Be All You Can Be: U.S. Army Unit Pack

AnthonyBoscia

Emperor
:xmascheers: Merry Christmas, all. These are U.S. Army units from about 1983 to 2005 during the "Be All You can Be" era. Thanks to Ares to Borg, whose great sounds can be found with the infantry units and the M60. A big thanks to Wyrmshadow: the Bryce videos, the WW1 infantry pack, the modern soldier collection, and especially the Apache model all were all critical in providing the know-how and the props to work in Bryce.

INFANTRY

U.S. Army Infantryman: Army grunt armed with an M-16A2 in a 5.56mm, carrying PVS-7B night vision goggles and an AT4 rocket launcher. Custom M-16 sound and features sounds from Ares de Borg.

Airborne Ranger: High speed, low drag Ranger armed with M-16 and M203 grenade launcher. Also featuring sounds from Ares de Borg.

SPECIAL FORCES

Special Forces Weapons Sergeant: MOS 18B, serving as part of an Operational Detachment Alpha, or A-Team. Armed with an M249, a 5.56mm American version of the FN Minimi. Includes sounds from Ares.

Delta Operator: NCO from the Army's secret, top tier special operations unit. Armed with a CAR-15 Colt Model 723 carbine in a 5.56mm with custom suppressor and Aimpoint 2000 red dot sight. Includes drop animation and infantry sounds from Ares de Borg.

ARMOR

M60A3TTS Main Battle Tank: Last of the Patton tanks. The M60A3 is armed with the M68 main gun, a licensed-built version of the British L7 105mm rifled gun. Also carries the commander's M85 .50 cal and a M73 7.62mm coax. Sounds are by Ares again.

M60A3 Main Battle Tank MERDC Paint Scheme 1980s camo style.

CAVALRY

M114 Command and Recon Vehicle

M551 Sheridan Armored Reconnaissance/Airborne Assault Vehicle

M551 A1 TTS Sheridan

M551 Sheridan Desert Storm

AIR DEFENSE ARTILLERY

M163 Vulcan Wyrmshadow Color Conversion

Patriot Missile System

Last edited:
AVIATION

AH-64A Apache: Attack helicopter armed with AGM-114 Hellfire anti-armor missiles, 70mm Hydra rockets, and a 30mm chain gun. The gun is actually slaved to the gunner's helmet in Bryce and follows his head movement. :p Thanks for the model, Wyrm!

AH-1F Cobra: Upgraded version of the world's first dedicated attack chopper. Armed with TOW missiles, M197 20mm gatling cannon, and 70mm rockets.

AH-6 Little Bird: Light attack chopper for special operations units, armed with two M134 Miniguns. Finally got to see one of these things up close at MacDill Airfest and Good Lord are they tiny.

MH-6 Little Bird: Same bird except carries four soldiers and no armament.

UH-60A Black Hawk: Transport, medevac and all-purpose helicopter. Custom sounds.​

Last edited:
First...Woot! Especially for the helos.

I haven't been able to test any of the units yet, but infantry previews look like they pick up a bit of grain. (Not a deal breaker for me.) Is this just me or maybe a preview issue, or is it persistent?

Oh my my,
these are very good.

The helos are outstanding. Just look at the death of that Black Hawk :crazyeye:
Can´t say I have seen anything similar....

The soldiers embarking the choppers is highest standard, Sad to know that the Apaches guns are synced with the pilots helmet moves. ????

Can anyone see this in-game (monster screen 60 inch or bigger I guess)....:scan:
If I only had one of those :rolleyes:

Highest regard to you Anthony :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Excellent! Like your new ideas, very creative

Thanks, guys!

You make lot frames in animation, that's cool point. And I personally like Patton's death effects :clap:

The extra frames help with some of the animations but they do make the .flc files very large. The Black Hawk drop uses Flicster's max frame count.
The flames on the M60 are a very careful, old fashioned cut'n'paste. :) I'm not sure who the original creator was, but he's much better at making fire than I am.

Top Bottom