FfH2 Bug Thread

another game another CTD :-(

could someone please try the save, so i would know if the problem is my pc or if its some FFH issue...

thanks in advance

No problem/crash for me. Maybe the autosave of the next turn will help you.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0262.CivBeyondSwordSave
    705.6 KB · Views: 52
thank you XenofO!
damn then it must be some local problem,
yea i tried going 4 turns back and i could continue past 263 but 2 turns later it again crashed
damn

I know we aren't supposed to post issues with scenario here, forgive me for breaking the rule.

shouldn't the settlers you get at the start of the Momus lose enraged? it kinda sucks to start the scenario and have a settler randomly running around. I guess settlers, workers, great people etc. should not be able to get a promotion. it would even fix the issue with civs with chaos mana ending up with enraged settlers and great people, same thing with armageddon...

[to_xp]Gekko;7611775 said:
I know we aren't supposed to post issues with scenario here, forgive me for breaking the rule.

shouldn't the settlers you get at the start of the Momus lose enraged? it kinda sucks to start the scenario and have a settler randomly running around. I guess settlers, workers, great people etc. should not be able to get a promotion. it would even fix the issue with civs with chaos mana ending up with enraged settlers and great people, same thing with armageddon...

In a similiar theme, last night I had a settler and a great merchant and a great scientist respawn in my capitol after using them because I had created the Blood of the Phoenix giving them the immortal promotion.

Patch "l" is linked in the first post. It will not break save games and fixes the following issues:

1. Medicine tech provides +1 health (Nikis-Knight).
2. Military State gives +20% free units per population instead of +20% free military units per population.
3. Fixed an issue that could cause priests to be able to summon to many tigers.
4. Fixed an issue that would make only immobile units able to defensively withdrawal (thanks Xienwolf!).
5. Call of the Grave will now correctly heal nearby undead units (thanks Tarquelne!).
6. Fixed an issue that caused units Magnadine summoned to always appear in the capital.
7. Fixed an issue that allowed invisible units to bump enemies out of their plots (and cities).
8. Mithril Golem can cast Earthquake.
9. Medic2 now grants the ability to cast Cure Disease (instead of requiring divine).
10. Medic3 now grants the ability to cast Heal (instead of requiring divine).
11. Grigori Medic loses the divine and channeling promotions and gains medic promotions instead.
12. Fixed a python error with the Taunt spell.
13. Manticore's can fly now.
14. Return of Winter- the player will now correctly lose if the Illians die.
15. Units will now be split from their groups when they become enraged.
16. Fixed a CtD caused by the AI upgrading to airships.

I just wanted to clarify, this bug.
Reported Bugs (General):
#5. Illusion Great People can be used to start a Golden Age (not that they can personally trigger it, but they can be taken as the additional required Great people for the GAs after the first one) (rasot - Post 311)

I used the Black Mirror to create an illusion Great Merchant, the Illusion was able to start/trigger the Golden Age as it didn't prevent me from using it's special ability. Obviously the mechanics of multiple Great people being needed for further Golden Ages makes this a one time use only exploit. I would also imagine acquiring the Black Mirror from the Svarts as a Summoning civ would make this insanely abusable. Although I've read the Black Mirror is coded for just 1 turn regardless of your traits, but I don't know the specifics on if that is true or not.

I am at peace, but I am attacking a Clan of Embers unit with a hidden nationality unit and the mouse-over doesn't give combat odds. (Maybe because of the Barbarian trait?) It does seem specific to the Clan, because attacking a Hippus in the same way gave me the combat odds I expected.

It's the first time in a .40 game I summoned Basium (as the Sheaim - sorry about that DemonMaster:crazyeye:).

In addition to all the problems associated with AC 90 and Enraged, I think there is a problem at AC 100 as well. If there was a change I missed, I apologize.

In the past, you lost a bunch of your units at AC 100 and they appeared as Angels for the Mercurians. In this game, I lost the units (they came back as I had Blood of the Phoenix), but the Mercurian didn't get the large amount of Angels I was expecting. In fact, I'm fairly certain they lost Angels.

There were 5 other AI civs left. Sabathiel had about 50% of the map, hundreds of units, all of them living, I would suppose. Those alone should have given Basium quite an Angel army. However, after AC 100 hit, I would say that half his cities had no defenders. He did have a few living units and those might disappear, but he also had at least one Angel in each city. And, as I said, none of his cities received the Angel overload that AC 100 usually brings.

Has anyone else playing the Mercurians noticed this when you get AC 100?

What other civs were left, and more specifically what were their alighnments? Good normally rasie as angels, even as infernals. So if it was a lot of evil empires... no goodies for Basium. ;)

Not sure if this is a bug or not:
Edit - contains info about one of the scenarios and I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has not played the Decius Bannor scenario (can't remember the name).
Spoiler :

In the Decius Bannor scenario, as soon as I destroy the Octopus Overlords holy city, and Rosier gets water walking, the scenario ends with me having won a religious victory. Is this intentional? The reason I suspect it is not supposed to go down that way is that in the next scenario, you are Decius as the Malakim, but you don't really get any background as to what got him expelled from the Bannor (which I assume happens at the end of the first scenario).

