FfH2 Bug Thread

The "Enter the Flames" option in some event gives your unit Mutation but nothing else. It has happened twice now, mutated unit with no additional promotions. Should it even be possible to get only Mutation?

can someone please show me the logic in this??????

It just gives another way to get to archers, instead of forcing playing through the hunting path to get at them. So they are underutilized just because it usually doesnt fit into any reasonable teching path. Not always, but in most cases it wont work.

This way we have 2 ways to get to Archery and its reasonable in more situations (not always, but its better).

I dont like having it available after crafting because thats way to early. I don't like having it after Bronze Working because thats really late (though I would tend to go later than earlier). I do like that if you tech for axemen to rush and your opponent techs to archers to defend then you aren't going to take cities.

can someone please show me the logic in this??????
I suppose that since Mining is what allows you to cut down forests, it also gives you a surplus of wood with which you can mass produce bows. You could also argue for Animal Husbandry to be the prerequisite, since wikipedia says that, "historically bow strings were frequently made from animal by-products such as sinew, intestine, or hair."

Python Exception

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 111
'kay, ignore my reports about scenario crashes, seems my FfH install got messed up somehow. One reinstall later it's all running fine again.

not really a bug, more of an outdated feature...

now that forest and jungle chopping have been moved up in the tech tree should the 'bronze working' - 'sanitation' connection still exist?

i know it wasn't always there (although it was added quite sometime ago) and i always assumed it was to make a direct line between the two chopping techs.

as such it doesn't seem necessary anymore.

With Patch "L", I'm finding that my workers do not work correctly on Scenario's, they run back and forth between locations not doing anything.

Also, Tar Daemon has no image...

"7. River trade moved form Sailing to Fishing."

will rivers inside cultural borders still work as a trade route even without fishing?
it's kinda confusing right now, it'd be a nice change imho ( needing fishing tech to use rivers as trade routes even if they are inside cultural borders, that is )

As I am quite new to FFH2, Im not 100% sure if this is a bug or a feature, but if its a feature it feels kinda strange:

Playing the Infernals for the first time. I started out as Sheaim and everything worked out fine until I switched over to the Infernals. What happened was that my new Infernal lands stayed the same while my old Sheaim lands transformed into Hell-terrain. Isnt this supposed to be the other way around?

Were your lands (as the Infernal) all snow/tundra? If so, those never turn to hell terrain graphically, but do count for spreading Hell.

short question: i posted some stuff which are bugs (im my judgement of course). now xienwolf posted it in the categorie "more of a balance question". so what does that mean now? it will be fixed? or a change is discussable? or nothing will happen at all?

The second post is mine and mine alone. I did it on a whim the first time, and Kael found it somewhat useful, so I've kept doing it since. I am not on the team, and I make my own decisions on where/how to handle the posts I read. I know that Kael still reads every post in this thread, as he often fixes things before I read the post reporting them. Think of the second post as a handy reminder for him on the issues which do not gain immediate response.

Anyway, as long as you understand I am not on the team and don't influence what is worked on when and why, I'll say that the "More of a Balance Question" listing is where I put things which are reported where the code is doing exactly what it was written to do, and I think that it is what it was intended to do at the time of writing. However, some players do not agree with what the intention may have been (for your case, the buildings not assisting your teammate, a building must be flagged as affecting the whole team in order to do so, and setting this flag is pretty much all that is required to make it work on team instead of player. Such a simple switch to make implies that it wasn't made initially on purpose, to limit the total effect of the building)

@coko: Turn on "Effects" in Graphic options to see Tar Demons

I spotted a few minor issues in my last two games:
>Desert tiles with scrubs on them lose the scrubs if upgraded with Spring, but keep them if upgraded with Vitalize (discovered with patch k as Ljosalfar)
(everything else comes from a Kuriotates game with patch l)
>Genesis upgrades desert tiles under flood plains, and does so without removing the flood plains. The new plains tiles can then be further upgraded with Vitalize, still leaving the flood plains.
>Heroes that abandon you due to a religion change can be rebuilt if you later change back to their religion, or can be be rebuilt by other civilizations.
>Mardero (presumably due to Channeling 3, meaning it would also affect Yvain, Sphener, Chalid, etc.) will not defend a stack until he is the last one remaining, even if his defensive strength is more than 4 times higher than the next available unit. (The Marksman promotion, however, seems to correctly choose the weakest unit regardless of chance to defend).
>Enraged units can be controlled by giving them move orders for the next turn after they have moved.
>Basium's spawn kicks all units out of the city, even though it's still your city until the end of the turn and you have an alliance with him.
>Kraken, due to being Beast units, can gain a variety of promotions that are useless to them (like Woodsman). This probably also means that they can get Blitz.

