Coronavirus 12: Don't Abandon Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
What idea?

You're confusing people opposed to vaccines (these vaccines anyway) with people opposed to a mandate. Plenty of people got vaccinated but dont want to compel everyone else to do the same. Jimmy Dore got messed up by the vaccine and he still recommends at risk people protect themselves.

Unfortunately the vaccines are so leaky their main value was largely limited to reducing covid damage in at risk groups. Doesn't look like Omicron cares about our vaccines, or big pharma profits. Had the vaccines been better at limiting spread more people in lower risk groups would get vaccinated. Its hard to convince people when vaccinated people are having super spreader events.

I presume researchers looking to make $$$ off it. I dont remember where I saw the item.

Not to long ago you were talking about natural immunity vs vaccine shot.

@Ziggy Stardust :lol: what a great video. Of course all those who adore Jimmy Dore will call it fake news and not actually watch it.

The Jimmy Dore style of lying is common among much of the antivaxx and pro Trump advocates.

Last edited:
Not to long ago you were talking about natural immunity vs vaccine shot.

So what was my idea and why didn't it pan out?

Jimmy Dore, making money from those sweet anti-vaxxer views.

I dont see anti-vaxxer merchandise in your link. Dore has been selling stuff on the side a long time, he even does live shows. The first 'lie' your link identified is almost 5 minutes in. JD discusses an article about a spike in Singapore, his point was the vaccines are leaky. That is not a lie.

JD has repeatedly said vaccines reduce the damage caused by covid, thats why he's vaccinated for god's sake. Your source is accusing him of downplaying the effectiveness of vaccines in preventing death, JD didn't do that, not even with his alleged lie. In reality he was right, covid was becoming endemic in spite of lockdowns.

Then at 10 minutes in he caught JD editing the Fortune article. I saw JDs response, he corrected the mistake and fired the guy who screwed up. Then at 11 minutes your source says JD is just asking questions, he has no anti-vax agenda. JD is anti-mandate and news stories about the vaccines leaking are relevant.

12 minutes in we get to Ivermectin. JD took issue with people mockingly calling it a horse dewormer and your source accuses him of lying for not telling people it doesn't work. He wasn't addressing whether or not it worked, he was responding to people calling it a horse dewormer.

JD says he didn't argue Ivermectin worked, so your source found JD citing Ivermectin use in Mexico and something from Joe Rogan where he endorsed it. Well, your source is jumping around with his clips. JD may have endorsed Ivermectin at one point but he's right, he didn't make that claim in the video cited by Health Feedback. If he's being accused of saying something in a video he didn't say, it aint a lie to point that out.

At 16:50 we're told JD made a mistake. Are we identifying lies or mistakes? JD thought widespread vaccinations would end the pandemic, then he decided that wont happen. At 17:20 your source shows the anti-vaxxer Jimmy Dore endorsing vaccines for everyone and arguing they will end the pandemic.

It appears JD flip flopped, why the change? Because the vaccines leak too much. People who thought the vaccines would end this awoke to that reality, most everyone did, I sure did. I held off getting shots because there was little urgency until Delta showed up and started infecting the vaccinated and covid survivors. In your 'Jimmy Dore is a lying anti-vaxxer' video the star witness showed JD promoting the vaccines. Thats right, Jimmy Dore is a pro vaxxer and always was.

Oh fun, John Campbell at 22m - JD says they're not doing the injections right. Remember, JD got messed up by his shot and he probably thinks this is why. So your guy here says Jimmy just made it up, 'based on no evidence'. No, JD's listening to John Campbell and searching for the reason he got unlucky.

So at 27m he challenges a mouse study upon which John Campbell supposedly argued IV vaccinations could be causing heart inflammation. Well, we have seen heart inflammation in some people. That causes vaccine hesitancy, John Campbell and JD are telling people how to avoid heart inflammation. That would reduce vaccine hesitancy, not create more. So your source finishes by admitting some people are bound to get IV injection side effects. No kidding...

