FfH2 Bug Thread

Kael surreptitiously changed this, and gave medic 3 to all high priests including the Illian ones without mentioning it in the changelog.

Sphener, Chalid and Yvain lost cure disease and heal though. :/ Can't say I like that.

Chalid can deal with it, but Yvain and Sphener both also have 'life' magic, so it seems completely right for them to be healers.

Playing as the Infernals last night and I have to ask if the hellfire nodes are working? I have 4 high priests who placed down 20 nodes(16 in my borders, 4 in neutral borders) and 58 turns after I placed the last node I still have not seen any units pop out of the hellfire nodes. What is the % chance that a champion will pop out, I can't seem to find it.

The Champions spawned by Hellfire are subject to the same barbarian spawning limitations as those from Barrows, Ruins, Dens, etc., which was reduced (too much, imho) in 0.40. The Hellfire events gives the Infernal some demonic Champions, but the improvement normally just spawns Barbarian Champions wiht the Orkish promotion (that look human since Ogres were made the Orkish Champion UU). I really think that the Infernal need to get their Sect of the Flies UU back to be spawned here. Having Hellfire spawn random demons though python calls could be nice too.

Lastly, is there any way to 'fiddle' with the Erebus map? I occasionally play it but two often the mountains cut off civilizations to the point where you have to take this HUGE detour to get anywhere. I mean I like the map in the case that you don't get dog-piled by 2-4 Civs early in the game but every time it seems I can only get to one culture and if they are unfriendly, I'm cut off from the rest of the world. One or two less mountains and everything would be fine.

Any easy fix here would be an Earth III mountain moving spell. Just think of the havoc you could wreak! :satan:

The Champions spawned by Hellfire are subject to the same barbarian spawning limitations as those from Barrows, Ruins, Dens, etc., which was reduced (too much, imho) in 0.40. The Hellfire events gives the Infernal some demonic Champions, but the improvement normally just spawns Barbarian Champions wiht the Orkish promotion (that look human since Ogres were made the Orkish Champion UU). I really think that the Infernal need to get their Sect of the Flies UU back to be spawned here. Having Hellfire spawn random demons though python calls could be nice too.

Thank you for the reply, On normal speed, Large Map, I am in the year 395, AC is at 78 and there are probably 25-30 barbarian cities on the map. Of the 11 civs I started the game with only myself and 5 others are still alive.

The no spawning from the hellfire nodes seems to be a result of all those barbarians still out there. A better mechanism for the hellfire nodes would probably be to treat it like a planar gate, separate chance for champions to spawn (or sect of flies like in olden days) coded in globaldefines perhaps(<DefineName>HELLFIRE_UNIT_CHANCE</DefineName>) looks like more disappointment is coming when I get that counter to 80 and more spawn on their own.

Another thing I have noticed in my last 2 games is that the AI never seems to pop dungeons, I must have seen about 9/10 of these in my current game in svartalfar, malakim and sidar lands untouched. Maybe they need an iAIWeight to encourage them to do so.

Y'know, I bet if you gave Loki March, the AI would use him like a million times better.

With Patch L I get a CTD anytime the AI tries to cast March of the Trees. The log file points to this line (bold):

Code:
def spellMarchOfTheTrees(caster):
	iAncientForest = gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT')
	iForest = gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST')
	iNewForest = gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST_NEW')
	iTreant = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_TREANT')
	iPlayer = caster.getOwner()
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
	for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
		pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
		if pPlot.isOwned():
			if pPlot.getOwner() == iPlayer:
				if (pPlot.getFeatureType() == iForest or pPlot.getFeatureType() == iAncientForest):
					[B]newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(iTreant, pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)[/B]
					newUnit.setDuration(5)
					pPlot.setFeatureType(iNewForest,0)

The exact log entry is here, but the line number will be wrong since I've added another spell for exploring city ruins.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 22, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 1909, in spellMarchOfTheTrees

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

I do have an autosave from 2 turns prior (without new random seed on reload option set) so it's easy to repeat but since I have added explorable city ruins I'd also need to send you my modified files. If you want all of that let me know.

Patch L crashes to desktop when I want to start Gift of Kylorin

I can corroborate the CTD when someone casts march of the trees.

Okay, seems there's quite a few scenarios that give me a CtD when I start them. But not all: Against The Wall starts okay, Return of Winter too. Black Tower fails, Lord of the Balors fails, The Cult fails.

Balance issue:

The "Light" and "Heavy" effect promotions should not occur simultaneously, I think. I had a mutated unit receive both of these promotions, which doesn't particularly make sense. :)

See the attached image.
promotion_problem.JPG

As I am quite new to FFH2, Im not 100% sure if this is a bug or a feature, but if its a feature it feels kinda strange:

Playing the Infernals for the first time. I started out as Sheaim and everything worked out fine until I switched over to the Infernals. What happened was that my new Infernal lands stayed the same while my old Sheaim lands transformed into Hell-terrain. Isnt this supposed to be the other way around?

short question: i posted some stuff which are bugs (im my judgement of course). now xienwolf posted it in the categorie "more of a balance question". so what does that mean now? it will be fixed? or a change is discussable? or nothing will happen at all?

I attacked with a lightening elemental, and two smaller lightening elementals broke off from it. When I attacked with them I got this python error:

Also, for the second Lanun scenario, is it normal for ALL living units to be mutated? I thought it was a percentage chance for having chaos mana, or is this scenario special?

Finally, this could be dumb luck, or it could be a bug, but I haven't had a single unit be converted by my high priests with maximum command promotions. Is this working right?

Attachments

• FFHError.jpg
    FFHError.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 252
Well, where else would they get the arrowheads but an arrowhead mine? /sarcasm

I vastly prefer FF's solution of having archery available at crafting.

I don't understand that one either. I'd rather Archery be a slightly more expensive tech requiring Crafting (possibly with Hunting as an alternative still)

Now that Classical Starts give a more modest amount of techs, could you adjust Medieval too, and add back the Renaissance Era (or better names if you prefer)? I'm thinking it would be good for Medieval to end around the Fanaticism/Feudalism/Iron Working/Sorcery level.

It really seems like Kael would have set MAX_NATIONAL_WONDERS_PER_CITY_FOR_OCC to -1 by now, so that the limit on National Wonders per city that does not exist in a normal game would not exist in One City Challenge games either.

So you guys say you want Archery to appear before Bronze Working then? Why not at the same time? Archers practically stop a small axeman rush, so they shouldn't come too early compared to Axemen. But if Archery requires Mining, they can now both come at roughly the same time for two different civs that focused on Mining early.

about the grand menagerie: dont know if its supposed to be that way or rather a bug

in multiplayer games, when you are in the same team, wonder usually apply for the whole team. but the grand menagerie applies only for the player who built it. only the player who built it gets the building that you can put animals into cities (sorry i dont know the english word for this building, maybe carnival or fair?). also, the free bard is also only for the person who built the grand menagerie. hope you guys understand what i try to point out. (feedback would be nice, thx in advance)

add the "Blood of the Phoenix" ritual. also (since my english is so weak, i just want to make sure i used the right words: ) i am not talking about an alliance you make while playing; im talking about an alliance that is set even before the game starts, the one that cant be broken.

Top Bottom