Completely Dumb Ideas

Shia

·Founded by any Islamic civilization discovering Politics.

·Historical Region: Persia, Iraq, Levant, Yemen

·Religious Victory:
Imam: Have 30 Shia religious building in the world and control the shrine of Sunni and Shia.
Order: Generate a total of 12 Great General and Great Prophets.
Occultation: Ensure no Sunni civilization and more Shia cities than Sunni cities in the world.

You don't need a castle to get to level 2 bombards. Theocracy, Conquest, or a settled Great General can all bump you up to level 2.

For the cost of building a walls/castle, you could train another bombard and still have :hammers: left over. I'd rather sink those :hammers: into another bombard, especially since I never train more than a handful of siege units anyways.

I also Value stability with civics, so switching to Theocracy and Conquest is highly dangerous in certain circumstances.

Anybody else notice how totally-not-most-dangeous-place Australia currently is? Cursssssst. I propose at the very least that spawning barbarian Emus be implemented.

I have 2 completely dumb ideas!

1. Find alternative city names for Perth, Australia, and Edmonton, Canada, so that we can add Perth, Canada, and Edmonton, Australia
2. Post "Find alternative city names for Perth, Australia, and Edmonton, Canada, so that we can add Perth, Canada, and Edmonton, Australia" in the actual map thread :eek:

Given how Espionage has been a bit thematically expanded in DoC to cover internal governing (through Constabularies and Statesmen), I feel like it would be kind of appropriate for it to have some effects that are internal as well. But it's a bit harder to figure out how to cover that interestingly, especially since that aspect of government is in the game mostly abstracted away under maintenance and stability mechanics, or under Great Statesmen's ability to change civics.
This is a great idea. Here's an option. A way to combat instability. Raze a city and get instability points? Send in spies to infiltrate rebels on the shrinking city and the ruins to lower the points.

Completely dumb idea inception: ask ai for ideas for posts.

1705471884041.png

1705471910301.png

This is weird and off-topic, so I'm putting it in this thread, but I had this very strange dream where Leoreth kept referencing his brother - "my brother had this idea", "my brother was playtesting", "my brother coded this mechanic". DoC appear in anyone else's dreams? I have to stop playing my Orthodox Arabs save.

Inspired by Julian Jaynes controversial but fascinating bicameral mind theory, an "emergence of consciousness" event around 1000BC whenever a number of prerequisite techs have been discovered. Before this event, your cities can't expand their zone of control from culture beyond the standard 9 immediate tiles next to it. Newly conscious, your civ can intentionally spread their culture and control. It would also represent the generally smaller size of empires up to that point

With the release of 1.18, RFC DOC Earth can be declared complete, and Leoreth can begin development on RFC DOC Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Santa Claus civ :

Spawns in 1863, in North Pole.

UP : the Power of Ice
Ice tiles get +1 hammer and +1 food. All your units can move on ice tiles.

UU : Elf (replaces worker)
movement +1 on ice ; can be sacrificed in a city like a great engineer to finish a production or join a city.

UB : Santa's Workshop (replaces factory)
+75% prod (+100% if an elf has joined this city)

UHV1 : Have 4 Workshops in 1930
UHV2 : Control Alaska and Siberia in 1991
UHV3 : Be "friendly" with all opponents that do celebrate Christmas

Santa Claus civ :

Spawns in 1863, in North Pole.

UP : the Power of Ice
Ice tiles get +1 hammer and +1 food. All your units can move on ice tiles.

UU : Elf (replaces worker)
movement +1 on ice ; can be sacrificed in a city like a great engineer to finish a production or join a city.

UB : Santa's Workshop (replaces factory)
+75% prod (+100% if an elf has joined this city)

UHV1 : Have 4 Workshops in 1930
UHV2 : Control Alaska and Siberia in 1991
UHV3 : Be "friendly" with all opponents that do celebrate Christmas
UB should give the unique happiness resource Present to help with UHV 3.

Top Bottom