Graphics Modification Requests Thread

I am looking for some items I can add to (civil) unit graphics:
A telescope:

A calculator

and a Abacus

It is for some kind of new great persons (different kind of scientists), so it need not to be too detailed, but should be recognizable if carried by a person in the Civilipedia.

I found an alternative for the calculator by reskinning the CEO Case to a noteboot, so I don't need this anymore. :)

I am looking for some items I can add to (civil) unit graphics:
A telescope:

A calculator

and a Abacus

It is for some kind of new great persons (different kind of scientists), so it need not to be too detailed, but should be recognizable if carried by a person in the Civilipedia.
I put together some simple version of an abacus and a spyglass with Blender, hope they work well for you. :)

Attachments

• abacus_and_spyglass.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 5
The Abacus works fine.
The spyglass did not appear in my first test, but I think this was due to a mistake made by me (I added it only to the noshader.nif, but this unit also had a shader-nif).

Now there is another problem. The guy with the notebook did not work correct. I think this is because I removed a bone from the suitcase. Can someone fix it?

Attachments

• modern_mathematik.7z
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
The Abacus works fine.
The spyglass did not appear in my first test, but I think this was due to a mistake made by me (I added it only to the noshader.nif, but this unit also had a shader-nif).

Now there is another problem. The guy with the notebook did not work correct. I think this is because I removed a bone from the suitcase. Can someone fix it?
If the guy should use the CEO animation, this should probably work. :)

Attachments

• survivorwrench_fx.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 4
Would it be possible for someone to make an Inuit-style dog sled (Qamutik), perhaps by taking the wolf graphics already in the unmodded game? It would be a unique scout unit and very much appreciated :)

Would it be possible for someone to make an Inuit-style dog sled (Qamutik), perhaps by taking the wolf graphics already in the unmodded game? It would be a unique scout unit and very much appreciated :)
This is too vague. It's necessary to know where to start from.
In which era will it act?
Do you want to use it as a military unit (which implies a combat animation) or non military (a kind of settler unit)?
Do you simply want a dog to tow a sled, which means the dog will do a melee attack animation (you may use or not)? Should there be a visible human driver, a visible human passenger? Should the passenger use a rifle or throw stones?
Tell us more.

He said "a unique scout", so it should be a recon unit IMO.
I think (though I'm no graphic modder) the " easiest approach would be reworking a warchariot: wolf (husky) instead of horse, replace/rework the chariot to a sled, Egyptian guy into a hooded Inuit. Attack animation should be javelin (harpoon) throwing.
Do you think that could work?

I understand, but you're three on the request, so if I'd try to do something, I 'd rather satisfy everyone at once, if you know what I mean :)
I could have a look at FFH units. If I remember well, there are chariot with wolf. And find a hooded inuit!

Edit: hooded Inuit found...

I can help you get more Inuit combat units if you need! I picked up a few from some ethnic diversity mod a long time ago.
And yes indeed, the idea was for it to be a unique unit replacement for the scout, so it does do combat and is of course an ancient era unit.
I do prefer there to be a human behind the dogs indeed, so the already mentioned chariot idea sounds good to me too.
And of course the dogs should just be the wolves already in the vanilla game :)

Thanks for taking a look at this!

I would use any dog sledge, whatever it will be - archer, javelineer, spearman, er even rifleman/musketeer. (but at least it should have a combat animation for the rider).

I understand, but you're three on the request, so if I'd try to do something, I 'd rather satisfy everyone at once, if you know what I mean :)
I could have a look at FFH units. If I remember well, there are chariot with wolf. And find a hooded inuit!

Edit: hooded Inuit found...
I also just accidently found a recent creation of a 'horse sledge' from a chariot unit made by someone on the forums:

Anyone interested in creating some wonder buildings for the Neom projects? Still there is a lot of room for modern and futuristic wonders.

Treyam, a Lagoon Resort with a 450-Metre Bridge Hotel

Aquellum, the uside-down skyscraper:

The Line, a long and slim city
https://www.dezeen.com/2023/07/18/the-line-architects-discovery-channel-documentary/

Epicon, pair of jagged skyscrapers for luxury resort

None of them are urgent, I can even live without them but I think they are cool ideas :)

Would someone like to make a small modification to the shape of some sails on the nif attached to this message? The attachment also contains two Lakatoi pictures for reference.
The nif model provided already looks similar enough in my opinion, except for the very unique shape of the sails of a Lakatoi. Help would of course be greatly appreciated :)

lakatoi picture.jpg

Attachments

• lakatoi.zip
    278 KB · Views: 0
Especially, it is a horse sledge, not a dog sledge. I could not replace the horse by a dog (or, to say, a animated dog). I not even managed to replace it by the stag of the "stag rider" Unit, which was my initial intension.

Top Bottom