Civ4 in Singapore

ThERat

Deity
This has been brought up in the thread that was closed, but I was wondering the same thing. Living in Singapore, where do you guys get Civ4 from? I have not seen any announcement and can't find any online preorder here.
I am not sure but hope the game will be out next week here so I could buy it at SimLim. snoopy, do you have any idea? or anyone else living here.

Most Firaxis games I've bought so far I've bought about a week or two after release from Jurong Point. Problem here is the publisher is no longer Atari so I don't really know. I hope I won't have to wait too long :(.

Where is Jurong Point? The only thing I know in Jurong is the IMM mall at Jurong East, but I suppose that's something else?

Just thinking about it, if there are people interested around here, would you like to gather some time for a couple of hours of multiplayer?

Thrar said:
Where is Jurong Point?
Boon Lay MRT Station. Nothing special about the place. I only buy there because I live in the area.

Can the first person in Singapore to find original Civ4 in the stores post the location here?

I hope it comes on the dot on October 24/25 at Sim Lim, but I don't keep my hopes up if they have it on the day of release.

New Era destribute mainly Atari, Sierra, and budget titles, EA locally destributes here, but I don't know about Take-Two (which is why I am not hoping too much)

I'm facing a similar problem here in Korea - though with the added difficulty of the game probably being in Korean. So I've pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk to my friends desk in London and pleased to announce that the internal company mail will finally be bringing me something of use very soon!

I believe Singapore release won't be on 25th, but it shouldn't be too late either.

I will check with Sim Lim software shops next week and let everyone here know what's up.

This threas can also serve as an indication, how many Civfanatics Singapore has. ;)

Well, according to Tec-Drome, it's ETA is listed as Early November, I usually use them as a guage.

A poster at Hardware Zone's Game Axis puts the date at 11 Nov of an unnamed game shop, so I dunno....
Shall wait and see...

I think it's quite unlikely Civ4 will arrive that late (25/11). IIRC Serious Sam II (also published by 2K) was released October 11 and is already in Singapore.

I also have this feeling (more optimism that anything) that Civ4 will be here next week :)

Yeah, I got the feeling it'll arrive next week or the week after latest
*Crosses fingers*

Ybother said:
Hi, i m in sg too. so +1 sg player.
Welcome to CivFanatics, Ybother. :dance:

You can check out this thread which lists sites where you can get the game on-line. Gameshop.com.sg is added with a release date of 4 Nov and a price of S$ 59.90. You can also check international sites to ship to Singapore.

so, is anyone going to get it today?
Please do post here if/where you find it, and how much it costs!

Afraid I can't resist to try. Will check out Sim Lim on my way home and ask them what day we can get hold of it. I doubt it's today, but it would be great if we can have it before next weeks 2 public holidays.

Isn't there anyone close to Sim Lim who could check out things over lunch?

Top Bottom