Coronavirus, now treatable with ForXthia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Machinae

Colour vision since 2018
Retired Moderator
Sure, you could take natural 'forsythia', but science shows that the bioavailability of the active ingredients are not very high.

You'd be better off taking the cross-linked version during this tenth coronavirus thread. ForXthia. On sale now at veterinarian wholesalers near you.

Here are/were the previous threads:

Coronavirus: the thread where it all started (Wuhan)
Coronavirus 2: the flattening
Coronavirus 3: the resurgence
Coronavirus 4
Coronavirus E
Coronavirus: awaiting for the next wave
COVID - A light on the horizon?
Coronavirus-Free-the-Jab
Coronavirus: The Great Unmasking
Coronavirus. The n(in)th sequel

edit: wow, very few forsythia clips out there!

Last edited:
There's video of Biden getting a booster recently, they didn't check to see if they hit a vein, just jab and plunge. I dont know the odds of hitting the blood stream with the injection but with billions of jabs I wouldn't be surprised if a few thousand had complications.
https://www.ems.gov/pdf/COVID-19_Vaccine_Administration_Training_for_EMTs.pdf

Aspiration before injection of vaccines or toxoids (i.e., pulling back on the syringe plunger after needle insertion but before injection) is not necessary because no large blood vessels are present at the recommended injection sites.
I suspect this may be the reason.

Damn, I didn't realize we were up to 10. Good work guys and gals. :)

Damn, I didn't realize we were up to 10. Good work guys and gals. :)
Actually it's *meaningful pause* up to eleven. This is the tenth reply sequel to the original thread.

@Gorbles

Because it's something you need to prove. Emphatically. Beyond the improvements we've seen from the vaccines themselves.

So go on. Prove it.

You called it misinformation, you get to prove it. I dont have to do anything. But I have been citing Israeli studies that show covid survivors do better than vaccinated people. Why doesn't that count, Mr Fauci? Um... hmm... 'I have no firm answer '. I think I know why he has no firm answer, because he's a liar and the truth conflicts with a vaccine mandate being pushed by his bosses.

Prove it!

Otherwise this is more fearmongering from someone who's already gotten the vaccine. What? Didn't seem to stop you, eh?

It did bother me but the number of cases was too small to stop me. Now what exactly do you want me to prove? A UK researcher said some of the vaccine side effects could be caused by injecting it into the blood stream, stuff like heart inflammation. Thats not fearmongering about the vaccine, its a concern about administering it. The vaccine was not causing the problem, the delivery was. I'd think thats a solvable problem and lessens fear.

@uppi

So every time a new variant emerges, you want to contract Covid again to boost your immune response? With an enhanced risk to yourself and others around you? Thanks, but no thanks.

If you got covid you dont need to keep catching variants and so far its the vaccinated with that greater risk. We'll see if the booster program in Israel has longer legs than the 2 shots but I'm a little skeptical.

@Gorbles

You called it misinformation, you get to prove it. I dont have to do anything. But I have been citing Israeli studies that show covid survivors do better than vaccinated people. Why doesn't that count, Mr Fauci? Um... hmm... 'I have no firm answer '. I think I know why he has no firm answer, because he's a liar and the truth conflicts with a vaccine mandate being pushed by his bosses.

It did bother me but the number of cases was too small to stop me. Now what exactly do you want me to prove? A UK researcher said some of the vaccine side effects could be caused by injecting it into the blood stream, stuff like heart inflammation. Thats not fearmongering about the vaccine, its a concern about administering it. The vaccine was not causing the problem, the delivery was. I'd think thats a solvable problem and lessens fear.

@uppi

If you got covid you dont need to keep catching variants and so far its the vaccinated with that greater risk. We'll see if the booster program in Israel has longer legs than the 2 shots but I'm a little skeptical.

What's your angle here?

If someone hasn't had covid yet, it's not relevant whether vaccines or infection result in better immunity, in either case, they're better off being vaccinated.

