Forgotten Realms

Heheh! I will fight up to the 40th level and then challenge Bane, and i will have my chance of becoming the new Lord of Strife.
My char is Level 32, and Dragons are still a pain in the butt, since most of them have 25 points in all categories, they are practically immune to all spells and +2 weapons or less, and those Balors are still put up quite a fight.

I could not concur more, Duke, but I fear our little friend kind of missed the point. Oh well, it takes all types. I remember once I queried an individual who was acting full of himself on the matter what the "role" in "role-playing" stood for, and he replied "the role of the dice; you roll them.":rolleyes: :lol:
I've had high characters, and low characters, and whilst high powered gaming is fun, too much transforms it into a jaded Monty Haul hack and slash fest. Sort of like a computer game, really...

As for being impressed by a 32nd level stripling:lol:
We used to play 1st edition, love, the Bloodstone series. We went into hell with 100th level characters and took down Orcus. But that was in the good old days. Also did Wrath of the Immortals in original D&D.

And as far as I am concerned, Bane died in Tantras during the TT.:p

I say the character sucks not b/c it is high in level but b/c it has exceptional strength, and exceptional strength can mean only one thing.

I have had a character make it up to the 22nd level and he was finally retired at the age of 90 something. He went evil and was sucking the life out of people in order to maintain his youth. He looked around 30ish and was a Dragon Slayer (a fighter, basically).

I find it more fun to play a character from 1st level as far as the campaign goes. I like the long campaigns that don't seem to end, but they are so hard for the DM to maintain.

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade

Yes, paladins and rangers are goodies, if that implies the side of good, and good always wins.

Good and evil, both will eventually fail. There are probably a huge majority of people of neutral alignment throughout the realms. Besides, rangers can worship Malar, who is CHAOTIC EVIL.

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade

Bane AND the Zhents are both dead/lost causes, as they did not have the ultimate defence - answering machines.

Vital for co-ordinating an ambush of the writer of an (as of yet) unfinished Forgotten Realm books!

One day all the Gods will slip up, plunging Toril into eternal warfare. Then Tempus will rule!
If not, Gond will fill the world with his inventions, Kossuth will burn the un-faithful and Kelemvor shall judge all who die!
Neutrals are necessary. Remember Mystra was a neutral, and could be again if the current one dies......

P.S. I am not a druid supporter!

Icepick Trotsky! I asked you two questions. One, if he was a Zhent. You said yes. Then I said Semmemon and you said yes.

As for weapons, each to his own. I am a great supporter of magic and Psionic powers. We were talking about BGII and I immediately thought of Crom Faeyr. A weapon is strong dependant on its +1+2 etc, its special abilities and a charecters proficency in it. A halfing wielding a huge war-hammer? What if it wore gloves that increased its strength? It could then spin around and fling the warhammer. How good would a giant do with a dagger?

I thought you hated blue creatures too? Xwarts (Spel?)

The DMs I played with (AD&D only - Darkshade) would regularly cause you to get drunk in taverns and have your pockets picked of magic items or for them to lose their power like the resources do in Civ 3. The more you use them, the less effective they should be. You'd have to complete some pretty impressive quest to convince a friendly wizard to recharge your ice blade or whatever. The way you play it sounds dull and no challenge.

My character has since died, but her daughter now possesses her items, and she is only level 3.

Since becoming DM, I have tried this get-the-party-drunk-and-have-their-items-stolen trick, but one players thief caught on.

When I asked what they were having, the thief said he wasn't thirsty. He also said he'd have his hands in his pockets all night unless he ended up in combat.

Damn!

In the end the mage (my assassins OTHER daughter, being played by someone else) got so drunk she (under the DM's expert control) somehow managed to cast gate, right in the middle of the tavern!

What pised me off was that the priest was wearing a ring that gave protection from evil in a 10 foot radius. Their sober thief managed to gather everyone together and save them. AHHH!:mad:

Originally posted by Mikoyan
Hundreds upon Hundreds of Zhent agents and mercenaries has fallen before my blade!
Zhentarim....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
Amateur villains if there ever was any... I am not very fond of Harpers, but they could kick your silly arses any day of the week.
One day the Banites will grow stronger than both those mo-fo organizations, and then you'll see, unbeliever!

