Help with installing BUFFY

Any advice for installing Buffy on Windows 10. I am using CDs.Ran all the auto runs with admin rights. Same for the patches but I am getting the HOF warning message mentioning admin rights. I have not tested settings on the folders. Any thoughts?
Are you trying to play a HoF game, or a BOTM or SGOTM save?

SGOTM game. SG24 4000bc game.

Okay tried Lymond's advice and I am no longer getting any HOF error. I think editing to XP mode and giving BTS exe full admin rights fixed it.

It does think my 1060 NVIDA graphics card is not capable of running the game. So whats new!!

Thank you both for your help.

It does think my 1060 NVIDA graphics card is not capable of running the game. So whats new!!

I've gotten that message almost every time I've installed BTS. I think it is just a quirk of older tech.

I have hit a snag. When civ 4 loads you get the small picture of that building with Sid Meirs Civilization showing in centre of screen. It has that blank text oblong in middle I now can't seem to get rid of that full or on Windows mode. Any thoughts? It's just a picture in the centre of my playing field. I have just changed monitors here.

Hmm. That problem appeared for Windows users a year or so ago, and switching to Win7 compatibility mode fixed it. But I haven't hear do of it appearing on a Mac.

I am using a PC. So maybe I could switch to Windows compatibility mode. On full screen with a lower screen Res it goes away. Would of liked to be able to use 1440 res to the fullest. Where is Windows 7 compatibility option?

Where is Windows 7 compatibility option?
Right click the icon on your desktop, here are the settings I use.

Buffy.PNG

Hi!
I first installed Buffy according to the instructions on http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=mod
and I got an error saying that my games would not be valid for submission. I added to run beyond the sword as administrator and now I get an error that some directory is not a valid directory. It still seem to load the mod successfully.

It maybe related to that I had to move my installation because it installed in the wrong folder to start with. Maybe I need to change some registry key? Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall?

You could try running the Assets Checker. Post the results as text here for a diagnosis.

I had a successful fresh install last week (Win10). according to some instructions on these forums, I installed Civ and all expansions on a custom diretory C:\GAMES. Hope this helps.
Hi!
I first installed Buffy according to the instructions on http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=mod
and I got an error saying that my games would not be valid for submission. I added to run beyond the sword as administrator and now I get an error that some directory is not a valid directory. It still seem to load the mod successfully.

It maybe related to that I had to move my installation because it installed in the wrong folder to start with. Maybe I need to change some registry key? Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall?

I installed Civ and all expansions on a custom diretory C:\GAMES
That's good practice!

Can you give me the full path to your BTS installation please e.g.

C:\Games\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\

Hi! Thanks for you help.

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\

Top Bottom