Conversations: Who's here, Who's not.

I'll try to write more to bouy your enlightenment.

:blush::lol:

Little info in the controversial threads anyways..this morning i decided to only take part in those with pure fun purpose (like movies), from now on.
Please drop by at the funnest of fun purposes! This thread and the forum it is in would welcome further input.

My memories of Civ3 are mostly gone by now ;)
Then acquire new ones!
Fippy said:
Very nice thread, but honestly i think they (Firaxis) only care about the masses who will buy anything with enuf marketing by now.
But this isn't about a game to sell to compete with Firaxis, now, is it?

I'm really depressed by current events. Getting through two years of a pandemic just to see this hideousness in Ukraine. I enter lurk-mode again but will return at some point. Until then, take care and treat eachother with 'human dignity' (to quote @The_J).

I remember you. I hope you are doing fine :)
Right now, I’m better than I have been.

Had my first heart attack last July and a lot of fun and games before that, including a near fatal car accident. But for now, I dare say I’m passing reasonable.

Had my first heart attack last July and a lot of fun and games before that, including a near fatal car accident. But for now, I dare say I’m passing reasonable.
Whoa that’s insane. I’m glad you’re alive. Stay around and argue politics, it will do wonders for your cardiovascular :D

Gosh, well i'm glad its still ticking!

If you can re-join us with your inimitable style, it would be most welcome.

Thanks chaps. I don’t really argue or discuss politics anymore. Food, some history and books, yes, but not politics. I left that behind 15 years ago or so.

These days I mostly write and dabble in games when not seeing to university; going back there at 40 has been bemusing.

I’d recommend against anything that does not deliver a tangible financial result at the end. Formal logic has no truck in an informal and illogical world.

I’d recommend against anything that does not deliver a tangible financial result at the end.
Why are we in a forum dedicated to playing videogames again? ;)

My comment was in the context of tertiary studies at this time/in these current economic climes. That entails perhaps a greater financial and time stake than computer games alone.

I’d go so far as to say I wouldn’t recommend any course of study that doesn’t have a viable pathway to return on investment, particularly in the circumstances of US higher education, unless someone is independently wealthy and can afford to burn the loss in time and money.

It is a darn shame on one level, as knowledge for its own sake and purity has its attraction, but most people only get one shot at the process, so it is worth making that shot the best aimed and calculated one possible.

Having said all that, it is quite nice to be remembered by some, and to see some vaguely familiar names about the place, even if most are from after my OT pomp of 2001-02.

I even remember your catch phrase at the time (iirc it was in your avatar, under location? instead of in the signature).
And I think that back then you used a different image of that same Lotr actor.

By the way, you joined on my birthday (just saw that) :)

I can’t remember much from back then that was significant, sadly. A different world, both literally and figuratively.

Top Bottom