Version 2.6 discussion

Why has the unit costs for later eras been increased? Will build times be slower then 2.5, or is it to compensate for some other added effect? Where is it set?

mite want to redo 2.6 full to have the prob parts off by default......i know i can search the xml files to turn off but not everyone can.....i just started a new game and turned the revdcm off but when the game started it was all on.....also by reloading i was able to get a few hundred turns farther in but i finally found a waiting for other civs bug that wasn't passable
You had v2.5 and/or v2.6betas installed before? You might have to check and delete all old BUG mod's ini files from 'My documents/My Games/Beyond the sword' -folder (don't delete CivilizationIV.ini). The old ini files have your old settings saved and thus on your computer the revdcm options are on by default while actually they should be off by default in RoM 2.6. Once you have deleted the ini files, start the mod and it will create new ones with the default settings. Those inis are updated everytime you make changes to game options (ctrl-alt-o).

Why has the unit costs for later eras been increased? Will build times be slower then 2.5, or is it to compensate for some other added effect? Where is it set?
Build times should be slower now than in v2.5. Also all unit strengths have been adjusted. Game speed also affects build times. In Rise of Mankind\docs -folder there are excel sheet files that show all unit cost values and strengths and lots of other calculations...

I started 3 games with 2.6 all ending in a waiting for civs bug. didn't have that problem in 2.6 beta2.
now i turned off the inquisition in revdcm. playing a custom game with standard settings i reached 1900 (normal game speed). now i started marathon on large map and reached 100AD without problems.

Zarg

arrgghh ty sounds like work tho....think i'll just delete and reinstall easier and quicker

You're going to completely uninstall Civ4 and then reinstall the whole game? I'm pretty sure zappara's directions are quicker. They do seem to work, even though the game still *says* the barb civ component is active. <_<

wild animal didn't come into my land and just stayed in one plot. I've never seen a wild animal staying in a single plot for so long.
is this a bug or some setting issue?

Following zappara's advise (removing ini files) and disabling inquisition got few hundreds turns more but "waiting" still...

QUOTE=Zarg;7897113]I started 3 games with 2.6 all ending in a waiting for civs bug. didn't have that problem in 2.6 beta2.
now i turned off the inquisition in revdcm. playing a custom game with standard settings i reached 1900 (normal game speed). now i started marathon on large map and reached 100AD without problems.

Zarg[/QUOTE]

You had v2.5 and/or v2.6betas installed before? You might have to check and delete all old BUG mod's ini files from 'My documents/My Games/Beyond the sword' -folder (don't delete CivilizationIV.ini). The old ini files have your old settings saved and thus on your computer the revdcm options are on by default while actually they should be off by default in RoM 2.6. Once you have deleted the ini files, start the mod and it will create new ones with the default settings. Those inis are updated everytime you make changes to game options (ctrl-alt-o).

I tried this and I still got the Waiting for other Civs error

I'm constantly getting a CTD error on start up. When it says Init XML (Uncached) it crashes with the windows error message. Any ideas? I've not had any problems with 2.5, but 2.6 just won't work for me.

I'm constantly getting a CTD error on start up. When it says Init XML (Uncached) it crashes with the windows error message. Any ideas? I've not had any problems with 2.5, but 2.6 just won't work for me.

1. Get rid of all .ini except Civilization.ini in your My games\Beyond the sword directory.
2. Clear out the cache, ie hold the shift key down while loading Civ.

This gets rid of most of the problems people are having with 2.6.

1. Get rid of all .ini except Civilization.ini in your My games\Beyond the sword directory.
2. Clear out the cache, ie hold the shift key down while loading Civ.
This gets rid of most of the problems people are having with 2.6.

Would you please tell me what is this "cache" thing I hear about every now and than? are those files? where are they? and what are they?
"Holding the key "Shift" while loading" ? you mean to double-click on the saved file and than keep my finger on the Shift key until the game is loaded? is there another way to clean the cache?

