GGF4: French

The save at 1200AD

Preturn 1100AD: Science is running 0 At 40 turns for Chemistry, but we’re well behind in techs and it’s time to move up. Sci to 90%, Chem in 5 @ -9gpt. Upgrade 2 pikes to musket to try and coax the GA along.

IBT- Aztecs want 720g for Printing Press. Don’t think so. Lose an AC to Incan LBs

(1110AD) Turn 1: Capture New Cuzco at the cost of an elite knight. Change Poitiers to an aqueduct as it’s not growing @ size 6.

IBT- Local attack costs us an archer

(1120AD) Turn 2: Capture Tambo Colorado defended by 2 spears at the cost of a knight. Capture Tiwanaku defended by 3 muskets with a knight army. Capture a cat with that.

IBT- No attacks by the Inca

(1130AD) Turn 3: Andahuyalas falls to 2 knights, bagging 3 workers. Chuito defended by 2 pikes falls to our knights and AC along with 2 workers.

IBT- Lincoln wants our galley out of his area. Sure, Abe. Sumerians got Smiths. :(

(1140AD) Turn 4: Chemistry to 80%, due in 1. 4 muskets showing in Huamanga that are hit by trebs. 3 knights capture Juli defended by 2 spears and a LB. 2 knights capture Caxamulca defended by 2 spears. Now the big one, knights kill musket covered by a LB at Huaras and kill it. Musketeer fires on LB, wins, captures town and the GA begins. :) Science down to 50%, chemistry still in 1. Knight army captures Nasca defended by a pike and spear.

IBT- Chemistry in, Sci to 80%, metallurgy in 4.

(1150AD) Turn 5: Huamanga starved down to size 5 now, and the cats are having better luck. Defenders are down to 2 hp. 4 muskets, LB and cat fall to our knights and Magellan’s is now in our hands. :)

IBT- Arabia wants a deal: Engineering and 57 gold for Republic. No thanks.

(1160AD) Turn 6: Atico’s 2 muskets fall to our knights, we get 1gold, worker and gems. Move up the troops

IBT- Heroic Epic competes in Paris

(1170AD) Turn 7: Elite knight gets first use out of the Epic by defeating LB and creating our great leader DeGaulle! :) Huaca falls with 10 workers.

IBT- I have to start harbors all along the coast. Now we are taking boats, aren’t we? It’s a long swim to the other continents. ;)

(1180AD) Turn 8: Tamboccocha falls at the cost of a knight vs 2 spears. 3 gold captured. DeGaulle forms an army at Tambo Colorado.

IBT- Metallurgy completes, Zeus is obsolete, start Paris on the Pentagon in 12, Mil Tradition in 4. Maya and Sumerians are building Shakespeares.

(1190) Turn 9: Lose about 4 knights at Vilcas, but we collect 16 gold and the Incans are out of the picture. Open embassy with Maya for 78 gold. 8 pikes, 3LB and a knight, all vets, defending. They have iron, horse, NO salt. :p Shakespeare just started this turn, due in 23 @ 16spt. 8 happy, 3 unhappy citizens. Trade Mayan territory maps, plus they get 53gold. That may not have been necessary with the next deal, Chemistry to Aztecs for Press, WM, 44g, 11gpt. We see everything now, so that’s good. We can’t trade luxes for education because of our perfidity, so trade Aztecs metallurgy for education straight up, which stinks, but oh well. When we get Mil tradition, we can trade Monty MT for astronomy and whatever else, maybe banking. We need to get some galleons.

IBT- We love the Saint day breaks out in joyous celebration of the Inca’s demise!

(1200) Turn 10: Army to Gemtown to await Mil Tradition. End the right of passage with Iroquois. Add the town of New Chartres.

Post turn comments: We should be able to ride the tide for a bit, and run off some more 4-turn advances with the right trading thrown in. We can start tackling Iroquois at any time, now, or wait for MT, but we also need to get some boats collected on the east coast for our invasion force. Iroquois seem to have reg spears and archers, but little else. I think he’s trying to connect the iron @ St Regis to build MI, so we should deal with that quickly. Any thoughts on getting them to fight among themselves? Sumeria seems to be top-dog with Persia a close second. I’m thinking down the road, declare on Sumeria, bring in Maya and Persia so it’s a 2-front war, then get Mayan ROP and ship over the cavs from around Strasbourg. It’s about a 3 turn run, one-way. PLEASE don’t put 4 units in our army when the Pentagon completes, or galleons can’t transport it.

nice :hammer: m60 :) i'll try to get to it tomorrow or sunday night.

