Clown Car II: Revenge of the Clowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
"I believe that we have to be honest with the American people, but I think sometimes we can disagree with the facts."

White House press secretary Sean Spicer

I anticipate Spicer getting fired.

"You can't keep saying stupid unbelievable nonsense. That's my job." Donald J Trump

So, this is the replacement for the Clown-car and non-RD Clinton vs Trump threads?

Limerick incoming:

Trump's as slipp'ry as ice rendered icier.
His truthfulness couldn't be dicier.
But you'll have to admit
That although they're bull----,
Alternative facts are just Spicier.

Sounds like he's speaking from the gut, instead of the brain. That's real America. Did you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than your brain?
Do you really believe this or are you just contributing to the hilarity of just another joke thread?

The good news: Trump has lost a great deal of weight and so his suits finally fit.
The bad news: We've gone from a shining city on a hill to a forlorn crag ripped by frigid winds.

And he's at great effort pulling a small number of people out of the factory-graveyard that is his jaundiced vision of America.

Do you really believe this or are you just contributing to the hilarity of just another joke thread?

Look it up! You might do so. And you might say "that's not true." Well, that's probably because you looked it up in a book. Next time, look it up in your gut. That's where I looked it up. My gut says it has the most nerve endings.

Look it up! You might do so. And you might say "that's not true." Well, that's probably because you looked it up in a book. Next time, look it up in your gut. That's where I looked it up. My gut says it has the most nerve endings.

The gut has more nerve endings because the brain is full of nerve beginnings.

I anticipate Spicer getting fired.
I read someone theorise (don't remmeber who, might've been here on cfc), that Trump kinda is planning to get a bunch of people, have them say ridiculous things on his behalf, and then throw them under the bus basically

It's a hard call. Trump has both streaks: fiercely loyal to people he deems to be sufficiently supportive of him/more than willing to cast off anyone he comes to regard as a liability (Manafort, Lewendowski).

But in the role of press secretary specifically, he'll need an ongoing willingness to say ridiculous things on his behalf, whether that's Spicer or a Spicer-successor.

It's a hard call. Trump has both streaks: fiercely loyal to people he deems to be sufficiently supportive of him/more than willing to cast off anyone he comes to regard as a liability (Manafort, Lewendowski).

But in the role of press secretary specifically, he'll need an ongoing willingness to say ridiculous things on his behalf, whether that's Spicer or a Spicer-successor.

I hope he keeps Spicer - look at what came out of that man's twitter

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ear-twitter-war-dippin-dots-article-1.2953270

It takes a special kind of moron to engage in a five year twitter feud with an ice cream brand - the perfect person to act as press secretary and take the heat off of Trump.

New on the clown front, Dingbat Don signed two executive orders "to revive the Keystone XL pipeline." They basically instruct various agencies related to the pipeline approval process to follow the law (duh). There doesn't seem to be anything in either one of them constituting an "order" of any kind, and certainly nothing that amounts to much of anything, but between the big fanfare signing ceremony and the release of the actual text shares of TransCanada rose 3.5%.

It would be really interesting to know who bought TransCanada this morning and sold it this afternoon.

Wasn't there something he wanted to pass that would require America to leave UN or something?

Ahh, got it, you got a lot a guts!!!

So, the right was the first to turn alt-.
Now a fact's not distinct from a fault.
How I dream (as I live)
Of an alternative
Universe where all Trump would just h-alt-!

"Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to 'leak' into the public...Are we living in Nazi Germany?"
-- Trump tweet

"They sort of made it sound like I had a feud with the intelligence community."
-- Trump on the media, speaking at CIA in front of Memorial Wall

"People [who were listening to Trump] spend their lives trying to figure out what's true, so it's hard to make the case that the media created a feud with Trump. It just ain't so."
-- CIA veteran John McLaughlin

"He used the scene as a prop for another complaint about the media and another bit of braggadocio...That Trump made no mention of those whom that wall memorializes, made his performance doubly offensive."
-- Paul Pillar, former National Intelligence Officer in charge of the Middle East and South Asia

"What self-centered, irrational decision process got him to this travesty?"
-- CIA veteran John MacGaffin

"Had a great meeting at CIA Headquarters yesterday, packed house, paid great respect to Wall, long standing ovations, amazing people. WIN!"
-- Trump tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom