Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class: Monk
Favorite Weapon(s): Fists
Level: 23
Most powerful kill: Shadow Dragon
Number of Kills: 346
Religion: Banite, of course
Special Abilities: Draw Upon holy Might, Stunning Blow, Quivering Palm, Summon Banshee

STR: 16
DEX: 18
CON: 18
INT: 18
WIS: 15
CHA: 9

THAC0: -5
AC: -8
Place of Birth: Crimmor, Amn
Weapons: Scarlet Ninja-To, Longsword
Armor: Tzu-San's Bracers, Wong Fei's Ioun Stone, Nymph Skin Cloak (Immune to Fear), Gargoyle Boots (Stoneskin 3 times/day).
Misc: Amulet of Seldarine, Ring of Gaxx, Ring of Prot. +2
Enemies: The Drow City of Ust'Natha, Order of the Radiant Heart, The Harpers, The Cowled Wizards of Athkatla, Night Knives
Allies: Shadow Thieves, Red Wizards of Thay, The Banite Church
YAK,YAK,YAK,YAK,YAK

Hmmm....

How did you get his stats? Which option do you prefer to calculate each one? 3D6 or D20 ignoring 1, 2, 19 and 20? Do you announce "Strength" before rolling or do you roll all six and then choose which roll goes with which attribute?
My preference was to roll 3D6 in order as then you couldn't just get a couple of good scores and say "Well I got an 18 so I think I'll have a Paladin. Stick that on charisma then". If you do it like that then you will always end up with the same kind of character roughly. Obviously you'll have an idea of what sort you want before rolling and will then choose depending on this, but you'll find that both your wizard, your thief and your fighter all have WIS as their lowest score to start with. Random is the way to go! I also object to your listing the attributes like that. You should just put your base stats and then include the modifiers as part of the magic items description. I doubt anyone would believe you rolled three 18s, a 15 and a 16 just like that.
Another feature I like is that the players do not have the opportunity to consult one another before they roll so there is always the possibility that you will end up with a party of 5 thieves or even better, 5 clerics of different religions! The scraps in some parties I've had between chaotic neutral characters and more patient types have been hilarious! You should try to get a mix, but be aware that the party would more than likely fragment after they'd achieved their first quest so it may require alteration to ensure that the amusing rows do not break up the party. Two characters falling in love is always a good one - opposites attract! :lol:

Something just gives me a nagging hint that this character is from a computer game, rather than AD&D itself. I'd like to meet the DM that allowed that one:lol: ;)
I have a few in the archive that would have that one for entree, though:p
Might dig them up if I can be bothered going back to the old days of playing alongside Monty Haul himself.:D

Tomorrow I will. Almost 4am now. Have a collection of about 70 actually...:lol: Which one do you want to see, silly little 23rd level;) :p ?

Originally posted by Mikoyan
Im quite bored now, so i'll post the details of my current character :rolleyes:

Name: Black Angus
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class: Monk
Favorite Weapon(s): Fists
Level: 23
Most powerful kill: Shadow Dragon
Number of Kills: 346
Religion: Banite, of course
Special Abilities: Draw Upon holy Might, Stunning Blow, Quivering Palm, Summon Banshee

CON: 18
WIS: 15
CHA: 9

THAC0: -5
AC: -8
Place of Birth: Crimmor, Amn
Weapons: Scarlet Ninja-To, Longsword
Armor: Tzu-San's Bracers, Wong Fei's Ioun Stone, Nymph Skin Cloak (Immune to Fear), Gargoyle Boots (Stoneskin 3 times/day).
Misc: Amulet of Seldarine, Ring of Gaxx, Ring of Prot. +2
Enemies: The Drow City of Ust'Natha, Order of the Radiant Heart, The Harpers, The Cowled Wizards of Athkatla, Night Knives
Allies: Shadow Thieves, Red Wizards of Thay, The Banite Church
YAK,YAK,YAK,YAK,YAK

Mikoyan have you ever played D&D.
This is a Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhall character!
Either that or you are playing a really unoriginal game of D&D.

So you can't rally call Simon Darkshade out because his D&D characters will be better and a lot more powerful because they are more original and don't have the same weapons as the other couple of million characters out there from BG2.

Mikoyan have you ever played D&D.
1. No. I have never had the oppurtunity to play real D&D, since none of my friends are into that stuff.
This is a Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhall character!
2. Oh, really, how ON EARTH could you tell? :rolleyes:
So you can't rally call Simon Darkshade out because his D&D characters will be better and a lot more powerful because they are more original and don't have the same weapons as the other couple of million characters out there from BG2.
Uh? Excuse me, but what are you talking about? :rolleyes:

YAK! YAK! YAK! YAK! YAK!

It isn't really a fair comparison, a computer game character against an actual FRPG one. Here are a couple.

1.) Sir Rillian Sartan aka Sir Rillian Goldenblade

hm LG 35th level Paladin of Torm 6'4'' 240lbs Blond Hair Blue Eyes
Str 20 Con 19 Dex 17 Wis 19 Intell 17 Cha 20 HP:210 AC:-10 THACO: -9

Abilities: Multiple Weapon Specialization, 1d12hp, Building, Circle of Power, Curative, Detect Evil, Dispel Evil, Faithful Mount, Fiend Slayer, Increased Movement, Detect Fiend, Magic Resistance (70%), Health, Healing(Double Strength), High Wisdom Bonus, Holy Assistance, Holy Defender, Leadership, Lower planar vanquisher, Poison resistance, Priest spells, Protection from evil, Resist Fiendish Magics, Resist Charm, Saving Throw Bonus, Spell Resistance, Supervisor, Turn Undead, War Machines, Smite Evil.

WP: Long Sword (Grand Master) 2H Sword (Master), Battle Axe, Dagger, Horseman's Mace, Horseman's Flail, Warhammer, Heavy Horse Lance (Master), Jousting Lance (Spec), Short Sword

Saving Throws: All VERY low. ;)

Equipment: Full Plate Armor +5 of Faith
Sheild of Faith
Sword of the Golden Lion
Scabbard of the Paladin
Heavy Horse Lance +3
Silver Dagger +5
Gauntlets of Holy Strength Red Warcloak
Ring of Holy Shielding
Platinum Amulet

Current Whereabouts: The Castle of the Golden Lion, Senlund.

2.) King Ragnar Dragonhelm

dm LG 36th level Fighter 4'7'' 192lbs Red/Brown Hair Blue Eyes
Str 24 Dex 16 Con 23 Wis 15 Intell 15 Cha 16 HP:234 AC:-10 THACO:-10

Abilities: Dwarven MR, Dwarven Languages, Dwarven Combat Bonus, Infravision, Underground Skills, Bonus with Axes and Warhammers, Attract Followers, Building, 1d12 for hp, Improved THACO, Increased Movement, Leadership, Move Silently, Multiple Specialization, Poison Resistance, Proficiency Ease, Spell Resistance, Supervisor, War Machines.
Ambidextrous

WP: Dwarven Battleaxe(Grand Master), Warhammer(Master), Battlehammer (Grand Master), Shortsword, Dagger, Blunderbuss, Footman's Mace, Hand Axe, Heavy Crossbow (spec)

Saving Throws: All 1 or less

Equipment: Dwarven Full Mithril Plate Armor +5
The Dragonhelm
Dwarven Battleaxe +5 "Kham-Khazad"
Dwarven Battlehammer +5 "Sigmar" (w. Thrower ability)
Axe of Hurling +4
Warhammer of Ragnar + 4
Dagger of Throwing
Dwarven Crossbow of Speed +4
Dwarven Horn of Victory
10 Explode Stones
2 Jars of Oil of Sculpting
Grand Girdle of Dwarvenkind
Gauntlets of Clangeddin

Current Whereabouts: The Dwarven Kingdom of Torathain.

There. Both bona fide characters who "lived" for many years. Hope that this will halt the p1ssing contest, as everyone naturally thinks their characters are the best. But it is all just personal opinion and perspective.

What in the world is 2 Jars of Oil of Sculpting?

Is is something to do with Pygmalion? :lol:
Wow! Those characters seem particularly good, but the fact that they are both retired means that they aren't unnecessarily powerful. Your 42 year old Paladin does still seem to have a Strength of 20, a Constitution of 19 and a Dexterity of 17, which is remarkable for someone of that age. A strength of 15 is well above average in the AD&D world so for a 42 year old man to have a strength of 20 beggars belief. Physical attributes like these have to decrease over time (obviously taking longer to do so for elves and dwarves), and the mental attributes should have the possibility of rising. Unless you were repeated struck on the head by a warhammer during one of your adventures, in which case they could be calculated on a D6. One of the things that I found when playing is that DMs don't often take age into account, and so you have advanced characters, both in level and in age, that are still running round as though they are the 17 year old level 1s they started out as (this for humans). I wouldn't imagine that the life expectancy in the AD&D world is much above 30, even for those people who don't go out and get into fights. Even in the world today, life expectancy is very low in many countries and in medieval times it was uniformly low so the AD&D game world should reflect this.
Well, it's not quite the same as the middle ages in Europe, but the majority of the gunpowder weapons you can get are useless, and although playing a duellist with an attitude can be fun, he has to be good with a sword as well as pistols as they often misfire or just plain miss. Arrogant characters are fun, and you can have some great insults to irritate NPCs with. :lol:

The Dexterity was an original roll, the Constitution is built up from three magical items (a manual of bodily health, a blessing from Torm and ten years training in the fighting school of the Archons.) The Strength is from his Gauntlets. It's magical in its origins
I would have typed in the powers of the various items, but that would take a while.
He was on the road from 15 to 42, though, and fought on 21 different planes, originally being planar born. The characters were made with the Planescape Spells and Powers options, which was that new development of 2nd Edition that was brought out in about 1996, but moved to the Realms later.
This pair, and the rest of their party, some seven others, who will be listed below, could be seen as pretty powerful, but it took a long time and many, many adventures and wars across the worlds for them to reach this status. The foes they faced were pretty powerful too, very powerful. But more enjoyable than that was the role playing, the marriage of two characters, and the continual interaction with an annoying taxman named John Sawnoff (who had an interesting blunderbuss...;)).

The Oil of Sculpting is a Dwarven magical item that is used to melt rock, for both artistic and unconventional purposes. It came from a Dragon Magazine article on Dwarven magic items; I think it was in the 190s.

I could pull out outrageous characters from the AD&D Gold Box Computer Game series, but a dual class Ranger/ Magic User 39th level/40th level with -23 AC is pushing it a bit far. I prefer the actual game to its computerized versions:D

Staying on the theme of BG, I'm just wondering if you would care to meet my cleric of Lathander? His armour class is -16 when turned into the Bhaal-spawn incarnate monster and his level is only 22.

So with Cormyr losing Azoun and many of its most competant people, how long till Sembia declares war? Or will the shades returned to the desert of Anauroch begin there grand batle plans with Cormyrian blood?

Who will declare war on Cormyr first?

Yes, show us your goody two-shoes cleric.
But first, i dumped my other characters to begin with this one:

Alarik Ravenclaw
Class: True Fighter
Level: 26
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Complexion: Light
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Weight: 200 lbs
CON: 16
WIS: 16
CHA: 7
Skills: Longsword (Grand Master), Dagger (Master), Sword and Shield Style (Proficient), Bastard Sword (Proficient)
Religion: Tempus
Weapon 1: Longsword +2 'Varscona'
Weapon 2: Firetooth +3 (Throwing Dagger)
Weapon 3: Jhor the Bleeder +3 (Bastard Sword)
Weapon 4: Life-Stealer +4 (Dagger)
Armor: Enkidu's Full Plate (AC -2, Immune to Backstab)
Hands: Gauntlets of Extraordinary Skills (Proficient with all Melee Weapons)
Head: Horned Helmet
Feet: Boots of the West
Back: Cloak of Balduran
Neck: Amulet of Seldarine
Ring1: Ring of Fire Control
Ring2: Ring of Gaxx
Shield: Sentinel +4
AC: -14
THAC0: -8
Birthplace: Iriaebor, Sunset Vale
Current Location: Marching Mountains
Allies: Shadow Thieves, Order of the Most Radiant Heart
Enemies: Red Wizards, Zhentarim, Tethyrian Government
Kills: 231
Most Powerful Kill: Kangaxx the Demi-Lich

YAK! YAK! BANANA! YAK! YAK!

Your character wears an amulet round his neck? He must have an exceptionally thin neck! :lol:
My half ostrich half elf thief will try to pick the lock of the pub door! 10 or more on 3D6, with -2 modifier for his drunken state. You roll a 5! He sticks his neck in the sand and refuses to come out. Ever. :lol:

Top Bottom