Do your real life friends and family know about OT?

My spouse has the most posts on CFC...

Some of my friends know but it's mostly referred to as 'that forum I read'. I would think it weird if I never brought up anything that I read here. Some things are just to weird though.

EDIT: I have mentioned it to my parents as well I think but not often enough for them to really care.

My friends and family know about this place (i'm actually on my dad's computer)but they just don't care one way or the other.

the day I say "ten char" after a short sentence IRL is when I leave OT

But will the OT leave you?

I've mentioned CFC to couple of people I know, not OT specifically. And yesterday I had to send them link to my question in General knowledge quiz, because I was frustrated that nobody tried to answer such a good question. :mischief:

Yeah I always tell my friends how it blows my mind how conservative some people (*cough* Americans) are.

I made the mistake of telling someone once - I will never do that again, completely ruined my RL reputation because that person had the idea of visiting the site and searching for me and my posts in particular :D.

My friends know about it, sure, although I don't go out of my way to mention it, I just may mention a good thread or post every now and again

My family doesn't even know how to turn on a computer, although my youngest cat is fascinated by it and has even sent an email.

The Civ players I know in RL are not posters here; if they were, they would have made contact with me by now, as I've never kept it a secret where I live and the major hobbies I have in my life.

This place does provide some good fodder for conversations with taxi drivers, though. :p

A couple of my friends from another forum are aware I post here. And I have an enemy at another forum that I told about the place, he asked where it was, and I never said :mischief:

My friends know of it, my family does not. They really wouldn't care.

Yeah, definitely. Those folks I spend a lot of time with are aware I have centralized internet arguments. My homegirl, particularly, I'll tell drawn-out stories to. She's a regular lurker on some forums, so she "gets it". She's aware of some of you as individuals. Yeah.

I do however, say RASIST in real life, and I've gotten several others to do so as well

There are also some OT/chat related things that have leaked into the rest of my world. I'm not at all ashamed.

the day I say "ten char" after a short sentence IRL is when I leave OT

You can never leave OT.

My best friend, lover, close family. And my classmates do, but they don't know what it is, they just look over my shoulder at the rare occasions where I relax in here when being supposed to listen to my geography teacher babble.

No .

Nope, nobody has a clue, except for a dude I got to join for the NES subforum awhile back.

No, I only ever recommended this site once and that was to a civ playing cousin of mine. He is not here as far as I am aware.

Top Bottom