If someone has had covid, even if infection from immunity is better, there's no good reason not to get vaccinated, and very good reasons not to allow exemptions for this person, as it incentivizes anti-vaxxers who haven't been infected to prefer infection over vaccination.

I agree that the immunity from infection is indeed great. I think it is such a wonderful idea that we should have our scientists take this virus, reduce its strength but keep the immune system triggers, and then find some way to reintroduce it back into the body, like through a syringe. In fact, we could scale up the production of these weakened viruses and give them to the general population before they get sick so as to prevent a future, more serious infection.

Although, this is just a thought experiment.

Texas governor bars all COVID-19 vaccine mandates in state, rips Biden for 'bullying'

Oct 11 (Reuters) - Republican Texas Governor Greg Abbott, responding to what he called "bullying" by the Biden Administration, on Monday barred all COVID-19 vaccine mandates in the state by any entity, including private employers.

I pledge as Governor of Texas to vaccinate every eligible citizen and non-citizen!

AMADEUS FOR TX GOVERNOR — IT’S NOW OR NEVER — GOVERNOR FOR LIFE

Texas governor bars all COVID-19 vaccine mandates in state, rips Biden for 'bullying'

Oct 11 (Reuters) - Republican Texas Governor Greg Abbott, responding to what he called "bullying" by the Biden Administration, on Monday barred all COVID-19 vaccine mandates in the state by any entity, including private employers.

I pledge as Governor of Texas to vaccinate every eligible citizen and non-citizen!

AMADEUS FOR TX GOVERNOR — IT’S NOW OR NEVER — GOVERNOR FOR LIFE

In related news, Texas is soon about to overtake California for total raw deaths, despite about 10 million fewer people in the state.

New York Times COVID
California 70,160. 178/100,000
Texas 67,994. 234/100,000

Also, the Florida governor is railing against Australia as worse than Communist China.

Australia wasn't literally nailing people's doors shuts. Also, we didn't kill tens of thousands of our own citizens like Florida.

My own state only had 360 Covid cases in a day (Population 8.2 million). Meanwhile, Miami Dade County (population 2.7 million) is still having 500 a day, and the rest of Florida, 3400 cases. After a massive wave that burnt through their population like wildfire and jumped them up over a dozen places on the death count.

Reason. We locked down until we got a solid vaccination rate. We are now reopened, so we will see how +90% vaccination rate rates in a largely virgin population, re COVID. Since the US has had multiple waves of infection before it got access to vaccines.

The New York Times uses a +12 instead of +16. But it's still roughly comparable to the best US State, Vermont. And we are still growing vaccination rate wise, while Vermont and others aren't making that much progress with the holdouts.

Last edited:
In related news, Texas is soon about to overtake California for total raw deaths, despite about 10 million fewer people in the state.

New York Times COVID
California 70,160. 178/100,000
Texas 67,994. 234/100,000

Also, the Florida governor is railing against Australia as worse than Communist China.

Australia wasn't literally nailing people's doors shuts. Also, we didn't kill tens of thousands of our own citizens like Florida.

My own state only had 360 Covid cases in a day (Population 8.2 million). Meanwhile, Miami Dade County (population 2.7 million) is still having 500 a day, and the rest of Florida, 3400 cases. After a massive wave that burnt through their population like wildfire and jumped them up over a dozen places on the death count.

Reason. We locked down until we got a solid vaccination rate. We are now reopened, so we will see how +90% vaccination rate rates in a largely virgin population, re COVID. Since the US has had multiple waves of infection before it got access to vaccines.

The New York Times uses a +12 instead of +16. But it's still roughly comparable to the best US State, Vermont. And we are still growing vaccination rate wise, while Vermont and others aren't making that much progress with the holdouts.

How do you have so many in hospital with so few daily cases? Our daily peak caseload during the delta wave in Oklahoma was 2800 a day, while our peak in hospital was 1600. So daily cases=1.75x number in hospital.
But your number of daily cases=0.45x number in hospital.

