A WORLD IN ARMS: WW2 Italian Armies

imperator1961

Last of the Mohicans
Here my new and first pack of WW2 Armies: Italian Armies.
First here are the Regio Esercito units. The Regio Esercito vitually ceased to exist after 8 september 1943. Part of soldiers choose to disband, other choose to combat with the Allies (Italian Army of the South), other choose to fight against German and RSI (Italian Fascists) as Partisans and other choose tho follow Mussolini's Repubblica Sociale Italiana-RSI and fight with Germans. The RSI units were more like a paramilitary troops than regular army so we have a lot of different uniforms (depending to the unit's leader), but a small dimensions, except for the X Mas that had a strengh of a regular division.
A little note: some units have the correct sonds file thanks to Ares de Borg. Others not yet but I hope tha Ares will send to me the .INI file so I will post all they here.

There are many people to thanks for this and the all future ww2 packs: first Ares de Borg for sound file, many other author that have posted in the NET many free tanks models like Papus3d, RobboPOSH, Maquinart, Bubus-Belizariush, Vaclon, Volcol, Seth D, fingerz, Inietog, ben D., Giganaut233, jake M, Porsimo.

From left to right Italian Regio Esercito:
Italian 47-32 AT Gun, Italian 90-53 AA Sandbag, Italian AB 41, Italian Alpino, Italian Alpino 47 32 AT Gun, Italian Alpino Breda 30, Italian Alpino Breda M37 HMG, Italian Alpino Light Mortar Team, Italian Autocannone 80-45, Italian Autocannone 90-53 AA Gun, Italian Bersagliere, Italian Bersagliere B38-42, Italian Bersagliere Breda 30, Italian Bersagliere Motociclista, Italian Breda 20-65, Italian Breda 20-65 SPA Dovunque 35, Italian Camionetta AS 42, Italian Camionetta Sahariana, Italian Cannone 90-53 AA, Italian Cannone 149 40, Italian FIAT 11-39, Italian Infantry, Italian Infantry B38-42, Italian Infantry Breda 30, Italian Infantry Breda HMG Pillbox, Italian Infantry Breda M37 HMG, Italian Infantry Flamethrower, Italian Infantry Light Mortar Team, Italian Infantry Mortar Team, Italian Infantry S18-100 AT Rifle, Italian L3 FlameThrower, Italian L3-33, Italian L6-40, Italian Lancia IZ, Italian M Marine Beretta 38 SMG, Italian M Marine Breda 30, Italian M Marine Breda 37 HMG, Italian M Marine Infantry, Italian M13-40, Italian M15-42, Italian M47 32, Italian MVSN Infantry, Italian MVSN Infantry Breda 30, Italian Obice 100-17, Italian Obice 147-40, Italian Paratrooper, Italian Paratrooper B38-42, Italian Paratrooper Breda 30, Italian Pavesi M 30-A, Italian Savoia Cavalry, Italian SPA Ovunque Truck.

Italian Army of the South and Partisans.
From left to right:
Italian Army of the South Bersagliere, Italian Army of the South Bren MG, Italian Army of the South Infantry, Italian Army of the South Mortar Team, Italian Army of the South Sten SMG, Italian Army of the South Vickers HMG.

Italian Partisan, Italian Partisan MP42, Italian Partisan Sten SMG.

RSI.
From left to right:
Italian RSI AS 42 AA Gun, Italian RSI Black Brigade B38-42, Italian RSI BlackSkirt PzKpfw III, Italian Rsi BlackSkirt Stug III, Italian RSI L 15-40, Italian RSI Mobile Legion, Italian RSI P40 Tank, Italian RSI Paratrooper, Italian RSI Semovente 75-18, Italian RSI Semovente 90 53, Italian RSI Semovente 105-25, Italian RSI TL 37 Protetto, Italian RSI X MAS B38-42, Italian RSI X MAS Breda 30, Italian RSI X MAS Breda 37 HMG, Italian RSI X MAS Panzerfaust, Italian RSI Semovente 105-25.

Download the units:
Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV.

Please note that I have uploaded here in the attached files a .zip with missing PediaIcons for Camionetta Shahariana and SPA Ovunque Truck.

Attachments

• IT Loss.rar
    23.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
You've released it, I can't believe that it finally happened!!! Guess it will be a lot of pleasant work for all WWII scenario makers in the near future!

P.S. Would any of the soldiers look similar enough to be used as Italian late 40's-early 50's infantry?

Great work, and sorry that I haven't done all of them by now. I'll keep updating you with sounds.

Unfortunately Ovunque Truck misses it's pcx files.

EDIT. Also Camionetta Sahariana has pcx files of Camionetta AS42. M1542 has *ini file of 47 mm AT gun (no trouble for experienced modders but could be trouble for novice).

I am speechless, and will never again doubt you Sir.
I was however beginning to loose hope that this outstanding stuff should start popping up.

And now this .... Beyond the wildest of dreams to be sure.

No words can cover this outburst of units, AND this is only Italians.
I guess a new HD is needed when all the nations units have finally pop up.
It will be hard work to include them all in any mod or scenario, since they have to get in (as your old WWI units)

You Sir, make some smashing units with so much details.
Thanks

I'll go and state the obvious, these are some really great looking units you have created. I just hope you get as much entertainment out of all them as everybody else here does.

Top Bottom