Do your real life friends and family know about OT?

Most of my family doesn't know what a forum is...
Some of my friends know i post on some sort of civ forum. I sometimes reference news i read here.
A friend of mine even knows of philippe ... for personal reasons. :D

I think I'm stuck here forever, too... Awhile back, I gave a very brief answer to somebody's question, and thought to myself, "And ten chairs, as Lucy would say."

:p

:lol: Well to be fair I didn't come up with ten chairs, I only kicked it up the picture notch.

But it's really weird to think that somewhere in Canada, a lady sometimes thinks of me when she answers questions briefly.

Tell that to Skadistic

He's still here, it's just a very well-guarded secret.

:shifty:

Crap.

:hide:

that's why I never tell anyone about it.............I reference a couple of articles here and there, vaguely saying where I found it

Yep, parents/family know about CFC, roommate sees me on here. A funny anecdote of mine was one of those situations where somebody is talking about "something they read on the internet." Well, a friend of mine had apparently read all about it on *****, even though I'd seen the article here - so everybody was like amazed and asked me "Earthling, you go to *****?" (which I never have). Also I know there was another thread about this a while ago but I find it funny to see CFCers on other forums - my experience is only one or two people I've seen on xkcd (I'm not a posting member there, just read the comic) who post the exact same OPs. (you know who you are...).

I was introduced to it by one of my real life friends.

I was introduced to it by one of my real life friends.
Those are cool. One person I know in RL posts irregularly here, and I've met a few OT posters in RL.

No. I do not talk to them about OT.

Edit: I lied, there's a girl who introduced me to CFC who hangs out on #fiftychat, so technically, yes, she knows about it, but we don't talk about it in real life.

No. I don't want to give them nightmares. :p (although, I do mention it as "a forum I read" when talking about the Internet)

Yeah, they know. In fact, my old girlfriend met some of you. Some of my friends find it funny to say "How are the Aztecs"?

I considered telling a friend once who I was amazed to find out plays civ3, and he immediatly asked me conquests after I said I did to. But I decided not to.

My parents vaguely know that I argue on some internet forum, and usually know when I'm banned because I 1) mentioned it once because I 2) suddenly start spending less time on my computer. A few of my friends know that I argue on teh interwebz, and my girlfriend finds it adorable and admirable that I valiantly take on the lot of you in defense of what I believe in. And no, she is not an extremist, she is merely politely liberal. And there is, of course, the fact that I am friends with several of you outside of CFC and the internet.

I once got overly excited while having coffee with a friend when I saw noncon walking past the window.

Top Bottom