Roster update:
M60A3TTS <- just played
grahamiam <- UP
jb1964 <- on deck.

Preflight check: Everything looks good. Think we should concentrate on our continent/land area for now. I will try instead to instill hatred among the others as the are looking industrial.

Build an embassy in Persepolis (Persia). Building cannons. Have 5 muskets, a horseman, and 2 immortals defending. Has horses, iron, and salt.

Cancel our current deal with Sumeria (it had timed out) and declare war. Ally Maya vs Sumerian for 385g. Ally Persia vs Sumeria for Wines (trade route is sure).

Trades: Renegotiate Peace with the Vikings, getting Astronomy for gems, wines, and 48gpt.
Maya: 52gpt for our Ivory, Silks, and Gems (separate from alliance so if the route is cut, we won’t lose the MA)
Persia: 24gpt for Ivory, 24gpt for Silks. Furs for gems, WM and 536g
Celts: Dyes and 14g for Eng and PP
Aztecs: WM, 1gpt, 10g for WM
Vikings: 56gpt for ivory and salt

Move up units so I can get uppity with the Iroquios next turn.

IBT: Persia draws the Iroquois into it against Sumeria

T1: 1210AD Still moving up troops. Will launch in the NE next turn.
Celts and Persians sign vs Aztecs

T2: 1220AD :lol: Iroquois won’t even give into a demand of 2g. Well, we’ll be thru with them soon enough. Declare war on the Iroquois. Move up 2 armys in the NE and about 6 knights in the NW. MT in 1T, throttle back research to get +476g this turn.

IBT: Iroquois move up a bunch of junk.; MT -> physics @80%, 4T, +182gpt

T3: 1230AD Take Centrilia, Tonawanda, and St. Regis. All other towns out of range so I upgrade a ton of knights in Centrilia and Tona to Cav.
Trades: Aztec: Nav, 8gpt, and 16g for MT.

T4: 1240AD Take Cattaraugus and then kill a bunch of junk in the mountains. Use 2 cavs on Akwesasne, killing 2 spears but leaving at least 1 spear and 1 archer in town. Lower sci slider to 70%, physics still in 3T, +249gpt

T5: 1250AD Lower sci slider to 60%, physics still in 2T, +329gpt. Looks like Sumeria is getting the better of the Mayan. Sell Mayan iron for 2gpt and WM (I don’t want to cripple his economy)
Other trades: Vikings: WM, 1gpt, and 30g for WM
Take Akwesasne and Oil Springs

IBT: America and Sumeria sign a trade embargo against us, not that we really care.

T6: 1255AD Lower sci slider to 40%, physics still in 1T, +493gpt.

IBT: Physics; Renegotiate Peace with Maya getting Mag for 108gpt; Buy Banking and WM from the Vikings for Mag.

T7: 1260AD Set Sci for ToG @ 70%, 4T, +137gpt; Take the last 2 Iroquois towns after capturing all the workers that I can find.

T8: 1265AD nada. Troops rotating over so we can load up and take the Arabs on.

T9: 1270AD Renew wines deal with Maya, upping the price from 14gpt to 23gpt.

T10: 1275AD ditto.
We now have 8 cav in 2 galleons poised to land in Arabic lands. Recommend we take along the knight army close to Tambo to provide cover.

I was thinking that we should build a town 2T W of Akwesasne so we can load/unload troops between the new town and Mecca. Should make the conquest of the little island much nicer.

You can trade salt to Maya for around 36gpt if desired.

Recommend we research Steam next.

There are 2 Sumerian ships trolling around New Cuzco. Watchout. I have 2 privateers being build. We may want to have a swarm of privateers (around 6-8) to take out any galleons that come our way. We can also use them to disrupt Persian ships as well.

Nice turns.

Welcome M60! Invite your friends.

I'm considering gogf an autoskip until he notifies us otherwise. Will grab this evening.

BTW, I hear GD Land Systems is working in the next generation of tank. Is this up your alley?

Played one turn last night.

We're at war w/ the Arabs and have landed 8 Cav on a mountain w/ 8 more to follow next turn.

If I can trade for Republic do either of you have an interest in switching goverments in the interest of revenue generation?

jb1964 said:
Played one turn last night.

We're at war w/ the Arabs and have landed 8 Cav on a mountain w/ 8 more to follow next turn.