JD reports on news stories about tinnitus at 32m and its dismissed as probably unrelated. Why is that JD's lie? Your source brings up Nicki Minaj to discredit JD, she wasn't reporting news stories. We're up to 38m and natural immunity... yada yada yada the Israeli study might be wrong, might be right. Why is that Jimmy Dore's lie? From your link the only case of a possible lie was when JD said he never claimed Ivermectin was effective, but he was talking about a specific video that had come under criticism. In that video he made no such claim. He wasn't being criticized for what he said on Joe Rogan.

@Ziggy Stardust :lol: what a great video. Of course all those who adore Jimmy Dore will call it fake news and not actually watch it.

The Jimmy Dore style of lying is common among much of the antivaxx and pro Trump advocates.
Luckily I didn't intend to persuade fanboys. That's impossible.

IIRC the Spanish flu circulated as the seasonal flu for 40 years. I could imagine Covid being similar.
It is still circulating. Last "Spanish flu" outbreak was in 2009. We call it H1N1 though.

Jimmy Dore, making money from those sweet anti-vaxxer views.

In a similar vein I came across another critique of Jimmy Dore along with a similarly supposed left-winger...

"The People Monetizing Vaccine Hesitancy
Glenn Greenwald and Jimmy Dore are not antivaxxers. They're worse."

You can read the full article here: https://abovethelaw.com/2021/12/the-people-monetizing-vaccine-hesitancy/

But it concludes with:
"Greenwald and Dore’s vaccine hesitancy grift – insisting they’re pro-vaccination while pandering to antivaxxers – is similar to how they have built huge followings among the far right by pretending to be leftists while pandering to right-wing extremism and regularly appearing on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News programs. Make no mistake: Vaccine hesitancy is a significant public health threat, and the increasingly fascistic American far right threatens democracy. But to people like Greenwald and Dore, they’re markets to be tapped."

Not that I can care about Dore or any other pundit/clown, but vaccine monetizing hardly (lol) is about hesitancy.

(for those not fortunate enough to readily identify the meaning) : If you are fine with the endless billions of vaccine money making the few patent-protected companies and their visible or not helpers insanely rich, it is a bit too much to bother with some pundit or other gaining a tiny fraction of a fraction of yet a fraction of that.

Last edited:
Yay, christmas vacation....Got called yesterday and now the kids (and de facto me too) are in quarantine for the rest of the vacation. Fun.

More New York Times Visualisation.

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/1475863229872148494

NYT map shows the difference in the number of average daily deaths per 100,000 residents before and after all adults became eligible for vaccines. https://nytimes.com/interactive/2021/12/28/us/covid-deaths.html

here are the counties where the death rate dropped

and in terms of age, the virus became deadlier for younger age groups, due to Delta, and younger groups not being vaccinated.

Those are interesting graphs, but there is a delay between when a vaccine is available, and when (if taken) it becomes effective.

Would be interesting to see the graphs with the dates being one month after vaccine availability.

As short info
no time for a lenghty post

It looks like that the Johnson vaccine is much longer effective than the m-RNA vaccines like Pfizers.
That the Johnson vaccine is better in the defense part that generates T cells who destroy infected cells.

IF so, combi vaccines get more interesting with m-RNA for fast generation of antibodies and Johnson-like vaccines for longer term
(we already discussed combis shortly before)
The issue in that earlier phase ofc that we could not test out all combis desperate to get at kleast something in place fast.

This longer effectivity would also be great for less developed areas in the world because Johnson needs only a normal fridge to stay good (and possibly a lowerr rate of repeat vaccins).

For the avoidance of doubt, this is nothing to do with Boris Johnson hiding in fridges.

Haha
To keep my mind free of pollution I have locked out Mr Johnson unless it is about (Westminster) politics

IF so, combi vaccines get more interesting with m-RNA for fast generation of antibodies and Johnson-like vaccines for longer term
Yep, vector+mRNA seems to be particularly effective.
Here people take vaccination tours (to Armenia or Montenegro IIRC) to get Moderna booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom