Gift of Kylorin feedback

Kael

Deity
Post your feedback for this scenario here.

The intent of this scenario is that it is a tutorial for spell casting. Something to ease new players into FfH.

Crashes everytime I've tried to start it--other scenarios seem fine so far.

---ugh scratch that... must be coincidence that the first two loads ended up in CTDs and the 3rd was fine lol

Spoiler :
someone has to explain meshabber's riddle to me... I stared at it for a full 5 mins and had absolutely no clue on what it really meant and had to *cough* go to trial and error

.. heisenberg, in the text, scroll down ...

Anoying thing is besides the crashing issue (I started the scenario from the folder instead from within the game) is when you die, all the "end windows" shows and one of them gives you the map. Okey I should have thought about that (and don't look so much at the map, but a couple seconds was enough), but normally I never "dies" and then load a save game to try again. Perhaps not the most important scenario to know the map in (or is it). I realise that this is probably nothing that can be solved, so let it be a warning for those that haven't played the scenario yet.

Played the scenario and finished. Only issue is the riddle - it isn't terribly clear, even for a riddle. I'm guessing the five colors are red, black, green, gray and...? The five drinks are ale, grog, wine, water, and...? Then there's a pit, a cave, a dungeon, cliffs, a bed, and a tree? I'm suggesting a rewrite along these lines that would at least clarify some of the clue relations.

If you would pass beyond this door
Answer this riddle of forgotten lore
Five of each, beast, lair, color and drink
Which is which, is that all, d'you think?
The question asked of the quester be,
Which of these likes to snack on thee?

Satyr, Naga, Werewolf, Harpy,
And golem are the five you see.

...And that's all I've got so far. If the scenario authors want to fill me in on the clue-puzzle relation, then I suppose I could write out the riddle with clues more clearly filled in. As it is, the thing just turned into a guessing game. I think the riddle could be shortened without giving too much away, and that would yield a more concise logic puzzle.

or I could simply be an obtuse m'f'er that couldn't see past an obvious solution.

I couldn't get the riddle either. I just reverted to trial-and-error.

Also, am I the only person who can't kill the Stoneskin Ogre? Am I missing something? Is there some way to kill or bypass the ogre? Maelstrom often doesn't do enough damage to permanently harm it, and fireballs just do nothing. Did I miss a treasure chest somewhere?

I couldn't get the riddle either. I just reverted to trial-and-error.

Also, am I the only person who can't kill the Stoneskin Ogre? Am I missing something? Is there some way to kill or bypass the ogre? Maelstrom often doesn't do enough damage to permanently harm it, and fireballs just do nothing. Did I miss a treasure chest somewhere?

I didn't kill it. I won't spoil it for you but you should look better near him... I ask the same though, I left the tar monster alone, did I miss something?

also

Spoiler :
I left the clockwork golem alone, I think I *could* kill him but he got 2 mov so I just ran away

I solved the riddle by trial and error too :p

I didn't kill it. I won't spoil it for you but you should look better near him... I ask the same though, I left the tar monster alone, did I miss something?

also

Spoiler :
I left the clockwork golem alone, I think I *could* kill him but he got 2 mov so I just ran away

I solved the riddle by trial and error too :p

I killed the tar demon, you just missed three overs without the held promotion.

But
Spoiler :
how do I get to the room with the skeletons?

I liked the riddle. It wasn't trivial but didn't require any special knowledge that you can't expect a player of a fantasy strategy game to have. We all know what Nagas are, right?

Pointing out that the places have an internal relation (id est they are ordered from left to right) might save some frustration though.

I started with making a five by five grid to fill in whatever facts I figured out.
Spoiler :

Then I figured out the order of dwellings. Filled in the easy stuff.
Spoiler :

The information was organized in pairs, for instance the beer drinker likes brown.

Three or four of those taken together can only be placed in the grid in one way. All that remains is filling in the rest and the empty space is human favourite food.

Or one could guess.

So isn't the 'Awe' of your people enough for you, eh?

..I tell you what: while playing Hearts of Iron 2, I captured Berlin by an elite cadre of paratroopers. I was playing Ireland. THAT time "Awe" of my people was more than enough for me :)...

And.. well, you see, that's a CRPG-style scenario. In RPG you always wait for some reward for crashing enemies, who were not designed for defeat :)

Of course, it's OK, if there's no reward. Scenario is still great.

..I tell you what: while playing Hearts of Iron 2, I captured Berlin by an elite cadre of paratroopers. I was playing Ireland. THAT time "Awe" of my people was more than enough for me :)...

And.. well, you see, that's a CRPG-style scenario. In RPG you always wait for some reward for crashing enemies, who were not designed for defeat :)

Of course, it's OK, if there's no reward. Scenario is still great.
Regarding this ...
Spoiler :
I did it the hard way (killed most things on map) and for no appearant reason as it seams.

Got the correct answer of the riddle after 5 tries ;)

Sidar got killed before I got to it =( I got a lucky shot at the Clockwork Golem with my Fireball though. Liked this scenario =)

Got the correct answer of the riddle after 5 tries ;)

Sidar got killed before I got to it =( I got a lucky shot at the Clockwork Golem with my Fireball though. Liked this scenario =)

I almost used the trophy system to track failed responses and made meshabber offer more insulting comments as it went on. I might still add that.

i LIKE that idea, not all trophies are good ones. For example in elementary school you got a ribbon for up to 6th place. Believe me it is not fun to be number 6..., but I got my Trophy. Problem here is the fact that I would make the wrong answer just so I can get a laugh out of Meshabber responses. =)

Top Bottom