Bugsy's Braves Ride Again

Re: queued builds:

It's nothing personal, I just queued up a lot of stuff because I was quite undecided on stuff to build next and which ones would be more next than others. I was also in the midst of shuffling the order during the WF, because I really wanted to win that thing. After it was finished, I just forgot to delete the excess build order.

Though I suppose we should focus on banks soon enough if our gpt has nosedived

also, I'd advise against DoF with Germany. He's quite hated among the nations and he's a backstabbing jerk anyway.

Very good points ST. We presently have three building types we need to focus on: schools, factories, and banks.

After sleeping on it I agree with your assessment of Bismarck. I can't see anything that can be gained from the DoF. Plus we have a nice cushion between us called Shaka.

IBT – Decline the DoF with Bismarck. Shaka and Elizabeth sign a treaty.

Turn 167 – 1070 AD – Buy a pagoda in Dublin. We get a SP. I select the one that extends our golden age and give extra culture for wonders. Hopefully we’ll have one soon to get extra culture from. I switch Cardiff to a bank, due in 4, for more cash.

IBT – Astronomy comes in. Get a great writer. Rammy still wants open borders. No, no, and no.

Turn 168 – 1080 AD – Renew our friendship with Shaka.
Purchase the factory in Edinburgh. That cuts off another turn on Uffizi. Try staffing the factory to make a further dent, but it doesn’t help. Put those folks back to work in the fields. Navigation is next, due in 4.

IBT – Renew a sugar for 7 gpt deal with Bismarck. Karakorum (Zulu owned), falls to Sweden.

Turn 169 – 1090 AD - :sleep:

IBT – Gus wants to be friends. Since he looks to be one of the 800 lb. gorillas, I figure it is a good idea to be his friend.

Turn 170 – 1100 AD – I renewed a lux for lux deal with Shaka because he didn’t have much money. I sell sugar to England for 75 & 5.

IBT – Rammy and Shaka don’t like the idea that we’re friends with Gus. Shaka adopts autocracy.

Turn 171 – 1110 AD – Cardiff: bank => observatory

Turn 172 – 1120 AD – Navigation completes, archeology next.

Dublin: school => bank

Give Ragusa 250G to continue to be our ally.

IBT - [party] :dance:

IBT (con’t) – Siam adopts order.
Turn 173 – 1130 AD – We get the theming bonus if we have art from the same civ and the same era. We presently have two artists. I think we need to save them for a third. In four turns we will be in the industrial era.

Korea has an archaeologist trying to get through our lands. We have four more turns left on the open borders. I’ll use the artists as a block for now.

were already in industrial era

I just found that out. :smoke:

Turn 173 (con’t) – Douglas: school => Hermitage
Edinburgh: Uffizi => bank

:smoke: With the next SP we get an artist. Unfortunately I just used their movement up.

Change Douglas to a market and Edinburgh to Hermitage
Turn 174 – 1140 AD – Now there are two Korean archaeologists. :mad: Use the artists to fill Uffizi and our tourism goes up to 15 per turn.

Dublin: bank => observatory

They won't get to do anything if our borders close down in 4 turns, tee hee

You lot are of course free to assess which civs you want open borders with anyway, it's just a personal thing, I ALWAYS go north korea on the AIs :)

also, I can't believe we finished Uffizi, those wars I pit everyone in seem to have paid off :)

Turn 175 – 1150 AD – Renew our friendship with Lizzy.

Nantes: School => bank

Turn 176 – 1160 AD – Douglas: market => factory

IBT – Archaeology comes in. We get a great scientist.

Turn 177 – 1170 AD – I select biology next so we can know about oil and because it is on the way to radio and La Tour Eiffel. The great scientist will get us biology next turn. Now that I know where the archeological sites are I start putting units on top of them.

Truro: school => factory
Cardiff: observatory => school

IBT – Korea declares on Shaka. We’ll need to monitor this situation. If Seoul looks like it will fall we need to get ready to poach it.

Turn 178 – 1180 AD – Korea gets an archaeologist to a site.
Biology is discovered. We have one source of oil. Select electricity next.
Edinburgh: hermitage => school
Dublin: observatory => factory

Science is now over 500 beakers per turn.

Turn 179 – 1190 AD – Inexplicably, Korea’s archaeologist abandons a site. I stick someone on top of it. We use our next SP to complete aesthetics.

Nantes: bank => observatory

Turn 180 – Electricity completes. Radio next, due in 6.

Passdown: we have seven archaeological sites either within our borders or with a unit sitting on top of it. We can start training archaeologists whenever we want. I have been focusing on buildings. We also may want to get some artillery so we can take Seoul.

Here are the eastern hinterlands with three sites, all protected. Note the frustrated archaeologist running around with a shovel.

Attachments

• Boudicca_0180 AD-1200.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
T180:
Sell our iron and horses
10 iron for 14gpt to Sejong
10 iron for 14gpt to Shaka
5 horses for 225g to Sweden
and the rest to different people.

Some micromanagement. Better growth mostly.
I thought we had the ideology already but apparently not we'll get radio and the factories at the same time.

T181:
Make a RA with England
Might as well use the aesthetics finisher and get open borders with everyone and then I remember Korea already has archaeology and I'm an idiot. Time to put more units on top of the artifacts.

T182:
Get Radio with a finished RA. I use the diplomat to influence order Sejong.
Considering we don't need hotel right now, I pick fertilizer first.

T183:
Get Freedom ideology pick the food and the faster GPP.
Siam denounces us.

T184:
Edinburgh School => Broadway
Cardiff School => Archaeo
Germany denounces us. Jerks.
Sweden denounces Siam.

T185:
Nantes Observatory => Archaeo

T186
Dublin Factory => Eiffel Tower
We have to vote for embargo korea and embargo wine. I vote heavily against embargo korea as it would not allow us to get the TR bonus for tourism.
Douglas Factory => Caravan

We get Fertilizer allowing me to focus more on production.
RA with Sweden

I make a DoF with Korea as he is our neighbour and beating zulus anyway.

T187
I grab a hydro plant in the capital.
We can make a proposal on the WC. I think we are not ready for the international games considering where we are in the tech tree.
I doubt we can pass world religion we two civs that love city states which would vote against it.

I select Arts funding and this will make a few people happy.

T188-T192
I continue to produce archaeologists and start digging a few of those that don't have military units on them.

Korea picks Freedom so I move the diplomat to Germany instead since he became culture leader.

Wtf moment. Both Germany and Siam declare war on us.
Alright... Germany is a non issue as far as the war is concerned. Siam comes with a ton of crappy elephant.

Rush walls in cardiff. Switch production to walls and units.
Should be defendable since these are really crappy units but damn we were already late with archaeologists... this won't help.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Boudicca_0195 AD-1350.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Oh this might be ugly, Mombasa are German allies so Cardiff will be under fire, welp

ST , you are up. This "boring game" suddenly became much more interesting. Mombasa seems to be the bigger threat, although that is a lot of elephants. More ranged units needed.

Well if they all aim at the city, the walls will tank it easily. I'm assuming they agreed to attack us together so making piece won't really be an immediate option

Top Bottom