Age of the Republic Scenario

new version, up and running.

I am new at downloading all this stuff online but this scenario looks great and i would love to try but it doesn't work for me. I think it is because i need to get the grapics for the land and UUs if some one could give me the links for the grapics i will need to play it would be greatly helpful. Thank you al.l

to simulate ancient combat all units should be able to retreat. No army was ever completely destroyed.

@arcknight - u dont need to download anything but the posted file... as long as you have the biq (the main file, that this scenario uses) in the conquests\scenarios (yes you need conquests v1.22) folder and the "aotr" folder right along side it you should be good.

@agentpotato - if you can find a way to make units retreat when they all move more than one movement point, lemme know, k. if i sacrifice movement points this scenario will get boring, fast.

I have the folders all set up as it says in readme but i still get this message after chooseing civ and hitting ok.

LOAD ERROR
ERROR READING FILE
missing entry in "Scenarios\..\conquest\Rise of Rome\text\pedialcons.txt\:
ANIMNAME_PROTO_MERCENARY

I think the loading bar is about half way when this comes up.If anyone could tell me what i am doing wrong it would help alot thank you.

i just Dl it too...make sure you have the file here:

Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios...visually check that both biq and folder are there.

remove and re-install the scen

start with civ content in game..it does take a long long time to load for me but did finally start, i guess so many pieces take time..looks fun..

@industial-- i tried mac( green team) it said "debug" instead in the chosen nation for all id marks with the game-map city etc
is there a fix for that.

hopes that helps

Ok now i have it in the right place. it still doesn't work. How do i reinstall like you said.

rightclick on the age of republic folder and age of republic biq and choose recylce bin. you can do one at a time. then go back to your downloaded file and unzip to proper folder.

sometimes and i don't know why when you move things they just don't work, they have to be unzipped to the proper spot..
hope that helps

king stuart

question... when i compressed these files, did i compress them wrong? are they not already in the right working order? will correct if this is true.

Hmm, well let me think about it, i think it would it be perfect if you could allow them to retreat while still having several movement points. I'll look into it

Agent Potato said:
Hmm, well let me think about it, i think it would it be perfect if you could allow them to retreat while still having several movement points. I'll look into it

That is not possible I fear. As a rule:

Any unit of move >1 (i.e. what civ call a fast unit) has the potential to retreat if facing a unit of move 1 (i.e. a slow unit), they will never retreat against another fast unit.

Which explains why RFRE still use infantry with a movement rate of 1 and cavalry with movement of 2 or 3. If you want to keep the retreat ability but boost movement, you can only play with the following settings: (1) road movement rate in the general settings tab (2) units' ability "ignore terrain cost" , or (3) units' ability "treat all terrain like roads".

@kingstuart - sorry i forgot to turn off "debug mode" in the original upload. you have to go into the editor, open the biq, go into scenario properties, and uncheck debug mode. i've fixed this problem since then, but sorry for the hassle.

@arcknight - sounds like you got something wrong with the order, maybe kingstuart is right about stuff not being liked moved around. your best bet is to delete it and redownload it. when you unzip it make sure the extract path is c:\atari\(civilization III or whatever the sub folder is)\conquests\scenarios and nothing else after that. the folders and the biq should already be in order.

It's rather fun =)

Is their any way to make this scenario work on multyplayer? - I dont know if there is any way to enable more then 8 nations (?).

I did it 100% the same as you said and i still got the above listed error at the same time. Any other choices?

Top Bottom