Civ4 in Singapore

relax lah, it's $59.90 at the gameshop post, guess at Sim Lim you will get it for $54.90.
Of course, i wouldn't mind to pay a few bucks extra, if they would give it to me today.

Ok I just got back, on lvl 5, they all said "next week", I asked how much it will sell for, they say "they haven't given us the price yet".

Oh, anyone notice that the biggest game shop in simlim has been cut in half? :lol:

Gameshop rates are slightly higher, but you pay a wee bit more they deliver to your specified location. BTW, preordered my copy from Gameshop, can't wait to get my hands on Civ4. droolz

Seems like there are plenty of sg civfanatics, care for a mp game sometime? :p

Cool! :cool:
So whoever from Singapore bought it from a gameshop please post here & let us (me ;) ) know, thanks in advance!!

That 5 nov ship date look very likely...
I really want it to come out by this weekend , lots of free time next week!:D

As for Thrar's question

N American games here usually go for $49.90~$60
Chinese games $29.90~$49.90

though certain "Branded" Developers/Publisher think they have the right to sell their games at higher price ..:mad:

The listed price is pretty standard all over singapore, though some sneaky shops undercut their rivals with a perpetual "special offer" 10% discount ..:D
so you end up paying $4 or $5 less

Snoopy said:
Oh, anyone notice that the biggest game shop in simlim has been cut in half? :lol:

First time I'd ever been to the mall, finally spotted what looked like the shop to go for from the other side, went all the way around - ah. Breeze blocks. Fortunately there were some shop guys among the workmen and they were the ones who confidently told me that Civ IV would be there at the end of the month.

I guess that was the same guy that told me that yesterday. He was the only one to know anything about the game and he was confident, but I know promises here sometimes are made so as to make sure you come back to their store. anyway i took their namecard so I can call them on the weekend and check out the status. not going there every day.

Ah, got a reply from the boss of Tecdrome, pretty nice guy, he says "It should come in on 3rd Nov 05", sounds like it'd be after the 2 holidays, better find other plans for the Monday and Wednesday. :p

oh forgot to post: Pyro, if you can get a 2nd preorder copy for me, please do buy it and I will gladly give you the $86 on monday 31st once you are back in Singapore.
Once you have it confirmed, I pm you my details like hp number, where to meet etc.
Thanks a lot

Will try.
Right now, I am in office and can't do anything about it (I can't make online or phone reservations as I not U.S. resident).

I'll see whether I can persaude the local EBGames outlet to let me have another copy of the pre-order edition.

Will let you know in about 10 hours time from this post.

Sorry.

I tried, but the guy at the counter wouldn't sell me another copy. Unless someone could tell me whether anywhere else in Longmont, Colorado carries a copy of the Pre-Order edition.

Thing is, I don't drive.

So the only way I get around is through transport arrangements and public bus service.

If I did, I would have already tried to go down to Denver. The public bus doesn't run much later after office hours.

Right now, I am stuck in Longmont.

I called tec-drome and they confirmed shipment next week friday.

Apparently the distributor decided to stick with the original shipping date. That happens when u have stickler businessmen instead of gamers in charge of distributing.

It is going to lead to higher cases of piracy logically.

Anyway, two courses are wait it out, or get it from amazon, although shipping+exchange rate could lead to both a hassle and a expense.

thanks Pyroblade for trying to get the game for me. Nevermind that you couldn't get it, no need to try and go to Denver, though it's nice that you even tried to go elsewhere. Though I am tempted to ask you to get the regular versions for me. Is it really S$86? For S$75 I would ask you to buy the regular version for me. That way I could at least get to play both public holidays next week...

One more thing, it's nice to see so many fanatics from Singapore. Maybe once we know the game machanics better, we could organise a LAN party.

ThERat said:
One more thing, it's nice to see so many fantatics from Singapore. Maybe once we know the game machanics better, we could organise a LAN party.

That would be cool, though i'd probably get whipped by you guys. It'll be a humbling experience though. :goodjob:

That would be cool, though i'd probably get whipped by you guys
are you sure? we all did not play a single second, the game might be very different from civ3.
first of all, you have to get the game working on your computer and check the cd's whether they are ok. We might get some buggy stuff here as well. Maybe the tech tree in Korean or so :lol:

Anybody know anything about Thailand? I may head up to Zeer Rangsit in the next day or so and have a look for it.

I suppose it won't be out here until after the 5th though (maybe later which would be BAD).

KayEss said:
Anybody know anything about Thailand? I may head up to Zeer Rangsit in the next day or so and have a look for it.

I suppose it won't be out here until after the 5th though (maybe later which would be BAD).

Generally Thailand releases later than Singapore, not taking into account the "publisher-unfriendly" versions.

I tried to pre-order the Civ 4 special edition from Amazon, but its only available to U.S. customers. :cry:

@ThERat - well my comp is pretty new and plays pirates, bf2, warhammer40K DoW alright, so am keeping my fingers crossed that Civ 4 will install and run like a dream when i get me grubby hands on it. :mischief:

winbros said:
Generally Thailand releases later than Singapore, not taking into account the "publisher-unfriendly" versions.

I never bother with those. The games are so cheap here that it just isn't worth it. Some of the copies are more expensive than the originals, especially on DVDs!

Top Bottom