If I can trade for Republic do either of you have an interest in switching goverments in the interest of revenue generation?
i saw that trade too but i don't really see the point. we're in conquest mode right now and in the GA. we do not want to go into anarchy while in the GA, this will waste too much research time and money. perhaps after, but I don't see the need in the game as the AI doesn't seem too far into the IA. also, we will have a lot of lux's after the celts and arabs are wiped out so we can probably start disbanding mp's, thus saving money. that, plus not worrying about WW, will probably make Monarchy ideal for this game.

also, my intent was to land the knight army near tambo with the cav so they would be protected (the arabs won't attack a knight army). hope those 8 cav don't get wiped out :)

I agree with staying at Monarchy from a practical standpoint, although France has been a Republic now for a couple hundred years.

@jb: Haven't been on a tank in a lot of years, but that version was my last ride. AS far as gogf, he should just be dropped from the roster. We'll get done quicker that way.

I'm back in CT!

Yup, I've got a fast computer, and a fast internet again.

However, I need a few days to catch up on slightly more mandatory things here, so put me on deck. Finally back to my SG!

Pre-Turn, 1275 AD
IBT: Arabs and Persia sign an agreement against the Aztecs. The Arabs declare on the Aztecs
TOG comes in and we head for Steam. At 100% we get it in 6 turns and a per turn loss of 85gpt, which we can afford.
The Pentagon is built.

Turn 1, 1280 AD
Trade TOG to Celts for Economics and change.
Declare on Arabs.
Land Cavs on Arab mountain and pick up 8 more for landing next turn.

IBT – Arabia and Persia have allied against Sumeria. Persia wants an audience. They want to trade TM’s straight but we get TM for WM + 1g.

Turn 2, 1285 AD
7 cavalry attack Damascus and take it w/ one loss. Attacker are healing while the other 9 units await the arrival of our armies.

IBT – Three cavalry get visits from Arab MI. No losses, one retreat.

Turn 3, 1290 AD
Attack on Mecca begins w/ the death of an Arab pike. Knight army protecting healing cavalry.
Brennus gives us 3gpt and 40g for our WM. Generous of him.

IBT - Zzz

Turn 4, 1295 AD
Cav army kills off another two pikes in Mecca at the cost of 5hp and decides to heal while the rest of the forces take a shot. 5 more cav take out 4 defenders and Mecca is ours w/ an intact barracks. More troops land in the ports of Mecca.

IBT – Arab sword attacks garrison at Mecca and dies. Archer pillages a tile and three MI show up for execution.
Our GA has ended.

Turn 5, 1300 AD
I spoke too soon. Units standing in the desert go nuts from the heat and beat the daylights out of our cavalry. One MI kills off two of our cavs. The highlight was the victory by our elite knight, now named Sir Robin, and the creation of another army.
We trade Brennus Banking for Republic, WM and 16g. He won’t get the chance to take advantage of the added income.
Steam in 4 turns w/ research at 70%. Not enough income to keep it higher and bring it in any sooner.

IBT – Smoke want to talk w/ us and we find that he has been smoking something. He wants 23gpt for a MPP and RoP. *Cough* We sell him our WM for 1g.

Turn 6, 1305 AD
Najran falls at the cost of 3 cavalry.
The Persians have learned Steam Power but have yet to trade it away.

IBT – Aztec and Maya sign an MPP against Sumeria. Poor Gilgadude. Persians finish Shakespeare’s.

Turn 7, 1310 AD
2 swords and an archer are killed outside the gates of Najran.
New cavalry army moves on Medina and takes out two pikes and gets a promotion to elite but takes 5 hits (8/13) so we fortify. Four more cav units take Medina.
Knight army move North from defending Damascus and covers cavs. Cav army moves into the city to defend and heal.
Former Arab cities are burning. We care not.
Steam still only in Persian hands.
Bumping research to 80% bring in Steam next turn.

IBT – Steam comes in and we set our sights for Industry.

Turn 8, 1315 AD
Volcano goes active below Pompei.
The people want to build Iron Works in Whaleville. Not gonna happen.
Baghdad falls and the remnant of the Arabs run to Basra, their last city.
No good offers for Steam.

IBT - Zzzzz

Turn 9, 1320 AD
Two spears in Basra get crushed under the hooves of our cav army and….

Next target is Brennus. We have one more turn on a Dyes deal and 13, or so, on his 3pgt for our WM. Would burning his payment w/ war give us a rep hit?
Seems our rep is already dirt as I can’t get the Vikes to consider a gpt deal. Fine, Steam to the Vikes for Music, 11g and incense.
Smoke is researching Steam and must be close because he’s offering nothing.
Xerxes is missing coal and will trade 15gpt for our extra. I’ll sit on this for now.
Our alliances vs. the Sumerians ends next turn.