More Balance-ish issues:
>Herne, unlike all other centaurs, does not receive defensive bonuses.
>Due to jewelers and pearls, the Kuriotates receive a moderate potential boost in all games featuring the Lanun, and are heavily weighted towards befriending them.
>Once casting Hide, there is no way other than finding something to attack to remove the hidden promotion (making it hard to use such units for defense).
>The ability to upgrade priests into Druids (which can then cast higher level divine spells) makes neutral civs far better at channeling divine power than good or evil civs.

With patch "l", when I load a worldbuilder file, no cottages or farms are kept. It doesn't work with previous files, and adding cottages in the WB, saving and playing the scenario doesn't work either. The save files are identical as far as improvement syntax is concerned. Uniques like Remnants of Patria or Ring of Carcer are not affected, but farms, towns and cottages are. Castles remain too. Used to work with patch "c".

Patch 0.40m
4. Sphener and Yvain regain the ability to cast Cure Disease and Heal.

one thing this reminds me of is whether it'd be possible for the Council of Esus to have some means of having Cure disease / heal?'

For something a little different to the other faiths, perhaps a CoE alternative to the temple - a surgery where a unit could pay to remove diseases, heal quicker and perhaps be able purchase healing salves?

Bug: the desktop shortcut to launch FFH2 does not work with the Steam version of the install. This has been the case since 0.34 and is still the case with version 0.40 "l". WinXP SP3, with a fresh install of Windows before this last attempt.

It gives an incorrect directory error with some kind of strange-looking space at the end of a path.

>Genesis upgrades desert tiles under flood plains, and does so without removing the flood plains. The new plains tiles can then be further upgraded with Vitalize, still leaving the flood plains.

I don't think this is a bug. If I've understood things right, Genesis and Vitalize upgrade Base Terrain (deserts and plains), not Terrain Features; Flood Plains are a Terrain Feature (like forests), placed on top of the Base Terrain, and therefore unaffected by either Genesis or Vitalize.

Bug: the desktop shortcut to launch FFH2 does not work with the Steam version of the install. This has been the case since 0.34 and is still the case with version 0.40 "l". WinXP SP3, with a fresh install of Windows before this last attempt.

It gives an incorrect directory error with some kind of strange-looking space at the end of a path.

A manual fix for this: change the target of the link to the following

"C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="Fall from Heaven 2"

Note that a \ has been removed and quotes added to the mod= tag.

I don't think this is a bug. If I've understood things right, Genesis and Vitalize upgrade Base Terrain (deserts and plains), not Terrain Features; Flood Plains are a Terrain Feature (like forests), placed on top of the Base Terrain, and therefore unaffected by either Genesis or Vitalize.

Except that both Vitalize and Spring are blocked from being able to cast on desert tiles with flood plains on them. For good reason too, a flood plains/grassland yields 5 food and 2 trade before adding improvements.

Except that both Vitalize and Spring are blocked from being able to cast on desert tiles with flood plains on them. For good reason too, a flood plains/grassland yields 5 food and 2 trade before adding improvements.

I haven't checked Spring recently, but Druids definitely can cast Vitalize (twice) on Desert+Flood Plains. A huge boon to the cottage spammers.

With patch "l", when I load a worldbuilder file, no cottages or farms are kept. It doesn't work with previous files, and adding cottages in the WB, saving and playing the scenario doesn't work either. The save files are identical as far as improvement syntax is concerned. Uniques like Remnants of Patria or Ring of Carcer are not affected, but farms, towns and cottages are. Castles remain too. Used to work with patch "c".

Uhh.... Into the Desert and Fall of Cuantine start with improvements and they are loading correctly. Are you sure you are saving the file?

Top Bottom