• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Best of the Best: Winners of the Trait Polls

Best of the Best

• Total voters
East Indiamen allow you to rule the seas prior to Chemistry. They are like the Praetorians of the oceans.
Ruling the seas is not much of an advantage given that navy does not have much significance in Civ, especially during the time of East Indiamen.

Dikes are the most powerful UB if you make it to Steam Power.
But there are UBs that are much earlier and that means they have been giving you benefits for centuries already. For example, something like the Ikhanda or Ziggurat has already saved you huge amounts of gold by the time you reach Steam Power.

Also, Willem's Creative trait is pretty good. Creative is underrated, in my opinion. Getting a border pop in just 5 turns after you found your second, third, fourth cities makes a huge difference as far as getting off to a fast start.
Creative is helpful, but nowhere near the best, IMO. It's good in the early game (although not the only good early trait) but it's much less useful in the late-game. Whereas there are other traits that are consistently useful throughout the game.

Ramses. Spiritual for maximum flexibility and industrial to satisfy my craving for wonders. :D

Ahm. War chariots: Cheap unit to kill anyone who's disturbing me while building wonders ;-)

I voted for Pacal to be different. I'm just a rebel at heart. I do like how he plays though.

HC is probably the best and strong as AI too, but I just don't like playing him.

I was thinking about this poll last night and realised that my best results of all the leaders are always with Pacal. I'm not sure he's my favorite to play, but as an Emperor player I always seem to dominate from the early game with him.

My vote was for Darius.

I have never lost a game with him. First Monarch win was with Darius. He is FIN and ORG. Two traits that always shine and get better as the game goes on. You only need "sort of descent" start to whomp up with him. Great UB and superb UU of Persia are icing on the cake.

You don't need horses as badly with Darius as you do with Cyrus if you get boxed in. My second monarch game with him I was able to destroy Shaka with cats and archers (I had no metal and no horse) simply because I could afford to field a massive amount of units

Top Bottom