Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the barbarians. Leave it to the barbs to work four towns to full strength before popping borders.

Yeah, I'm sure a city that the enemy has just taken from us is producing TONS of gold for our treasury....

You can turn them off?? :eek:

Hit CTRL + O to bring up the Options screen and uncheck Advisor Popups. You can also remove Sid's Tips since they pretty much just reword what's written immediately above them.

My favorite setting, however, is Minimize Popups. This delays those popups asking you to set the production in a city if the queue goes empty or switch to a new civic option or change religions until the end of your turn. Instead of showing them immediately, it adds a little icon for each one to the right side of the screen. You can wait until you've moved all your units to address them all or click on one to address it.

The big benefit is that if you address the issue before the popup is displayed, it goes away immediately when it pops up at the end of your turn. So for example if you select a new tech to research by clicking on an icon at the top of the screen, the "Choose Technology to Research" popup will flash briefly on the screen at the end of your turn and disappear on its own since it no longer requires you to take action.

The main benefit of this feature is that you are free to move units, change build queues, or do anything else at the start of your turn. I can't count the number of times I've clicked the End Turn button thinking, "Okay, next turn I need to switch to OR," only to be bombarded by five popups at the start of my turn and forget to switch civics. :(

Not lolz funny, but still something new. This is the first time I've ever seen an AI move his capital.

He built the Versailles in his capital, which in turn prompts the AI to relocate it's capital.

He built the Versailles in his capital, which in turn prompts the AI to relocate it's capital.

Duh! That just proves how dumb an AI can be! It's a real expensive way to get a bit of extra culture in your capital (where you probably don't need extra culture because it's - um - your capital!) Then when the builders have finished Verssailles, the governement goes - uh - that didn't help, let's now go to the expense of building another palace so we can save some money! :-X

Not lolz funny, but still something new. This is the first time I've ever seen an AI move his capital.

What addon is that, if I may ask? I've tried downloading a Canadian Civ mod but it didn't work.

I should have thought of that. I noticed when I captured the city that it had Versailles, but was preoccupied over the free maintanence.
It's Civ Gold.

Here is my second attempt. These poor infantry are caught in the midst of an ICBM attack, and are in the midst of the incineration. First one is brighter than the second. Oh yeah, and does anyone know how to make these bigger?

Attachments

• Incineration.JPG
    Incineration.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 447
  • Incineration2.JPG
    Incineration2.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 337
Here is my second attempt. These poor infantry are caught in the midst of an ICBM attack, and are in the midst of the incineration. First one is brighter than the second. Oh yeah, and does anyone know how to make these bigger?

It's funny because there are still spearmen in your cities. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was too lazy to upgrade them. So what? The pic is still funny to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom