Forgotten Realms

Drizzt I would guess. Do you really want to start a thread on name that forgotten realms charecter? Ah well, explain in full everything and tell me if I have to post another reply.....

*Taking on old man tone*

Huh, you young 'uns have got it easy these days!

Back in my day it was Greyhawk or no D&D at all. None of this fancy 'kit' thing you kids are into these days!

:lol:

Seriously, I think its Wulfgar, but Artemis Entreri (sp?) is way cooler than him and Drizzt put together.

Assassins rock!

Aha, got it. You my friend love the Zhents, so I bet it is a zhent we are talking about. Sememmon, now that I think about it, since he fled from Fzoul. Out of curiousity, tell me who (in your opinion) should lead the Zents; Manshoon, Fzoul Chembryl or Sememmon?

Sixchan you are a man after my own heart!
Assasins do rock but not as much as a zhent Assasin!

Blackadder I told you the answer after u could not get it so don't be such a smart alek.

:king:

The Katana is the greatest weapon in the realms. But they are so hard to enchant that there are very few of them.

I mean how many FR books have u read that involve a manin character with a katana? hum....
Very few, if any!

Can you prove a weapon that is better than a katana?
Show me.

P.s. (blackadder): War hammers are not good due to their size and weight. If a halfling tried to swing one he would go with it!

:ninja:

:hammer: :rotfl:

The Katana is the greatest weapon in the realms. But they are so hard to enchant that there are very few of them.

I mean how many FR books have u read that involve a manin character with a katana? hum....
Very few, if any!

Can you prove a weapon that is better than a katana?
Show me.

Unless I can take weapons from other universes, no.

We really are alike!

My katana wielding Dual Classed Fighter/Assassin dual wields katanas (enchanted when she traveled to an alternative universe in the Prime Material Plane) and has 15 (leathally poisoned) pocket knives and a mini crossbow concealed all over her body.

Sixchan you are a man after my own heart!
Assasins do rock but not as much as a zhent Assasin!

And not as much as my Otaku Assassins! Super-evolved humans able to travel in 4d, with three groups warring it out. Evil fighters, good mages, and neutral assassins.

Bruhhhhhh!!!!!
All these young uppity Zhentarim, assassins, and katana wielding eejits talking about the Realms, and downgrading warhammers to boot.

Of course a halfling cannot use a warhammer; but give it to a 6'10'' Northman 29th level barbarian with Gauntlets of Ogre Power and a Girdle of Giant Strength, and you have a different proposition.

Its not the weapon, its who wields it.

I am personally partial to paladins, elven rangers, fighters, mighty clerics and wizards and the like above skulking assassins.
One has given up on their version of the Realms, and I sticks to my own.

One of my loves is traditional style characters - half elven bard, halfling thief, dwarven fighter, mighty human druid with firbolg blood, elven ranger or fighter/mage, and a collection of barbarians, fighters, paladins and clerics. Good ol' time adventure and warmaking, although one of my campaigns does have slightly higher tech levels in the Realms - 2102AD tech in 1391DR, but it fits in nicely.

Originally posted by Sixchan
My katana wielding Dual Classed Fighter/Assassin dual wields katanas (enchanted when she traveled to an alternative universe in the Prime Material Plane) and has 15 (leathally poisoned) pocket knives and a mini crossbow concealed all over her body.

What is the point of carrying 15 poisonous daggers around on your person? It seems as though you are tempting fate to a great degree. If you have a pot of poison then you don't stick it on a weapon: you carry in your pocket until you are ready to use the thing! Carrying a poisoned dagger around with you would seem to invite the DM to give you a chance of tripping and stabbing yourself to death every time you go upstairs, but with 15!!!! You should be dead so many times over that no amount of magic potions, amulets, yada yadas could save you. :lol:

Hmm. Only 15 guards. My paladin or fighter doesn't need 15 separate weapons to take them down, just four rounds with his vorpal holy avenger sword.

Duke o' york. the only problem is the fact that a good assasin will have taken the poisons he uses so many times that he is probavly immune to them. I have added this rule in my D&D games.

