Civ 5 Design Challenge V - Theme/Focus

I will merely dispose of this here:

Guatemala

Manuel Estrada Cabrera

UA: Banana Republic: Plantation Resources are doubled in quantity when improved. Trade Agreements with other Civilizations that involve Luxuries function as Defensive Pacts for their duration.

UU: Mozo: Replaces the Worker. May be upgraded to an Infantry Unit at the cost of Gold which scales for every Era.

UB: Minervan Temple: Replaces the Garden. In addition to Great Person generation whenever a Unit or Building is purchased in this City it begins a We Love the King Day. Does not require a River.

Trade Agreements with other Civilizations function as Defensive Pacts for their duration.
Could you elaborate? If it's just basic trade agreements you'd end up having defensive pacts with almost everyone in the game.

Could you elaborate? If it's just basic trade agreements you'd end up having defensive pacts with almost everyone in the game.

Agreements that involve Luxury Resources most likely. It's largely conceptual which I assume what most of these challenges are about.

Anyways if we're voting now, I vote for Natan's Kilwa.

Trolly lolly's Japan.

I'm going for Senshi's Makassans! Question on that though, would improving a resource with the UU in CS territory gain influence with them. If so, it'd be quite a cheesy strategy to steal away other civ's allies. And since I'm from the Netherlands, I like cheese :lol:
I also like how you can choose to sacrifice strategic resources in your territory for a luxury resource! It allows you to choose between happiness or advanced units/buildings!
(Though I guess sacrificing 6 iron should have better bonuses than sacrificing 2 iron, though I don't know how you could possibly implement that :p)

Natan's design came a close second though, mainly because of its UA and UU!

Senshi's Makassans for me, I like a lot of the uniques very much.

Voting for Mobfire. Awesome synergy.

Sounds like we've got a winner

Oh noes I completely forgot about this... uh...

Make a civ based around being hostile towards city states

Tried to keep this purposefully broad, so you could do a Mongolia style conquest civ or a tribute civ or something.

Well, I can't call this Brave New World.

Western Europe
Leader: Mustapha Mord

UA: The World State: You produce science 50% slower, however, you gain population 100% faster and produce Clones in one less turn for every City State you have conquered.

UU: Clone: Unlike the worker it replaces, the Clone is one of three different types: Gamma, Delta and Epsilon, each with differing attributes*. Whenever you produce a Clone you gain population.

UI: Savage Reserve: Able to be built only in City State territory on any terrain but mountains, the Savage Reserve is unlocked at Trapping and decreases the population of the City State.

Spoiler :
  • Gamma - +1 movement and works faster
  • Delta - same as normal worker
  • Epsilon - -1 movement and works slower

Majapahit
Gajah Mada
:c5capital: Trowulan

UA - Sumpah Palapa
Conquered CS have 60% chance (100% for Naval and Mercantile) of getting luxury resource*. Mercantile CS retain original luxury resources. Every 7 copy of luxury resource provide +1 Trade Slot. Double tribute from overseas CS

UU - Bhayangkara (Longswordman)
+15% Combat Bonus overseas from capitl (retained upon upgrade) Build -30% faster in overseas, and +20% faster in capital

UU - Cetbang Warship (Caravel)
Perform ranged attack before melee, like Impi. +10% combat strength in coast (retained upon upgrade). Avabile on Gunpowder

Spoiler :
*Spices, Nutmeg, Clover, Pepper, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Ginger
Spoiler :
Until Gurun, Seram, Tanjung Pura, Haru, Pahang, Dompo, Bali, Sunda, Palembang, Tumasik, are all defeated, I will not break my fast

Sorry, can't resist

Welp...

Mongolia (Genghis Khan)
UA: Storm from the Steppe
Mounted units gain a bonus vs. Cities (instead of a penalty), and you receive one of them per each :c5capital: capital you own when entering a :c5war: war (may happen once per civilization). For 3 turns after conquering a city, defeated units will join your army for free.

UU: Khan
The khan, unlike the great general which it replaces, has a chance of granting enemy cities within his range damage based on the damage they took last turn. The khan also has 4 :c5moves: movement points, and if they all remain unused at the end of a turn, damaged enemy cities within his range may convert to your side (chance doubled for :c5citystate: city states).

UU: Keshik
Replaces Knight. Unlike it, the Keshik is a ranged unit (20 :c5rangedstrength:, 16 :c5strength:). While being slightly more expansive, it gains 10% extra :c5strength: strength near :c5greatperson: Khans. Starts with the Great Generals I and II promotions.

:c5occupied: The Hittite Empire :c5occupied:
:c5capital: Hattusa
Mursili

UA: The Iron Sceptre
Demanding tribute from :c5citystate: city-states also yields a large amount of whatever the city-state specializes in. Scales with era. Courthouses built in half the usual time, and upon annexing a city that was once a :c5capital: capital (including city-states), receive a palace* in that city.

UU: Mesedi
Replaces spearman. +3 :c5culture: culture if garrisoned in a city with a palace. +25% :c5strength: combat strength when near a city with a palace, friendly or hostile, including city-states.

UU: Simti
Replaces chariot archer. Three times as effective at bullying :c5citystate: city-states. Does not require a source of horses; may :c5rangedstrength: shoot twice if shooting from a hill to a flat tile, 3 times with logistics promotion.

*Probably through dummy building, same for the spear replacement

Top Bottom