You called it misinformation, you get to prove it. I dont have to do anything.
I called it misinformation because you're not providing any proof for your repeated and various claims.

And no, you don't have to do anything. But if you can't prove anything, people are going to continue to not take you seriously. Cause and effect.

How do you have so many in hospital with so few daily cases? Our daily peak caseload during the delta wave in Oklahoma was 2800 a day, while our peak in hospital was 1600. So daily cases=1.75x number in hospital.
But your number of daily cases=0.45x number in hospital.

That's the decline. We were having numbers in the high 1000s but they declined rapidly recently, even as the lockdown weakened, by strong vaccine growth numbers. I think Australia in the recent period had one of the fastest vaccine uptake. Our population was willing. Too bad our Federal politicans were horsehocky (the state ones were who did the lockdowns). We had a chance to get Pfizer when Israel did, and instead they dithered. We could have been the COVID test case, instead of Israel which has complicating issues like the super religious and Palestine not being similarly vaccinated.

We could have been the COVID test case, instead of Israel which has complicating issues like the super religious and Palestine not being similarly vaccinated.

There would have been the complicating issue of not having enough virus in the wild for a good test case. It would not have made sense to vaccinate a mostly unaffected population first.

Aspiration before injection of vaccines or toxoids (i.e., pulling back on the syringe plunger after needle insertion but before injection) is not necessary because no large blood vessels are present at the recommended injection sites.
I suspect this may be the reason.

Intravenous injections would explain some of the varied and seemingly random side effects...and they do happen. Vaccine hesitancy was generated by early reports of problems, this guy says that could have been avoided. I know someone who decided against the vaccine because of the platelet problem and a friend who was hurt by the vaccine/injection.

on natural immunity being better

I agree that the immunity from infection is indeed great. I think it is such a wonderful idea that we should have our scientists take this virus, reduce its strength but keep the immune system triggers, and then find some way to reintroduce it back into the body, like through a syringe. In fact, we could scale up the production of these weakened viruses and give them to the general population before they get sick so as to prevent a future, more serious infection.

Although, this is just a thought experiment.

If you agree why require people with great immunity to take a vaccine they dont need?

'I dont have a firm answer' - Anthony Fauci

If someone has had covid, even if infection from immunity is better, there's no good reason not to get vaccinated, and very good reasons not to allow exemptions for this person, as it incentivizes anti-vaxxers who haven't been infected to prefer infection over vaccination.

How do you know anti-vaxxers didn't get covid already? Maybe thats why they dont want the vaccine. Coercing people into medically unnecessary procedures that can hurt them doesn't strike me as ethical - something about first do no harm. Taking a risk you have no good reason to take is a good reason to decline taking the risk.

I called it misinformation because you're not providing any proof for your repeated and various claims.

And no, you don't have to do anything. But if you can't prove anything, people are going to continue to not take you seriously. Cause and effect.

But I have provided evidence and you called it misinformation. Why is it misinformation? You're lecturing me about proving my arguments while you wont back up your own.

Last edited:
(...)
How do you know anti-vaxxers didn't get covid already? Maybe thats why they dont want the vaccine. Coercing people into medically unnecessary procedures that can hurt them doesn't strike me as ethical - something about first do no harm. Taking a risk you have no good reason to take is a good reason to decline taking the risk.

That is precisely why in most places the vaccination is not mandatory, it is only where average vaccination remains low (France, US), that such requirements are installed afaik.

Even then only for some professions like healthcare workers etc.

For most, proof of recently having recovered from Covid is as good as having recently been vaccinated - it gives you a "green" Covid Certificate.

What is a COVID certificate?
A COVID certificate allows you to travel safely and freely within the European Union. There are 3 different types of certificates that prove you are Covid-safe:

• A vaccination certificate proves that you have been fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus.
  • A test certificate proves that you have taken a negative Covid-19 test.
  • A recovery certificate shows that you have recovered from Covid-19 after a previous positive Covid-19 test.
https://covidsafe.be/en

I almost put this in the weird news thread: A beer company sues a school over their covid rules, or lack thereof:

Ongoing conflict between parents and schools over virus mitigation for children in the classroom has gone to court in Wisconsin, where two parents are suing their children's school districts over their Covid-19 infection.
The parents accused the districts of failing to protect their children from becoming infected.