IBT – Great, Celts and Persia sign an MPP. The trade embargo of us by the Americans and Sumerians ends when the Vikings kill off the Americans.
Many we love the Saint days.
Celts cut off our supply of dyes.

Turn 10, 1325 AD
:sleep:

Check for deals because I didn't.

good turns jb :hammer: looks like we're 1 turn late on the celts. i would wait till that MPP wears out before attacking the celts now. lets just keep the knight army's up there, and get the cavs shipped over to the other continent so we can start cleaning out the sumerians :)

Let's slot gogf in behind M60, hopefully he can get his stuff sorted out by then.

Roster update:
M60A3TTS <- UP
gogf <- on deck
grahamiam
jb1964 <- just played

Nice quick execution of the Arabs. I'll grab it tonight, and see what there is to do over on the other continent.

There are 4-5 Galley's on the eastern shoreline of the celtic continent to transport the forces.

There are also 3-4 Galley's on our eastern most city on the main continent that are partially loaded. I threw in a few odd elite units for GL generation.

We need some more workers to put down rails.

Consider all current builds as placeholders.

The save at 1275AD

Preturn: Swap Paris build from cav to Military Academy due in 16. We’re building Privateers, we need a couple more galleons, so swap a build or two there.

IBT- Scandanavia and Persia ally against Aztecs. Lose our furs, and Persia won’t trade. Scandanavia allies with Sumeria against Maya.

1330/Turn 1: Some worker movement. No deals to be had as the Celts have blown our rep

IBT- Ragnar cancels out of a GPT deal for our luxes.

1335/Turn 2: More worker actions.

IBT- zzzz

1340/Turn 3: Same

IBT-zzz

1345/Turn 4: Same

IBT- 2 Sumerian Frigates and a galleon show up on the west coast.

1350/Turn 5: Same

IBT- Persia and Sumeria sign peace treaty

1355/Turn 6 : Same

IBT- Sumerian galleon doesn’t drop anything off

1360/Turn 7: A privateer gets to kill a Mayan galley.

IBT- Sumerians drop off a cav by Damascus

1365/Turn 8: Kill the cav with an army

IBT- Ship movement, about it

1370/Turn 9: More railroads

IBT: Price of wine drops as we have to renegotiate wine deal with Maya at only 13gpt.

1375/Turn 10: Aargh! Sink an Aztec Galley and capture a prize.

Post turn: That was the most dull set of turns I’ve had in a while. Just built railroads essentially. The line runs from Strasbourg in the Southeast to Huaca in the Northwest. Northeast we are up to New Chartres and Southwest to NoBarbsHere. Peace with Celts is up in 3. We can feed all the cav we need to galleons off the coast north of St Regis. Be advised Sumerian frigates just left that area. Stacked a number of cav in Strasbourg.

1020 gold +25gpt, electricity in 10. We have a trading option open for discussion. We have a monopoly on industry. Persia will trade medicine, furs, 447g and +52gpt. Maya will trade medicine and furs +452g. If we traded to Persia, we might be able to get nationalism from Maya, if we want to trade it at all. Paris has Military Academy due in 5, that could be changed to US in 18. We should probably get workers building up Lyons and Rouen so we can get the factories down and then start a palace pre-build for ToE.

looks good M60. i agree with the research path, but we need to find a beachhead to land and start in on the Sumerians. I would leave the celts to about 10 cav and the 2 knight armys. The rest of our forces should try to get the Sumerians, but we probably need more privateers or frigates to clear the shipping lane.

Roster update:
M60A3TTS <- just played
gogf <- UP
grahamiam <- on deck
jb1964

i see gogf has missed his 24hrs again :rolleyes: , however, i won't be able to take this till Monday so if he shows up, he can grab it.

Oh, I was up :wallbash:? Sorry, I don't spend any time lurking in the SG forum anymore, so could I request a favor in the future? When I'm up, please send me a PM. If you need to contact me immediately for any reason, contact me at GCF, it's about ten times as fast, and I have more storage space there (I only have one message space left here).

Okay, I'll play a little later this morning. Sorry about that...

:rolleyes: According to Grahamiam, he can't play until Monday, so I should take my time. It was taking longer than I thought, and I've been occupied the rest of the day, so I won't be able to finish today. Will be done by Monday, though. Sorry.

Top Bottom