CCMAT II - The Quickening

Nice work juggling these mods. One thing, though..you might want to eliminate Spain and the Inca as City States in your added mods since they are now DLC.

You should have the "Barbarians !" mod for its enhanced and stronger barbarians

Because 33 % bonus against barbarians is too strong and unfair for them...

After, this mod permit to barbarians to have up to date units facing regular and city-states units and cities...

Stronger Barbarian really attacks cities and reduce them to 0 Hit Point !
The city is not razed but treasury is pillaged by barbarians...

Lot of fun this mod, isn't it ?

:goodjob:

Nice work juggling these mods. One thing, though..you might want to eliminate Spain and the Inca as City States in your added mods since they are now DLC.

The mod does that automatically

You should have the "Barbarians !" mod for its enhanced and stronger barbarians

Because 33 % bonus against barbarians is too strong and unfair for them...

After, this mod permit to barbarians to have up to date units facing regular and city-states units and cities...

Stronger Barbarian really attacks cities and reduce them to 0 Hit Point !
The city is not razed but treasury is pillaged by barbarians...

Lot of fun this mod, isn't it ?

:goodjob:

So far I have avoided any nonbalancing ai mods. I will look into it, though

So I played a Loooooooong game with this yesterday, and there are a few things I noticed.

I changed all 6 instances of "false" to "true" in that file, but did not see any "random" events, nor forest regrowth, though sometimes "refugees" from far away wars would settle into my capitol!

Another issue seems to be that I cannot create puppet states out of conquered cities anymore. When I FOUND cities, it offers me the chance to make them a puppet, but conquered cities automatically join my empire, which can be rough when trying to teach an aggressor a lesson.

Also, diplomacy seems kinda funny. Rulers get pissed if you deny them something they request, but you don't get any positive effects listed for giving them free luxury resources for 45 turns! Also it stinks being called a "warmonger" for defending yourself. I was buddies with all the great superpowers, dinky Rome decided to attack so I wiped him off the planet. Next thing I notice everybody is denouncing me for being a warmonger, even though 2 of them joined me in the fight!

Rulers getting pissed off seems to be an problem in all levels of CiV, certainly not just with this mod. My guess is that it is hard coded and we'd need the hard coded game files to be able to change it. Random events seem to work for me, but keep in mind they have a 5% chance by default of occurring on any given turn (unless I am mistaken), so it's possible you just have been "unlucky" so far.

I, too, would greatly like to see the Barbarians! mod included here. It makes them much more difficult to deal with, and not just in numbers. An individual barb unit can easily take out your scout, so you must be much more careful in your explorations and such. If there was only one further mod you add to this compilation this would be it. Please look into including it.

It seems I can't install the mod, no matter when or where from I download the modpack file. The in-game installation interrupts at some 800/1003 files without any sign nor consequence and the mod isn't present on the list afterwards. Anyone else with a similar problem? My game version is 1.0.1.167, as recommended.

Besides, If I manage to install and run it, this mod will be on the top of my personal list as it composed of my favourite smaller mods and tweaks.

To answer several questions:

The random events, tree growth and emigration mods are now turned on and off by a checkbox under advanced setup. I will eventually move most options there because it tends to be MUCH more intuitive for the user.

I cannot do anything about human gifts not getting positive reaction but refusing demands actually does very little to anger the ai in this mod. It will still list it as a negative, but it ranks lowly.

I will see about adding barbarians as an optional mod component next version for you guys.

As for install issues, I will look into the problem when I get home to see if I fan better assist you. iPhones tend to inhibit prope debugging. At the very least I wil get the latest version on here for manual installs.

I wil do everything I can to keep you guys happy with this mod so I really appreciate this feedback. It helps me make a better product and keeps me motivated.

Yep, WWGD AI mod is one of the included packages. Be warned though that the new patch is coming out by Sunday, and will likely break most mods for a few days till we re-code to get everything up to snuff.

My operating system opens up with the internet connection switched off by default and therefore steam goes into offline mode and doesn't download the patches... I think this could be the way of waiting until the new version of mods are up while still enjoying the great work of modders and their creations!

Patch equivalent for Mac version could come only 1/2 weeks after PC version...

If i add Barbarians! Mod now by activating it separately from v2 of CCMAT II Quickening, should be good, not ?

Barbarians should be fine, as long as you activate it after you activate CCMAT.

Any idea why the "Puppet Empire" mod isn't working for me? (Yes i have changed the false to true in the CCMATconfig.lua)
It might be that none of the CCMAT mods are working, but thats the one I actualy noticed :) Tried just about anything I could think of, but nothing seems to be working. Any help greatly appriciated.

i thought id try your mod as it looked really cool. i downloaded and installed it through the game but it is not there when i go to play. the other mods i have downloaded and installed are listed there for me to check for the ones i want to play but not yours. any idea of why that would be? id really like to give it a try.

I'll look into solutions after the next patch hits. Given that any updates now would work for exactly 2 days, I figure I will wait it out.

Top Bottom