Do your real life friends and family know about OT?

My immediate family does. I've occasionally brought up things from OT, usually news stories that make it here before they are on broadcast new programs or thinks from the Ask a Theologian Threads like the early christian opposition to abortion/infanticide being a major cause of the Christianization of the Roman Empire.

A few people from school have seen me on the forum during breaks in schoolwork and asked what it was, so one or two of them know about it. No really close friends do.

Sometimes i talk about jokes that happened here or news stories that i also found out here, or i mention some graphic modding to my sister who is a graphic designer, but other then that no, not really.

None of my friends do (none play civ) and my family would probably make me quit if they did.

my cousin introduced me to CFC. I may bring up a topic I see here in conversation but generally I separate them as much as I separate my worlds.

I don't talk about this place... I'd be embarrassed if anyone knew how much time I spent here.

My name is Irish and I'm an OT-holic.

Sadly yes...

Like do you ever mention it to them?

Not really.

People know how much I love the game, and sometimes I do send people links from threads here (like, if something is reaallly funny. I think it's happened 5-8 times), and my co-worker sees me on the page from time to time and bugs me about it..

but other than that, I try to keep my worlds from colliding.

Nope. My father who only rarely pays attention to my internet habits, is aware I browse internet forum, but is clueless on the bigger details. I ain't tellin'.

Yes they do. My brother doesn't like MobBoss and frequently rants about him.

Rofl. Another satisfied customer. :p

I tell my wife about the issues being discussed here all the time. She finds it amusing.

My parents know about it and understands it (don't read it). My bro has an account on here.

I might have mentioned to acouple people that I go to a "gaming forum". But I have spoken about the topics that I hear here (CFC is pretty up-to-date, and puts me far ahead of the rest of the pack), and I try to incorporate things I learn from here. I'll talk about what I've seen on the interwebs that are based on what I've seen here.

CFC ruins my life at some points though (I like it, but I have to be cautious); I'll think of something from here or about specific poster from CFC, and ALMOST bring it up in a conversation, but stop just in the nick of time. But I will think about this place constantly, but can't share it with people.

Someday I'll leak to people I know. Some play civ, but don't go here (I think). But all the time somebody will bring up something that I have seen here before, and I can't quite blurt out exactly where I have seen it before (for example, a teacher brought up the spinning chick thing in class the other day, and I was the only one to have seen it before).

I think I'm stuck here forever, too... Awhile back, I gave a very brief answer to somebody's question, and thought to myself, "And ten chairs, as Lucy would say."

:p

My lady knows, but I don't think I would ever tell anyone. I think I was still brought up in the group that found people that played video games wasted their time and were dorks. it seems a lot more hip to play them than it was in my day. To be on a foruum dedicated to a game would be a death blow quite possibly.

I tell my wife about the issues being discussed here all the time. She finds it amusing.

You've the best wife on the planet after Thunderfall's one.

Thunderfall's married? Ratz! :(

(It's very nice of Mrs. Thunderfall to share him with us. :))

Top Bottom