Be All You Can Be: U.S. Army Unit Pack

Now that M114, was that not also suppose to be used with airborne.
If so could you try and create a drop.flc with this as the Sheridan.

I know the AI is reluctant to use a defensive unit in airdrops, but having the M113 in-game this 114 should have a different role.
Or perhaps the M114 was a little more offensive than the M113, hence a predeseccor to the Bradley. That 20mm is a sign of little more power in attacking than M113.

HorseSoldier looks to know first hand how this idea is.

The M114 was a command and reconnaissance vehicle. So however you use your armored cars and recon vehicles would be the best set-up for this unit if you want to use it for its intended purpose. The 20mm cannon was a late addition in the 1970s, while earlier versions had a 50 cal. The unit now uses Ares' autocannon sound but you could easily switch it for a machine gun sound if desired. The M551 was a direct replacement for the M114 as a recon vehicle, which in turn was replaced by the M3 Bradley in the 80s.

Well, I got the M551 Sheridan replacing the M41 as Light Tank, and airborne.
M551 replaced this M114 as far as recon role, but that's a complicated lineage.
I think M551 is better suitable as a modern day ancestor to WW2 light tanks.

M114 was also used to complement the bigger M113, AFAIK.
The idea of yours with armored cars coming in to this M114 (and airborne, and equal perhaps the British Fv101 Scorpion) finally making any of the modern unit-made arm cars. That's a good idea.
The Bradley is kept as IFV-Mech Infantry lineage from the M113.
The Stryker should also find a role in this upgrading way, somehow :think:

Problem today is that so many great units are being made and it's hell (pleasant one) to fit them into the game.

Needs some thinking on this :lol:
but a drop.flc with the M114 will help along to be sure. :rolleyes:

Whatever Great Thanks for these very nice units mate
:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

One more Sheridan. This time it's the Desert Storm version from 3-73 Armor of the 82nd Airborne Division. In August 1990 this was the only armor in theater if Saddam decided to push south into Saudi before 24th ID arrived with heavy mech. This is from a highly detailed model provided by Wyrmshadow, and includes classic Ares sounds. And this time, HorseSoldier, the wheels stay on the ground!

They do. This is an issue with Bryce as a result of working on such a small scale. There is a way to reduce this, but that causes other problems like glittering halos that surround the unit, especially when moving rapidly.

Thanks! It's funny that all the books I have about tanks and about Desert Storm usually limit the models involved to Abrams+Challenger (winning) vs. T-72 (loosing). You are the first who mentioned that M551 was used in the conflict.

First off, a color conversion of Wyrmshadow's M163 Vulcan AA vehicle in NATO 3-color camo. It includes the original Ares de Borg sounds, and is retextured from Wyrm's original animations which he was kind enough to share. The unit is entirely his, although crediting downloads no longer seems to be an option in the database.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/us-m163-vulcan-camo-wyrmshadow-color-conversion.25443/

Second is the U.S. Patriot missile launcher in woodland camo. Model is from Laurana Kanan. This is probably the most agitating unit I ever worked on, having gone through 5 models to get to the final version. It hasn't been game tested so please let me know if it does not work properly in your game. Sounds are from Ripptide's desert version, so I don't know who the author is for them.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/u-s-patriot-missile-system.25444/

The desert Sheridan has some kind of palette issue.

Attachments

• DesertSheridan.png
    DesertSheridan.png
    136.1 KB · Views: 443
Pending another in-game evaluation, this should be fixed. The new version is in the database. Thanks, MeteorPunch. I guess the other 176 people that downloaded it were cool with it looking like garbage.

Top Bottom