College Football In Season Thread

I loled deeply when Michigan State gave up that safety.

What conference's refs are these? I suppose it doesn't matter because I can't think of any particular crew known for making good calls a majority of the time.

This is not a very enjoyable game.

BianchiWrites Mike Bianchi
Andre DeBose scores on 99-yard TD for #Gators. Haven't seen a Gator run so fast since Meyer players were evading police
8 minutes ago

Has a bowl game ever ended 2-0?

No. Pretty unlikely nowadays as well, in an era of much better kickers.

A 5-3 game or a 5-0 game would be pretty cool too!

I would hate to be trying to condense highlights from todays Rose Bowl into a 30 second slot.

I would hate to be trying to condense highlights from todays Rose Bowl into a 30 second slot.

Nevermind, seems as if it'll be easy: one big play by each team and then a spike with 0:00 left on the clock.

No. Pretty unlikely nowadays as well, in an era of much better kickers.

A 5-3 game or a 5-0 game would be pretty cool too!
Oh, so now you want a game of field goals . . .
Congrats to whoever drafts Alshon Jeffery. He might be a better pick than A.J. Green or Julio Jones.
Agree . . .

stanford deciding to stop trying for a td with 50 seconds left was eerily reminiscent of how oregon handled the oregon-usc game

That was a great finish, really multiple exciting games today. I do have a feeling that'll be the last great game we'll have, with other lackluster BCS teams and the NC Game probably won't be as interesting to watch - but it was still fun all in all.

Fun facts from twitter during the Rose bowl. I don't know if these were mentioned during the broadcast but:

Total yards gained in the Rose with 3:26 left in the 1st half were greater than the entirety of the first Alabama/LSU game -- 535 to 534.

Oregon was the 2nd team in history with 3 TD plays of greater than 50 yards in one Rose bowl game. The first was 1935 Alabama . . .

It was really interesting to see the difference between Oregon's bowl performance last year and this year. Last year they had Auburn, a team basically all offense, and held them to 22 points, but could only score 19. I thought maybe we might see something like that again this year, but five minutes into the game that idea went out the window.

Urban Meyer has banned his players from Twitter. He just became my favorite coach.

Knowing Nicky, LSU is probably his favorite team.

Top Bottom