I'm having an odd problem with the UI in 2.6. I just updated it by deleting the previous folder with all the files (bts/mods/RoM), then simply pasting the large file where the other was. The exact problem is that my game seems unable to load anything but the screen with the terrain and the start units. I am also unable to load the civilopedia in the main menu when having the mod loaded. I had no problems in the previous versions and have no problems in the original game. Anyone with the same problem? <.<

I get late game CTD crashes (usually around the medievel era)when I load another save.

I'm having an odd problem with the UI in 2.6. I just updated it by deleting the previous folder with all the files (bts/mods/RoM), then simply pasting the large file where the other was. The exact problem is that my game seems unable to load anything but the screen with the terrain and the start units. I am also unable to load the civilopedia in the main menu when having the mod loaded. I had no problems in the previous versions and have no problems in the original game. Anyone with the same problem? <.<

got the same bug , missing interface "."

Would you please tell me what is this "cache" thing I hear about every now and than? are those files? where are they? and what are they?

When Civ is loaded it puts some of the information into files to speed up loading and reading of that information. These files are called cache files because they are not the original files but what the game reads instead while running. When a new game is Civ session is played it may continue using these cache files rather than reload the information into them speeding up the game start. Unfortunately it does not always pick up on when the original files are changed and it needs to recreate these cache files. I suspect it rereads them if you change the mod you are playing. However if you replace the mod with a newer version the game does not recognise this as a new mod and so uses the old cache files.

On Windows XP machines these files are stored in (takes a deep breath):-
C:\Documents and Settings\<insert your PC name here>\Local Settings\Application Data\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache

"Holding the key "Shift" while loading" ? you mean to double-click on the saved file and than keep my finger on the Shift key until the game is loaded?

Yes!

is there another way to clean the cache?

You can also delete the cache directory forcing Civ to recreate it.

hmmm i reinstalled bts and now playing 2.6 with no probs whatsoever.....course only made it to roughly 2kbc or so...lol not sure havint played in over 24 due to work but hopefully it continues

Hi zap and RoM players,

as I like the RoM with RevDCM+BarbCivs and all the other nice included mods, I tried to find a way to play with the most annoying, the "waiting for civs" bug.

I managed to get a relatively smooth playing experience and wanted to share it with other players.

For Zap: I have attached my logs, the problem seems to occur when a (minor?) civ starts the golden age.
(From PythonDbg.log : PY: Revolt - The English City State are in their golden age!)

Here a guide:

1. Turn on the logging in ..\\Beyond the Sword\_Civ4Config (is just a shortcut to CivilizationIV.ini):
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

2. When the bug occurs, AltTab and look into C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\PythonDbg.log which civ is causing the bug.
In my case its the english:
PY: Revolt - The English City State are in their golden age!

2.1 Remember the turn/year when this occurs and load an autosave and play to this year/turn.

3. Make all your moves until you can end the turn, but do not end the turn!

4. Change leader (Ctrl+shift+L) to the bugged civ.

5. Make one move for all the movable units for this turn, until there are no more units to move, but do not end the turn!

6. Change back to your civ. The turn will now be automaticaly ended and the game goes on.

7. Play!

This one worked for me in a single player game.
I'm currenty playing a multiplayer game with a friend and I think that we will get the bug in a week or two, then we will try this solution for the multiplayer (if the bug is not fixed until then).

My game settings:

Gigantic Map
Custom Continents
Revolution, Techdiffusion, BarbCivs enabled.

Me and my friend will be of course very happy if the bug would be fixed in a week or two :), but even so I think we can enjoy a RoM game with all the optional mods on.

Greetings,

astrac

p.s.: zap, the logs are after i was able to resume the game using the steps i described.
As the bug occured the last two lines in PythonDbg.log were

PY:player 50 Civilization Barbarian State Unit Trained dogs was killed by Player 27
PY: Revolt - The English City State are in their golden age!

Attachments

• Logs2_astrac.zip
    703 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom