exactly the same.

If anyone can help me figure out where I've gone wrong, I'd be grateful!

The path should have "assets" before "DLC". The folder is called TTE_2k. I don't think it's meant to show up in DLC list, is just works.

Sorry, I left out the Assets folder in my post. It is there and it was part of the path I was using. I've installed similar mods as DLC in the past without trouble.

I will try deleting and reinstalling the game and doing everything fresh.

Where can I find the download for this pack? I have scoured these posts and cannot seem to find it.

Thanks.

Where can I find the download for this pack? I have scoured these posts and cannot seem to find it.

Thanks.

You have to click on the spoilers; the links are hidden inside them. Took me a while to remember that that's now a thing...

This mod actually has me playing every game without resource icons, and other visual noise for the first time in Civ history. Bravo.

Apologies in advance, I'm new to this, but where do I actually download the mod, couldn't find it on nexus mods or the steam workshop.

Apologies in advance, I'm new to this, but where do I actually download the mod, couldn't find it on nexus mods or the steam workshop.

The download links are in the OP. There are a couple, and they're all inside the spoiler tags

Last edited:
I followed the instructions but I can't find v10 so I guess that's why it's not working.

TTE_2k.Civ5Pkg:
Code:
<Directory>Cities</Directory>
<Directory>Environment</Directory>
<Directory>Landmarks</Directory>
<Directory>Terrain</Directory>
Perhaps there should be written this?
Code:
<Directory>Water</Directory>

Hi guys,
after a long break of playing CIV I started a hotseat with a friend and I had to download my own pack.. LOL. I saw the comments here and so I edited my initial post. I noticed that there was a lot of confusion with the quotes. It really looked nice on the old forum, but if you don't know how to deal with them it is pretty confusing.
Please be aware that you need V10 in order to use V11. V11 is just an update and I provided two packs for it. So first download V10 and then choose one of the packs of 11.
I used to take the smooth pack, but after a long break it changed somehow. Now I am using the Differ pack.

P.S. I checked the links and everything is fine. You can download the mod via MEGA. Enjoy!

EDIT: Thank you guys for over 1.000 downloads, I am really happy that you like it.

Last edited:
Does IGE work with this ?

Yes. This is just a graphical overhaul, so it will only affect the textures and nothing more.

Thanks! I've tried it and it worked perfectly. And I really liked it, A pleasure for my eyes. On top of that it seems like the game runs more smoothly. A highly recommended mod! Well done sir!

Hi guys, happy 2017!

I want to inform about my "new" release of version 11. This is more or less a re-upload, but I merged the two packs of V10 and V11. So you don't need to download V10 anymore, in order to use V11. However, I fixed the wrong TTE_2k.Civ5Pkg in the re-upload of V11. I don't know why, but the entries were wrong and as Tomahawk.nsk noted correctly it had to be like this:

Code:
<Directory>Water</Directory>

Moreover V11 is now containing the former "Differ" pack, so if you liked the noticeable difference of Grassland and Plain tiles, this is for you. If you want to have it a bit smoother, you can download the Addon in addition.

Thanks! I've tried it and it worked perfectly. And I really liked it, A pleasure for my eyes. On top of that it seems like the game runs more smoothly. A highly recommended mod! Well done sir!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

This texture pack is so, so beautiful. I don't often have this same feeling with other graphical changers in other games, but I feel like it changes my game experience instead of just improving it. It's beautiful.

Top Bottom