FfH2 Bug Thread

I think Kael had planned for that, but couldn't find a way to force a civ to adopt a religion before it has a city with said religion.

[to_xp]Gekko;7673942 said:
Kael, did you fix Ars Moriendi's wraith spawn chance when you fixed the Air Elemental? the poor guy needs his wraiths to cause fear and torment! :D

I am not so scary without my buddies ;)

that's fixed in patch R. yay! thanx Kael :)

now, if I read the bug list correctly, the only chances that are still bugged are wolf packs creating wolves (1% instead of 10%) , and baby spiders becoming giant spiders ( 2% instead of 20% ) or are those fixed already?

[to_xp]Gekko;7676243 said:
that's fixed in patch R. yay! thanx Kael :)

now, if I read the bug list correctly, the only chances that are still bugged are wolf packs creating wolves (1% instead of 10%) , and baby spiders becoming giant spiders ( 2% instead of 20% ) or are those fixed already?

Also, are giant spiders only supposed to have a 5% chance to create a baby spider from combat?

Is it intentional that later Era starts have been nerfed? I started a game in the Classical era under patch q, and Construction and Sailing were still on the menu....back in patch h, at least, the techs were more advanced for the Classical era. Oh, and the Medieval era is still broken....when I started a Custom game with Feryl I began with three Barons :)

Is it intentional that later Era starts have been nerfed? I started a game in the Classical era under patch q, and Construction and Sailing were still on the menu....back in patch h, at least, the techs were more advanced for the Classical era.

The eras were balanced out so starting at classical etc didn't grant so many techs. It should provide just the basic techs now I think.

Well, I can't say I'm happy to hear that....the CLassical era was my favorite starting point. Any word on when Medieval will work correctly, or if we can have Classical back the way it was, if noone is offended by the suggestion?

Kael? Please?:sad:

Well, I can't say I'm happy to hear that....the CLassical era was my favorite starting point. Any word on when Medieval will work correctly, or if we can have Classical back the way it was, if noone is offended by the suggestion?

Kael? Please?:sad:

There was a thread around here where we talked about it. But in the end I agree with those that suggested that the classical start was to advanced. We want it to get through the early basic exploration techs, but we still want some tech specialization options to be open (basically so that you have to choose what unit combat pathes to pursue).

I may pull medieval back a bit. But to be honest with you medieval starts were never really intended.

I've used Acheron to kill Yersinia and he got plagued. Trying to use a priest to cure him doesn't work, the spell is greyed out, probably because he's magic immune.

Pool of Tears did work however. Maybe it's intended, I don't know. Maybe such rare and powerfull creatures as dragons require more special treatment than a simple priest could provide but it would be impossible if you get a map without PoT. So I thought I'll mention it just in case.

I personally think that Medieval starts should be approximately what Classical used to be, plus possibly some techs on the level of Trade, Feudalism, Iron Working, and Priesthood. I would like a renaissance level after that, closer to where the current Medieval is, even though I'd practically never play it.

I also still think that Dragons should be immune to plagues, diseased, poisoned, and withered.

Patch q Does Treetop defence work?

Just had a fawn and adept on an ancient wood tile, and for perhaps the first time I've had a use for the spell, neither unit fortified when I tried it

This isn't a bug. Those bonuses give the unit double movement thru forest/hills. For units that already have two or more movement, it just means it only takes them one movement to go thru them. For units that already have one movement, it allows them to move twice.

I realise that. It just seems asinine to me. A 1 movement elf can move 2 squares through forests, and a 2 movement elf can move 2 squares through forests.

I just wish the promotion was changed to be more consistent. Preferably, removes movement penalties when moving through forests/jungles/hills. Alternatively, +1 movement and removes movement penalties if people like that these units can move faster through these terrain types than through flat lands, so that 1 movement units can move 2 squares and 2 movement units can move 3 squares.

I realise that. It just seems asinine to me. A 1 movement elf can move 2 squares through forests, and a 2 movement elf can move 2 squares through forests.

I just wish the promotion was changed to be more consistent. Preferably, removes movement penalties when moving through forests/jungles/hills. Alternatively, +1 movement and removes movement penalties if people like that these units can move faster through these terrain types than through flat lands, so that 1 movement units can move 2 squares and 2 movement units can move 3 squares.
I can doubly agree to that one. Though double movement on those terrians would really more imply road style movment on it. That would be a bit much XD.

Patch q Does Treetop defence work?

Just had a fawn and adept on an ancient wood tile, and for perhaps the first time I've had a use for the spell, neither unit fortified when I tried it

The spell doesn't actually fortify the units (meaning it doesn't hit the F key for you) but it does give the units the 25% Fortification bonus.

If you realize it isn't a bug, then why did you post it in the bugs thread and call it a "bug"? If you think something like that should be changed, make a post about it in the main forum.

I may pull medieval back a bit. But to be honest with you medieval starts were never really intended.

Is there any particular reason not to split it up more, to give people who want to play at different tech levels more choices? FfH doesn't use as many eras as vanilla Civ4, and while its tech tree isn't as long, I think some finer divisions might help it, especially for MP play.

Is there any particular reason not to split it up more, to give people who want to play at different tech levels more choices? FfH doesn't use as many eras as vanilla Civ4, and while its tech tree isn't as long, I think some finer divisions might help it, especially for MP play.

There are 10 eras in FfH and 7 in BtS. We just use eras for more than just tech divisions.

Patch Q -- python error. I'm not sure why that one happened.

Spoiler :
File "CvSpellInterface", line 22, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 1535, in spellInquisition

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getStateReligion'
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

If you realize it isn't a bug, then why did you post it in the bugs thread and call it a "bug"? If you think something like that should be changed, make a post about it in the main forum.

No need to be a dick about it.

I realise that is how it works in Vanilla. That doesn't mean that is the best way for it to work in FfH. If I was happy with Vanilla, I wouldn't play FfH ldo.

There are 10 eras in FfH and 7 in BtS. We just use eras for more than just tech divisions.

Are you planning to change the AI's behaviour to be independent from eras? At the moment there are quite a lot decisons it makes on base of the era it is currently in as far as I can tell from crawling through the dll. It's kind of strange, if it does things the way it would do it in the modern age in BtS just because you are running The Order as your state religion in FfH for example.

Top Bottom