Both lawsuits are funded by the Minocqua Brewing Company Super PAC, according to its Facebook page.

"The Minocqua Brewing Company Super PAC has just embarked on the boldest project we've ever taken on -- suing every school board in Wisconsin that doesn't follow CDC guidelines to protect the spread of Covid in schools," a post on the Facebook page said.
Minocqua Brewing Company owner Kirk Bangstad said Sunday that the super PAC raised more than $50,000 within the past two weeks "specifically by asking people to donate to these lawsuits."

"By bringing students back to class around unmasked staff, reinstituting extracurricular activities, and allowing potentially contagious visitors and volunteers into the schools without masks, FCSD and the BOARD threw students into a Covid-19 'snake pit' creating an affirmative duty to keep their students safe from Covid-19," Kildahl's complaint read.

The complaint states that on September 20 one of her child's classmates tested positive for Covid-19 and another classmate tested positive on September 24, 2021.
Kildahl's child is identified as SK in the suit. "SK's sick classmate did not wear a mask to school," read the complaint.

Jensen's lawsuit alleges that the school district and board are "knowing, needlessly, unreasonably and recklessly exposing the public" to the virus by continuing to hold classes "without adequate Covid-19 mitigation," according to the court documents.
Spoiler Beer range. They may have an agenda :

I honestly wish we had stopped by now ;)

Good Friday, 10 April 2020:

"The consequences of the corona outbreak will be felt for at least two years", says virologist Marion Koopmans
"at least"

Marion Koopmans is the most senior expert virologist we have in NL.
And yes, she made that statement for the public in the most respectable major newspaper of NL, and yes in 2020, not 2021
https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2020/04/1...virus-komt-in-ons-vaste-winterpakket-a3996547

She also said in that same interview:
“The most likely scenario is that this will be the fifth coronavirus in our standard winter package of respiratory viruses. It already contains four, along with other flu and cold viruses. Those other coronaviruses also came out of the animal world and started as a pandemic hundreds of years ago.

“It will become a standard virus if enough people have been infected and herd immunity has been built up. If we don't do anything, it will take a lot of casualties, that's why we slow down and mute. And then we hope that we can artificially build up part of that immunity more quickly by vaccinating, at least the people with the highest risk of complications. The other part you build up because the virus circulates.”

All stated in April 2010.
It was too late to keep the virus contained in China, and all over the world first cases were found or would most likely be there though not yet detected. The mass transports of global air carriers had done their job.

=> the impact of this virus, and likely our commenting on all the impacts, is going to last "at least" a long time.

"The consequences of the corona outbreak will be felt for at least two years", says virologist Marion Koopmans
"at least"

Marion Koopmans is the most senior expert virologist we have in NL.
Some journalist on twitter said something along the lines that "my kids don't yet realise that their generation will be defined by this virus, bla bla"... This was in January 2020, long before the madness of the 2020 lockdowns and massive deaths in Italy and Spain.

Some journalist on twitter said something along the lines that "my kids don't yet realise that their generation will be defined by this virus, bla bla"... This was in January 2020, long before the madness of the 2020 lockdowns and massive deaths in Italy and Spain.

Yes, but you know, there are always doomsayers. When does it cut wood ?

Some journalist... on Twitter...
how much value has that ?
Everybody can say they are a journalist after somewhere one article published and twitter is the electronic version of diarrhea and toiletpaper at the same time.

It is only really valuable when a you put your head on the chopping block with a statement in public where your value by reputation is at stake.
And if you have no reputation to lose, it is a meaningless gesture and argument.

Marion Koopmans had a lot to lose from her statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom