Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

Hey guys!

I play this mod with Hulfgars Modpack. Anyways, I find that AI are willing to trade technologies for nothing. I can request a wave of 10+ technologies without offering anything and the AI will give it to me. On the flip side, if I offer a technology to an AI, they won't offer anything (even 1 gold) in return. They want me to give it to them for free.

Not sure if it's a compatibility issue (is the mod compatible with Hulfgars Modpack?) but the AI have ZERO value in technologies. Which is to my benefit as the human player because I can just request techs I don't know and the AI will hand them over at no cost.

I did not take the time to read through this entire thread. So, I apologize if this question has been asked/answered already.

But, when I run this mod with the latest versions of Info Addict (IA) & City State Diplomacy (CSD), the Map/Tile Info Display disappears, so when I scroll over a tile, I get no popup re: tile/unit info.

I really want to play using this mod, but I consider IA and CSD to be necessary. Easy solution hopefully? Thanks!

But, when I run this mod with the latest versions of [[Info Addict (IA) &]] City State Diplomacy (CSD) ...

NOT going to work - as both this mod and CSD have a replacement DLL and you can only have ONE mod with a replacement DLL active at a time - to use both you'll need the merged DLL mod

Does anyone know of a issue using this and Gedomons Revolutions Mods? Played last night and the Diplo Trade screen is all messed up with huge blanks in it.????

Hey, does anyone know why this mod seems to create UI errors (specifically with Espionage and traderoutes) when used with a mod that changes the tech speed? They don't seem to have any conflicting files, and I'd like to know if anyone has experienced the same thing and/or has a workaround.

Make sure you do not have two or more mods using dll's. Civ5 only allows for one dll mod. If you have 2 or more dll mods running at the same time, expect some flakey errors.

Does anyone have any idea why it keeps crashing the game when I try to load the mod?

I've got Brave New World, and I have no other mods installed.

Is this mod incompatible with the other DLC's? Should I disable everything other than Brave New World?

EDIT: Sorry, I realized I wasn't using the most recent update. I updated, and it works for me now. Could a mod please delete this post. Thank you.

Trying to load v10 on BNW 1.0.3.18, no other mods, but crashes with no apparent error in the logs.

Is there a way to try v9 or earlier? Very important features to have in Civ 5.

Trying to load v10 on BNW 1.0.3.18,

Old version of the game, enable Steam and wait for it to auto-update - the version number should be 1.0.3.144

Hello,

i am trying to get this mod (v10) working with BNW 144, but sadly, it does not work. After moving the mod file into the MODS folder i start the game, load the mod, get a list of its features, where are all the attractive features described, including that the multiplayer should work and that enabling tech exchange have to be done in the options menu. I click confirm, but then i only have the possibility to start a single player game, the button to enable tech exchange is nowhere to be found and the game looks like nothing has changed. Furthermore I don’t have any additional possibilities, when negotiating with another civ.

Please help, i downloaded the mod from the link in the first post of this thread, copied it with to source code to the MODS folder, don’t know why doesn’t it work. I would like to play one game once more, but doing it with the civ5 diplomacy just ain’t fun. I´m not using any other mod.

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to play this mod with Gedemon's 43 Civ mod? Because I would really like to. But I understand if it would be too hard/time consuming/not possible/etc.

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in, new to the forums.

EDIT: I know I could use whoward69's 34 civ DLL, but that's only 34 civs. AFAIK there's no 43 civ dll made by whoward

do people playing with this mod notice or not if it greatly increases the speed of tech? with trading it would seem logical that technology and science would be much faster gained in games with this. is there a way i can maybe make it so u cant trade tech? cuz trading of maps is... lets face .. amazeballs

EDIT: I know I could use whoward69's 34 civ DLL, but that's only 34 civs. AFAIK there's no 43 civ dll made by whoward

When I compile the 34 civ version of the DLL mod, it also comes with 43 and 62 civ versions of the dll file - but you have to manually copy one of those over the 34 civ dll file in the mod

Thanks whoward! Just did it and it works like a dream. :)

Also, does anyone know what could be causing a problem between this and Health and Plagues mod? Because with both of them, instead of saying "Health: #%" at the top, it says "HEALTH!". Plagues still happen, but you cant find out you're empires health.

Should I be asking about this in the Health and Plagues thread?

Hi I dont seem to be able to see the Deals history screen check my log and I am gettinf the following.

[10675.164] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Blax\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10)\UI\InGame\WorldView\TradeLogic.lua:465: attempt to index field 'CancelButton' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Blax\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10)\UI\InGame\WorldView\TradeLogic.lua:465: in main chunk
=[C]: in function 'include'
Assets\UI\InGame\Popups\DiploCurrentDeals.lua:5: in main chunk
=[C]: ?
[10675.164] Runtime Error: Assets\UI\InGame\Popups\DiploCurrentDeals.lua:183: attempt to index field 'HistoricDealsButton' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Assets\UI\InGame\Popups\DiploCurrentDeals.lua:183: in main chunk
=[C]: ?
[10675.164] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets\UI\InGame\Popups\DiploCurrentDeals.lua.

Looked for the DiploCurrentDeasl.lua in that location and its not there just an XML file of the same name.

Also can someone clear up if Vassals do anything other than a boost to relationships I am not seeing anything.

Hi guys,

I'm unable to get mods through steam, and i was really hoping SOMEONE could upload a link to direct download the latest version of this mod. PLEASE. this mod sounds great and i would love to refer it to my friends. Please provide one! Thank you!

Regards

Top Bottom