Age of the Republic Scenario

Fiend777Fits said:
this is a great mod. everyone should dl it right now. if you dont dl it, you're better off shootin yourself in the face.

Though I do not doubt the quality of this Scenario, this must have been the dumbest and worst recommendation ever.

Nice mod. Cogrulations!!!!
I played as dacs and conqured half of galics with offensive tectic. I think ships movement could be at a maximum of 12 or less.
Can you make this a playable MP or can you port it to Civ4.

holy crap. somebody finally posts. thanks for the congrats. i'm not sure what i'm gonna do about this scenario right now. i have been contemplating whether to remake it for civ4, but i hear the modding is much more dificult. mp is most definitely outta the question since i refuse to reduce the number of civs.

btw, i am industrialg0d. different since i forgot my old password.

Fiend777Fits said:
holy crap. somebody finally posts. thanks for the congrats. i'm not sure what i'm gonna do about this scenario right now. i have been contemplating whether to remake it for civ4, but i hear the modding is much more dificult. mp is most definitely outta the question since i refuse to reduce the number of civs.

btw, i am industrialg0d. different since i forgot my old password.

At this kinda of scenario i like have dacs on the map as dacs + romans = romanians from today... Also nice to put such an ancient history map in a civ 3 ... Well done.
I agree a multiplayer is kinda hard to be made for civ 3 ... but for civ 4 it can be fun.
If you need i may suply you with maps from tracs and dacs.
Also graphics are great...
I know is not the only such scenario from here...

You may find short info here http://www.unrv.com/provinces/dacia.php

If someone has not already answered about your problem about leader names being identical, it is easy to "clean". Just leave the names empty in the editor in Scenario Properties> Players > Leader Name and it will fix the problem (it will look for each civ leader name in the Civilizations tag in the editor). Dumb I know...

Why not make an update to this scenario? It has very much potential but there are a lot of things it lacks. here is a list of primary things I think should be improved.
(1) Better leader heads. There are plenty nice leader heads you can DL from this site.
(2) More complete pedia. It is not hard to do and it adds a great deal of flavor to the game.
(3) This is optional. More historicaly accurate game play. Some Civ's should get stronger as the time's pass, and others should get weaker.
(4) This is just my opinion, but you should add Puntus and Parthia and remove Media. The kingdoms Pontus an Parthia of great importance at the time.
While the country of Media already had not existed for hundreds of years.

I know it is not easy. I am still finding how to use the editor. This is one of the first scenarios DL from CFC.
And I think it is a nice :goodjob: scenario.

thanks redwall. i dled the sdk for civ4 and just to be able to use it, you need visual basic or something (which isnt free) and if you do wanna do it free, you got to dl a bunch of stuff and change a bunch of options or something. i really don't know. it looks daunting and isn't very familiar to me. the civ3 editor is a lot more user-friendly than worldbuilder as well.

unless i can get some help, i think i'll wait til i get my week paid vacation from work to contemplate whether to do anything.

Hello once again.
I was not talking :mischief: about you making this scenario for civ4. What I was trying to say that it should continue to improve. I am not against you making a new edition of it civ4, but I think you should carry on the work on the civ3:D version.

Personally I have not bought civ4, and I do not think I will anytime soon. Civ3 still has very many possibilities that I have not :scan: explored.

ok im gonna try to remake it for civ 4 as soon as i finish re-installing civ 3. i came to this decision after browsing through all the horsehockey scenarios (for civ 4) already out there. will probably fail horribly at the attempt but oh well gotta try.

any clue where to post about finding somebody to collaborate. right now my major obstacles are:

1. my complete ignorance of the xml python etc. stuff
2. no warlords mediterranean map (there is tam's mediterranean huge but it is vanilla and i really would like the 24 civs and the vassalage)
3. need an editor i can use (for warlords) the worldbuilder for warlords (as well as vanilla's) is just annoying

since its inception a year and a half ago? nothing. i'm done with this scenario. lost interest in civ and scenario-making. if anybody else wants to tweak it or fubar it, go for it.

I'm almost there. I'm just going to finish the one I started and then switch to just playing them. Then again sometimes its nice to just play the regular old un modded civ for a change. All I play right now are mods or scenarios.

Top Bottom