You fool!

The zhents are ruled by a chosen of bane and a fallen paladin of bane!

That is the only reason the harpers beat the Zhents, Bad leadership!

Hahahaha!

So you think that just giving the halfling strength is enough to keep his feet on the ground!

"You canna' change the laws of physics, Jim"

I seen a house fly, hell I've even seen an elephant fly but i aint' never seen a halfling fly! lol.

:lol:

Originally posted by Icepick Trotsky

You fool!

The zhents are ruled by a chosen of bane and a fallen paladin of bane!

That is the only reason the harpers beat the Zhents, Bad leadership!

Hahahaha!
The only resaon your 'Zhents' got their tails kicked, was because your boys are totally incompetent, whenever i approach a Zhent agent, he seems to feel uneasy and starts to defend himself with badly chosen words, and since i don't like those guys, i unsheath my Zhent-wacking Sword and turn him into 1, 634 pieces.
Fool!

Originally posted by Icepick Trotsky
So you think that just giving the halfling strength is enough to keep his feet on the ground!

Never said he'd keep his feet on the ground!

I seen a house fly, hell I've even seen an elephant fly but i aint' never seen a halfling fly! lol.

:lol: [/B]

The latest siege weapon!:D

Originally posted by Mikoyan

The only resaon your 'Zhents' got their tails kicked, was because your boys are totally incompetent, whenever i approach a Zhent agent, he seems to feel uneasy and starts to defend himself with badly chosen words, and since i don't like those guys, i unsheath my Zhent-wacking Sword and turn him into 1, 634 pieces.
Fool!
[/IMG]

Uh huh! You beat Zhents! ha! You would have to learn to fight before you can do that!

P.S. if Manshoon or one of the Manshoon's took back over the Zhents, He and Semmemon would whip your smelly butt and all of the harpers smelly butts then move on to more minor people, such as Bane and Yourself!

Bwahahaha!:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Sixchan
Since becoming DM, I have tried this get-the-party-drunk-and-have-their-items-stolen trick, but one players thief caught on.

This is fine - at least he's playing to character. I hope that in future he is paranoid about having his pockets picked. Mind you, a thief is less likely to get into some drinking fun than a fighter or even a wizard or cleric (depending on religion, obviously). He would also have a much better modifier to catch someone picking his pocket, because it's the sort of thing he grew up doing. Whether he'd be able to spot a thief pisking another character's pocket is another matter. You could have him notice a potential thief take something (gold, or something worthless, but he doesn't know that yet) and then if he chooses to make chase, the real target of the robbery is stolen while he and whoever else is out chasing this unfortunate thief. So the character spots a half-elf acting suspiciously and then taking something from his companion's bag (no need to roll to test for this as you want it to happen - try making a "false" roll anyway and ignoring the result). Presumably the character will jump up and shout at the half-elf, who immediately makes a break for the (conveniently unguarded) door. Should the characters chase the half-elf then whichever magic item you thought they could do without was stolen while they were out, or if they decide to pick up their bags before making chase then the thief automatically gets away and the item stolen turns out to be the one they were meant to lose. Obviously, this doesn't work if you want them to lose a magic sword or a ring that one happened to be wearing, but for amulets and scrolls and so forth then it's ideal. If they obstinately refuse to allow you the opportunity to take away a magic item then you'll just have to use the old technique of magically-aided thieves while they're asleep, but this can set up a cool new quest as they go to hunt down the wizard who sent these spectral thieves. They may or may not be allowed to regain the item in question, but if not then allow them some more to "replace" it. Obviously four +1 swords are nowhere near as good as a +4 sword, but this might make up for the loss of the item. ;)

I would always have my character inebriated!
It's much more fun to be walking down an alley when an Orc jumps out at you and you look at it and after a brief pause start laughing!

It's so fun!

Then you spin round and lop it's ______ head off!
Fun!

Or dependant on how drunk you are, 5 orcs!

Do orcs usually jump out in front of you when you go to your local D&D tavern? Not the Xvart servents of Mikoyan!

Xvarts! Xvarts! Those ugly blue things!

Thry are short, ugly and blue! Those are three good reasons to kill the blighters!

Mikoyan your soul and xvarts are mine!

Top Bottom