Darkside!!! hahaha! You would do well not to cuss the Zhents.
Paladins and rangers are goodies and as of such worship dodgy gods (e.g. HELM, What a nut who in their right minds likes Helm, Torm, Lathander, etc.)
Druids are all self righteous! may the trees they worship become evil and kill them all!
Barbarians are all braun and can be taken out very easily. Weaklings.

P.s. Any character shorter than a dwarf deserves to die a painful death. Being drowned in mouldy firewine with a kraken in is the best solution to these pests!

Any questions!
I've been waiting to get that off my chest for years!

Hundreds upon Hundreds of Zhent agents and mercenaries has fallen before my blade!
Zhentarim....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
Amateur villains if there ever was any... I am not very fond of Harpers, but they could kick your silly arses any day of the week.
One day the Banites will grow stronger than both those mo-fo organizations, and then you'll see, unbeliever!

Thaerom Ravenscalp

Level 32 Chaotic Evil Human Berserker
STR: 18/76
DEX: 19
CON: 18
INT: 13
WIS: 9
CHA: 9
Weapons: Githyanki Silver Sword (Each hit has a 25% chance of instantly killing your foe), Bala's Throwing Axe (Slays Spellcasters)
Armor: Blue Dragon Plate (90% Resistance vs. Electric Damage), Cloak of Balduran, Balduran's Helmet, Gargoyle Boots (Cast Stoneskin 3 times/day, Immune to Backstab)
Misc: Rakshasa Scalp (for luck), Banite Necklace (+5 to all save vs. wands), Rat Skull Necklace
THAC0: -9
AC: -7
Place of Birth: Tulbegh, Sembia
Religion: Banite
Bounty: 2,650,000 gold pieces offered by the Cormyrean and Sembian governments.
Enemies: The Zhentarim, The Harpers, Cormyr, Sembia, Waterdeep, Drizzt.
Allies: The Shadow Thieves, Red Wizards of Thay, The Banite Church, City-of-Traders
yak,yak,yak,yak

It's Darkshade, boy . Don't they teach you to read in Icepick school.
Your comments display a high level of sophistication and erudite consideration of all the myriad implications of what you speak.
Suffice it to say, the truth remains the same, despite the ravings of a few teenage evil wannabes!;) :lol:
Yes, paladins and rangers are goodies, if that implies the side of good, and good always wins. Bane AND the Zhents are both dead/lost causes, as they did not have the ultimate defence - answering machines.
But silly immature argument proves nothing. Suffice it to say that mine own good characters can handle any githyanki or Zhentilar.;)

Rather amusing, young Mikoyans character. A computer game creation,. I suppose:rolleyes: :p ;)

I'll go and look up one of my old men, if you like. Its in the file subtitled "Monty Haul":D

This is all very impressive gents, but where's the challenge in playing with these superheroes? What do you have to fight to lose a single hitpoint? It must get really boring for your DM when you start to play and he goes "You enter the dungeon and are confronted by another 8 zillion dragons", to which you respond "I pull out my big sword of instant death to all dragons and they erm, all die. That'll be another 4 billion XP and I shoot up another 26 levels. Thanks". Characters are supposed to retire when they get too good. They are also supposed to lose their (fighting, at least) abilities as they get older and less mobile. When you are walking round with more magical items than can be stuffed into the elven equivalent of the British Museum then the game would appear to have become a little pointless and no challenge. If you can kill a demon god just by looking at him then your character is too good, the vagaries of a bad dice roll hold no peril and there is no challenge.
The DMs I played with (AD&D only - ;) Darkshade) would regularly cause you to get drunk in taverns and have your pockets picked of magic items or for them to lose their power like the resources do in Civ 3. The more you use them, the less effective they should be. You'd have to complete some pretty impressive quest to convince a friendly wizard to recharge your ice blade or whatever. The way you play it sounds dull and no challenge. Have you ever lost a character of higher than level 8? My first ever character was a dwarf warrior and he died in the first ever fight, but I played again. It's not the winning, it's the roleplaying. Besides, you can always rejoin the quest at a later stage as someone the other characters meet in a bar. This sometimes allows you to start at a level higher than just one as if your friends are battling ogres and so forth then a level one character won't last long. Roleplaying games are co-operative, not competitive!

Top Bottom