Alerum's Unaltered Game Play

Hi. I'd just like to say that this mod collection is super cool.

Is it possible for someone to make an install file where users can select which mods they want to install? That would put the icing on the cake :)

Snaerff said:
Hi.
I'd prefer to see you bring back the whole "furious/cautious" words instead of "fur/cau". The additional length was actually better for me. Either that or an icon.
Snaerff, just go into screens\CvMainInterface.py, search for [0:6] and delete it ([0:6] only, not the rest obviously).
That should do it.

Thanks RobO. Seeing as how my coding skills are even less than my Civ IV skills (which is pretty bad, since I don't often win on Noble!) I'll just wait for the icons. I really appreciate how quickly and freely you give advice and solutions, though ... you guys make moding fun!

So I have this MOD downloaded, but for some reason, every time I want to start a new game, the mods aren't there. I know what I should be looking for because I have seen how it looks. I load the mod each time and the game restarts, but it continues to not have the MODpack features show up in the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT- I looked throught the rest of the thread and saw sealboy talk about changing the location of the 'customassets' folder. I did that, and it worked right away. However, the first time I load the game it doesn't have the little logo like thing in the upper right corner, but you [Alerum] mentioned that the modpack would then be the default gameplay "interface". Do I still have to reload the game to play with the modpack, or does it do it automatically even thought the logo isn't in the corner?

Since the game was started with this ran as a MOD, it will have to be finished that way as well. I'm sorry, there is no way around this.

Just wanted to say thanks to you and all the other mod makers for all your work. Great mod I love it.

Greetings. I am using this mod and enjoy it. Thanks for making this.

Now for my question. I did not install this in my program files/firaxis/civ4/mods folder but rather in My Documents folder under the civ folder there. Should I have put it in the civ4/mods folder? Did it overwrite stuff putting it where I did?

I am really loving this mod, but I am desperate to get it to work with the newer great person mod (the one with pop-ups). I know you guys seem to have it working, but could you explain it in newbie terms so i can understand, and perhaps post the updated files? Thanks- I would really appreciate it.

I'm sorry Oblivion. I've been having alot going on IRL and haven't had a chance to touch this in a while. I can't promise when I can post an update at the moment. Sorry.

It doesn't neccesarily have to be an update- it sounds like there's a way to run the two mods together, but it is scrambled over several posts. One concise post in simple dot points would be great. I can't even get the new great person mod woring by itself! Thanks again.

OblivionOdyssey said:
It doesn't neccesarily have to be an update- it sounds like there's a way to run the two mods together, but it is scrambled over several posts. One concise post in simple dot points would be great. I can't even get the new great person mod woring by itself! Thanks again.
Perhaps I can help. It works for me.
Here's what you have to do:
  1. Install Alerum's mod v0.06 if you haven't already
  2. Edit the path at the start of ...assets\python\autolog.py so that the log file goes into an existing directory
  3. Unzip the enclosed Addon_v06_UGP.zip to ...assets\python while keeping the folder structure (CvGreatPersonScreen.py has to go into the screens directory)
  4. Copy all the art files (the GreatPeople folder) from the Great Person mod v1.5 to the ...assets\art directory
  5. Delete CIV4GameTextInfos_GreatPeople.xml in the ...assets\xml\text directory
and here's a good way to test it: Start a game, build the first city, fortify the other unit, go into the world builder, add a number of wonders to your city, exit the world builder; then hit the spacebar until you get a great person.

Attachments

• Addon_v06_UGP.zip
    2 KB · Views: 115
Doesn't work- I get the error that it is unable to open the file Cveventmanager. Man this sucks. Any ideas?

Not really, it's hard to for me to see what your setup is like. Did you start with a clean slate, either in the CustomAssets folder or in a new mod directory, and follow the steps I outlined?

I have worked on getting the auto logger to show victories in different colors. I've also managed to get it to differentiate between attacking and defending.

The attached files change victory messages to DARKRED while leaving the defeat messages are RED. It also adds a "IBT" marker to show actions that occur between the human rounds. Finally, I have put in "While attacking, ..." and "While defending, ..." messages.

The attached zip file has 5 files. Two of them are the original log files that I started with (marked with 'original'), there are also two files that I have changed and a brand new file. I put them original and modified in so that you can see exactly then items I changed.

The other thing to look at is that the HOF people have released a mod based on the auto logger for use in HOF games (maybe GOTM too). They have moved all of the hard coded stuff in autolog.py into an *.ini file. They have also made a bunch of other changes - I didn't have time to fathom why.

Spoiler :
----------------------------New entries----------------------------
Turn 99 (560 AD)
While attacking, axe win (Axeman) defeats (0.80/5): Chinese Archer
While attacking, warrior lose (Warrior) loses to: German Axeman (5.00/5)
Osaka finishes: Granary

IBT:
While defending, Warrior loses to: Roman Spearman (3.44/4)
While defending, Warrior loses to: Roman Spearman (3.40/4)
While defending, Warrior loses to: German Swordsman (3.84/6)
While defending, Warrior loses to: German Axeman (5.00/5)
While defending, Warrior defeats (1.64/2): Barbarian Warrior

Turn 100 (600 AD)
Osaka begins: Worker
axe win (Axeman) promoted: Woodsman I

Attachments

• More combat Info.zip
    24.9 KB · Views: 93
I'm going to be adding Ruff's, and Rob's additions sometimes this weekend. Have either of you used SimCutie's interface? I can't seem to get the Icons to transfer over to my mod, and I'm not sure what is different that is allowing the icons to work because it's been modified so much. Would either of you mind taking a look sometime this weekend, and see if we can get that added?

Thanks y'all!

BTW - This will be the last update for a while because I'm going to Holland followed by Cairo in March, so got stuff to get done with that.

Which simcutie mod? Got a link?

Top Bottom