I am at peace, but I am attacking a Clan of Embers unit with a hidden nationality unit and the mouse-over doesn't give combat odds. (Maybe because of the Barbarian trait?) It does seem specific to the Clan, because attacking a Hippus in the same way gave me the combat odds I expected.

My HN units ( Calabim ) don't show combat odds either.

you can have a unit with both vampirism and undead if you gift vampirism before using lichdom.

if you automate a workboat, it will go to the tile that needs fishing boats and then just hang there without sacrificing itself to build the improvement.

when civs get destroyed, the message box with their leader saying last words isn't coming up.

patch L.

Not sure if this is a bug or not:
Edit - contains info about one of the scenarios and I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has not played the Decius Bannor scenario (can't remember the name).
Spoiler :

In the Decius Bannor scenario, as soon as I destroy the Octopus Overlords holy city, and Rosier gets water walking, the scenario ends with me having won a religious victory. Is this intentional? The reason I suspect it is not supposed to go down that way is that in the next scenario, you are Decius as the Malakim, but you don't really get any background as to what got him expelled from the Bannor (which I assume happens at the end of the first scenario).

Best to ask this in the scenario threads as requested by Kael on page one. But as to your question, it is a bug, but keep playing "one more turn" and you will eventually get the win you expected.

I have three issues/bugs/questions from a game I just finished on patch K.

1. Around turn 400 or so, the barbarians got the ability to move through my units. They would move on top of or past my fortified units at the frontier and attack my cities. Several times they stopped moving and were stacked with my units. I was able to attack them, either by moving units from elsewhere, or moving the unit they were stacked on away one space and then attack. I saw assassins, hunters, rangers, beastmasters, etc all do this. Is there something going on here that I don't know about?

2. A Basium Angel of Death attacked/moved through my city, displaced the 15 units there into two stacks outside the city and took the city. I do not know if these angels get invis and are part of the bug that was fixed in patch L. If so, please ignore this.

3. I captured Acheron and was using the big red dragon to attack cities. When he used his fear attack and scattered enemy units, some of them ended up in the same stack as my units. Should enemies be able to stack with friendly units?

Playing on Erebus, standard size map, and having a great time!

I have three issues/bugs/questions from a game I just finished on patch K.

1. Around turn 400 or so, the barbarians got the ability to move through my units. They would move on top of or past my fortified units at the frontier and attack my cities. Several times they stopped moving and were stacked with my units. I was able to attack them, either by moving units from elsewhere, or moving the unit they were stacked on away one space and then attack. I saw assassins, hunters, rangers, beastmasters, etc all do this. Is there something going on here that I don't know about?

You either built or took control of Nox Noctis. It makes your units inside your borders invisible except in cities, so the AI would be easily able to ignore hm and go past.

2. A Basium Angel of Death attacked/moved through my city, displaced the 15 units there into two stacks outside the city and took the city. I do not know if these angels get invis and are part of the bug that was fixed in patch L. If so, please ignore this.
Should hopefully have been fixed in patch L.

3. I captured Acheron and was using the big red dragon to attack cities. When he used his fear attack and scattered enemy units, some of them ended up in the same stack as my units. Should enemies be able to stack with friendly units?

That's a new one on me. I'm guessing fear doesn't take into account other units on nearby squares.

Took my first spin behind the Basium wheel, and other than watching the AI tear my beautiful empire to shreds, great fun. One thing went beyond the usual AI stupidity (where Soren and Sid earn the big bucks is creating an AI almost worthy of the name - one thing all mods have in common, even the great ones like this one, is absolutely clueless AI regarding all the fun stuff the mod offers) was my former capital trying to build a work boat every turn under conquest (and thus not growing) evidently intending the boats to carry his huge army via water around the one tile peak separating him from the enemy we'd been supposedly fighting for one hundred turns but could never quite reach.

Maybe Bannor Work Boats think they're offensive? This may explain why, however great the Erebus map is, it is guaranteed that an AI will never make it off their continent (peaked off area). See attached save.

Attachments

• Basium AD-0445.CivBeyondSwordSave
    598.5 KB · Views: 35
Not really bugs, but note that he's also keeping all his pop well below happiness/health limits, leaving lots of tiles unworked, and has a bad habit of building forts on tiles he really needs for food.

What other civs were left, and more specifically what were their alighnments? Good normally rasie as angels, even as infernals. So if it was a lot of evil empires... no goodies for Basium. ;)

All the remaining civs were either Good (4) or Neutral (1)

The Infernals never made it into the game.

I'm not sure AC 100 has the same way of doing things as when units are normally killed.

I would have expected Basium to get several hundred Angels based on the civs in the game and the number of units. Instead, he didn't get any and appears to have lost some.

Top Bottom