New Mafia Game - finished 11/11/19 (MAFIA flawless victory)

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
Join! Join! Join!

We need at least ten people to have a working game. Please join only if you're willing to actually play. Standards are far more relaxed here than on MafiaUniverse or Mafiascum.net, but still.

Usual rules apply: no editing, 48/24, etc.

And yes I am instituting flake moderation.

Signups:

1. topsecret
2. NinjaCow64
3. JohannaK
4. Rakkoon
5. Csargo
6. Montmorency
7. classical_hero
8. RRRaskolnikov
9. LordArgon
10. Snerk
11. Timsup2nothin
12. Synsensa
13. choxorn
14. MaryKB

Reserves:
1. Arakhor
2. Rakkon v2

The game proper starts at post #45 on page 3.
Day One update: classical_hero is lynched (post #176, page 9).
Night One update: Rakkoon is killed (post #179, page 9).
Day Two update: topsecret is lynched (post #285, page 15).
Night Two update: LordArgon is killed (post #286, page 15).
Day Three update: Timsup2nothin is lynched (post #343, page 18).
Night Three update: choxorn is killed (post #352, page 18).
Day Four update: Csargo (pronounced Tsar-go) is lynched (post #387, page 20). The game ends with a MAFIA victory.

Last edited:
In

In

Yo I'll play, just ping me on the Org/Discord when it starts.

I don't have you on Discord so the .org it shall have to be. :bow:

Csargo#9005 I'm in the MU discord, but I don't know if you are.

OMGUS

I am in

We've reached the minimum! I'm going to let signups remain open for a week or so, because of this jobhunting I've mentioned elsewhere. If anybody else wants to play you'll be added and I can always tweak the role distribution. The more players the better, actually.

I'm in...but someone is going to have to expand a bit for me on the "the usual rules apply" bit since i have no idea what the usual rules might be.

Let's see. This will be a basic game.
Players are randomly assigned to one of two teams when the game starts: the uninformed majority (Town, a.k.a. Innocents) and the informed minority (Scum/Mafia/Wolf/askthepizzaguy). They win by eliminating the other or, in the mafia's case, whittling down the town to parity.
The game has two main phases:
  • In ‘Day’ phases (48ish hours) all players publicly vote to have one player killed (lynch) and that player's alignment is revealed. There might be a tie and there are tiebreaker arrangements, in this case an extension of the voting period in which the first person to cast a tiebreaking vote ends the phase.
    Voting is done by writing vote: player's name (bolded) and they can be unvoted (unvote: player's name) as many times as you like before the phase ends -unless the GM states otherwise but this game is not big enough.
    (added 2/11/2019) Voting for No lynch is not allowed. Support votes are not allowed.
  • In ‘Night’ Phases (24ish hours) players send in secret actions directly to the GM (i.e. me) and all those actions are resolved at the end of the phase. More often than not players are forbidden from posting at night.
    The only Night Action that's always allowed is the Mafia faction's ‘kill’ which directly kills a player from the game.
At the end of each Day or Night phase there is a big update post by the GM with the results of that phase.

Posts made by players cannot be edited. The GM can punish you for it and all votes in edited posts are automatically invalid.
Dead players cannot post anymore.
You cannot post, quote, screenshot, etc. any private communications between you and the GM here in the thread.
You cannot contact other players outside the game thread unless specifically allowed to by the GM.

I think that's all the major issues covered.

Last edited:
Oh what the hell, in

Top Bottom