[NFP] [1.0.10.15] [Barbarians Mode] UI Issue: Unable to Interact with Airfields and Missile Silos

sgtmoody1944

Chieftain
With the Barbarians mode active, there is an issue with the UI whereby aircraft capacity does not show up with airfields, and also there is no option to deploy a strike from a missile silo. Steps to reproduce:
  1. Start game with Barbarians mode active.
  2. Place down missile silo (I used Tuner to do this on turn 1). Observe that no strike options appear.
  3. Increase player warhead count (I used Tuner to do this on turn 1). Observe that that no strike options appear.
  4. Place down airstrip (I used Tuner to do this on turn 1). Observe that no aircraft capacity appears.
  5. Spawn aircraft on the map (I used Tuner to do this on turn 1) and rebase them to airstrip. Observe that no aircraft capacity appears.
  6. Restart game with Barbarians mode disabled. Observe that steps 2-5 are automatically fixed now.
Addendum: This behavior also appears to affect mountain tunnels, whereby the icon does not show up, but units are still able to traverse mountain tunnels correctly. Mountain tunnel icons are restored when the Barbarians mode is disabled. As it is a more minor issue, I am including it here.

Expected behavior:
Airfields should show aircraft capacity; missile silos should show warhead count, and have options for deploying missile strikes. (Addendum: mountain tunnel icons should show up)

Resultant behavior: With Barbarians mode active, expected behavior does not occur. Disabling Barbarians mode instantly resolves this. Enabling any of the other NFP game modes does not cause this problem to reappear, so it seems to be exclusively linked to the activation of the Barbarians mode. (Addendum: mountain tunnel icons do not show up with Barbarians mode enabled)

System specs: W10 x64, 1080 Ti, 64 GB RAM, i7-5930k.

Additional remarks: I'm pretty confident that the issues I reported are not tied with technology. I first discovered this in a normal play-through where, in later eras, I was not able to assess air capacity at airstrips or launch nuclear strikes from silos (I was still able to do this with aircraft and subs, however). I restarted the game twice, and placed down turn 1 airstrips and missile silos, and then gave myself the full tech and civics trees via Tuner, and the problems still persisted.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. I played a game with Barbarian mode on (and some others) and same things happened. I also did a test, played a game on online speed starting in last era with Barab mode and then without. Without barbs, airfields and missile silos sprites appeared, when with barabs these sprites disappeared.

Top Bottom