Against the Wall feedback

Hello,
i play 0.41 FFH2, with latest patch (n as far as i know)
I have installed the full mod from a file called "2009_05_16_FallfromHeaven2041d.exe", i.e. i play with the german translation.
i doubt it has something to do with the crash, but just to complete the info.
Now to the actual problem:
is there a known bug with the scenarios?
Everytime i try to start the one where you have to kill 100 Infernals ("Against the wall") the game crashes (CtD) and microsoft is annoying me with a error report message.
Relying on what the message says, the problem is caused by a file called "appcompat.txt" which is located in the \temp directory of windows.
I already completed a few other scenarios ("the great menagerie", the dungeon scenario, and that one where you fight the barbs (the orange civ)) without any problem occuring.
What could be problem? Could my againstthewall-savegame in the scenarios directory be damaged?
If so, could please someone upload the file?
Normally ffh2 runs very stable on my PC. Even on giant maps it never crashes.
Thanx for any help.
*Yvain*

Yvain,

Are you sure you are talking about 'Against the Wall'? I haven't played it in a while, I thought the idea was to survive, I don't remember killing 100 Infernals. Are you playing a different scenario?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Hi,
Yeah, i am sure.
But as i am not able to play it and the description is blank i tried to remember what the scenario was about.
So i might have mixed it up with another one.
Attatched you'll find a screenshot. Is it normal that the description of "Against the wall" is empty?
In case it isnt i think its pretty probable that my Againstthewall-savegame is damaged (it has 235kb by the way)
In that case, could someone upload it, so i can simply replace it?
I dont like the idea of reinstalling everything as apart from that scenario everything works perfectly fine.
mfg
*Yvain*

Attachments

• Against the Wall.JPG
    Against the Wall.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 265
Yvain,

That is very odd. The screen you show is for 'Against the Wall', but the objective of killing 100 Infernals is from the Radiant Guard. The bug you are encountering is a known bug in The Radiant Guard when you kill Hyborem before killing 100 Infernals.

I'm wondering if there was some kind of switch when the German Translation was made?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Ok,
ive finished the Momus now.
Yes you are right. 100 Infernal + Hyborem killing is The Radiant Guard, which i am currently playing now.
The reason why i confused "Radiant Guard" with "Against the Wall" is because there is no description of "against the wall" (as you can see in the screenshot postet above), and i didnt watch all other scenario descriptions. If i had done the latter, i would have learned that kill 100 infernals is not "against the wall"
So, forget about that.
The problem still remains, though.
"Against the wall" still isnt working.
First question: Is it normal that there is no description of against the wall?
Second question: Can anyone post a working "Against the Wall.CivBeyondSwordWBSave"-file as i think mine may be broken.
thanks.
*Yvain*

There is a description in the English version.

well, as far as i know, the english text remains when there is no german translation already.
So, if it would work the way it should, i'm supposed to see the german or, at least, the english description.
This confirmes my assumption that somesthings wrong wrong my scenario file.
are the scenario itself and its description too different files, or is the description read out of the scenariofile itself?
*Yvain*

Again, i really would like to start the attempt to simply replace my scenariofile with a working one.
Worth a try, i think...

Have you tried to load the scenario file manually?

Nope, not until yesterday. And, to my surprise, it worked.
Every other scenario works when i load it from "Fall from heaven.scenarios".
But as long as this one also works even if i have to load it manually, so what.
Anyway, thanks for your help
*Yvain*

Top Bottom