hello!
i need a little help.
I often see in mods a new resource trade function that small wonders of the world produce, for example, a tea plantation, but I don’t know how to use the mechanics, can anyone tell me in detail how to use it? Thank you in advance

hello!
i need a little help.
I often see in mods a new resource trade function that small wonders of the world produce, for example, a tea plantation, but I don’t know how to use the mechanics, can anyone tell me in detail how to use it? Thank you in advance
Hi,

It is important that the resource is within the territory of the city
There is a setting in the editor where you can set this ('Required goods must be with City radius'), with this setting only those cities that have the given raw material can build the development. This is very useful when setting up mines or plantations, because cities that do not have the resource within their territory cannot access it, even though all cities in the civilization have access to that resource.

You can also set it to produce some kind of raw material, such as treasure, or some kind of goods (which is a kind of unit that you previously put in your mod). Some of the epic campaigns work on this principle: 'Age of Discovery',
The map must also be set to 'capture unit', so that the attacking units can transport the given treasure unit to the capital.
The unit must also set that it cannot move and that it is a 'Flag unit'

Attachments

Attachments

• Civfan-editor-mine-building copy.jpg
    Civfan-editor-mine-building copy.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 22
  • c3_aod-editor copy.jpg
    c3_aod-editor copy.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 25
  • treasure unit edit copy.jpg
    treasure unit edit copy.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 25
Hi,

It is important that the resource is within the territory of the city
There is a setting in the editor where you can set this ('Required goods must be with City radius'), with this setting only those cities that have the given raw material can build the development. This is very useful when setting up mines or plantations, because cities that do not have the resource within their territory cannot access it, even though all cities in the civilization have access to that resource.

Attachments
no no no, you misunderstood me ... I need advice on the direct use of your unit, which was produced by a tea plantation.
how can I call my unit a trolley with goods to get money from him or what does he carry there ?!
I need to know which buttons to use. I don't know how to use this unit. Do you understand?
here it was produced in my city and what next tell me this is nowhere to be found (manual for the operation of this unit)

no no no, you misunderstood me ... I need advice on the direct use of your unit, which was produced by a tea plantation.
how can I call my unit a trolley with goods to get money from him or what does he carry there ?!
I need to know which buttons to use. I don't know how to use this unit. Do you understand?
here it was produced in my city and what next tell me this is nowhere to be found (manual for the operation of this unit)

I wrote about this in the second half of the text:
You can also set it to produce some kind of raw material, such as treasure, or some kind of goods (which is a kind of unit that you previously put in your mod). Some of the epic campaigns work on this principle: 'Age of Discovery',
The map must also be set to 'capture unit', so that the attacking units can transport the given treasure unit to the capital.
The unit must also set that it cannot move and that it is a 'Flag unit'
I will try to describe it step by step so that it is understandable, because I also had a problem with it at the time.

The EFM II Egg War also works on this principle, only there the 'barbarian' eagle's nests produce an eagle's egg, which, after being caught by a combat unit, receives its counter value after being transported to the capital.

In the epic Civilization III game, the aforementioned 'Age of discovery' campaign featured this treasure production and exception.
However, I don't remember whether it caused a problem if the produced thing could be transported to the capital within the same city that built it within continent, there was some difficulty with it. I have to try this operation myself.

in EFMII, I will show you the setting with supporting images. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom