Euro 2016

These brackets are horribly uneven...one team is gonna go through hell in order to make the final, while the other will just cruise through ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well if Spain and England had won their groups, as people had expected, they'd both be in the top half, and Spain wouldn't be playing Italy. On paper, it should have been ITA, GER, FRA (+CRO) in bottom half, and SPA, POR, ENG (+BEL) in the top half. It's only because two "good" teams underperformed and ended up swapping halves that it looks so uneven now.

Well, that was an awful first day of the knock-out phase.

Can't be an awful day when Wales wins.

Zero shots on goal during the 90 minutes between Croatia and Portugal...ZERO...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was laughing maniacally by 90 minutes. Possibly the most boring high stakes match I've watched in the past 16 years.

Today was much better thank God.

I'm bloody delighted.

Although I do wish Hungary had beaten Belgium. We beat and drew with Belgium in the qualifiers, so there is faint hope, but it looks like a QF exit for Wales, sadly :(

Italy are beating Spain 1-0 at the start of the second half. Woo?

Italy are looking quite dangerous now...I would place them as favorites to win it all...

They surely play as a unit like many of the great Italian sides in the past. Tradition has it that Germany goes out now.

Why? Are they facing England?

They surely play as a unit like many of the great Italian sides in the past. Tradition has it that Germany goes out now.

Italians traditionally beat the Germans in every major tournament game between the two. Somehow though, I expect this time it will be the Germans who will be victorious.

Iceland!!! I'm Really happy that they won... Truly deserved.
Is it too soon for the brexit jokes?

Italians traditionally beat the Germans in every major tournament game between the two. Somehow though, I expect this time it will be the Germans who will be victorious.

I was just thinking about it this morning: better to lose with Spain, which we've recently grown resigned to, than with Germany.

I then decided that the penalties will be a good outcome, and then... let's see what happens.

Top Bottom