ImmacuNES VI: Dreams and Legends

Thanks for all the submissions so far everyone. I'm updating my database to include your nations as we speak.

not wholly and the reason i say that is that you need to be basically susceptible to the same things all nations are- hunger, need for agriculture, changes in weather, etc.

Perhaps in part- but your people would basically need to be limited by things which limit other nations.

That said, you could build a project that helps you capture souls and make them into units or something like that.

Well, I would actually like to be a horse archer desert faction again, but arrow gamer took the centaur Mongols :)eek:) and I do not want to compete against that :p.

I'll most likely be playing as a form of Man.

totally agree!

OKay- i've completed stats for the nations already submitted.

Some of you may have 'values' slightly different than expected. This is because the various 'groups' (goblinking, beasts, etc) have different core values. so if you said your people prefer free market and your group naturally favors a regulated market, then you would be more free market then the rest of your group but perhaps not as much as you had expected.

If there are questions about your stats i am happy to address them.

I know you have a limit on size but could you make an exception for these guys?

Spoiler :

YES I CAN. i love that movie so so so much!!!!

but will you have them using weapons and armor?

Yay! More Ghibli fans!

I was thinking of keeping them close to their representation in the film, they'll be highly magical but pacifists. If it does come down to a fight I'll just have them summon the Nightwalker and other various forest gods to smash the enemy.

Nation: Kingdom of Celestia
Player: Seon

Race: Men
Favored Climate: Temperate
Location: The capital of Celestia is located next to a large lake, said to be inhabited by a God, fallen from a star, that the Celestians worship. The King resides on a large island on the lake, creating a natural defense from the outside world.

Perks: (racial): Magical Blood: Even though mere humans, the Celestians who live near lakes are gifted with a surprising amount of potential magical powers
(racial): Empowered: the magical blood of Celestians apparently empowers them as well, giving them above average strength from a baseline human.
(cultural): The Goddess from the Stars: The worship of a singular entity, along with a core tenets of religion (emphasizes order, justice, and love) holds together the Celestians by something that transcends the boundaries of race and governments.
(cultural): Military Tradition: historically, the empowered nature of Celestians allowed them to settle disputes with nomadic visitors or neighboring cities with force of arms. Knowledge of warfare have passed down.
(cultural): Magi Tradition: The people of Celestia have always served the most magically capable ones among them, typically the rising "royalties" and "aristocrats."

Governance: A confederation of small cities (towns by modern standards) ruled by a single King. Much of the legitimacy behind the king comes from the particularly strong magical blood that flows through the royal lineage.
Stability:
Descriptor:
Authority
Centralized

Culture:
Cultural Strength:
Descriptor: Based around worship of a single goddess, otherwise rather fluid.
Adaptability
Cooperation

Economy:
Gold Income:
Treasury:
Resources:
Descriptor: Based around on subsistence farming around the lakes, herding of large ostrich-like tarn birds and horses, and mining.
Interdependence
Free Market

Technology:
Innovation:
Base:
Advances:

Military:
Descriptor: Mostly composed of levies drawn from the villages and the cities. Occasionally the numbers are supplemented by the noblemen and king's retinues. However, warfare for Celestians are still mostly ritualistic, with duels occurring between leaders of opposing tribes/nations to settle simple disputes. Skirmishes, however, happen more frequently.
Army Quality:
Navy Quality:
Airforce Quality:
Military Units:

Magic:
Descriptor: Based around the King and his cadre of royal magi, who themselves claim that their powers were given to them by the Goddess of the Lake. Much of the magic of the Celestians involve summoning fantastic creatures, mental attacks, and twisting of fate.
Arcana:

Alright. Just to be fair, i have to warn you that they'll be a little less spiritual than they were in Princess. You could have them do the disappearing thing (use like two or even three points for that maybe) but they would need to eat just like mortals (though perhaps supplement with forest 'healthiness') and would be susceptible to swords, arrows and eventually bullets.

Can I make them more spiritual through projects?

Depends on what you mean... but i guess yes, generally, you could try to move them away from their 'mortal limitations'. you could have much of your magic based around that.

in another game i had a player, orangelex, who's ultimate goal was to extinguish his entire nation by just 'disappearing' into the aether.

Player: Patchy

Race: Kodama
Favored Climate: Forrests

Governance:
Stability:
Descriptor: The Kodama live in a very tribal and decentralized society. They follow the guidance of the oldest spirit and when decisions need to be made they often come together to build a consensus before acting, this process may take years but to the Kodama it passes quickly. This style of government makes them slow to act but when they do act they do so with the full force of their entire nation.
Liberty
Decentralized

Culture:
Cultural Strength:
Descriptor:
Tradition
Cooperation

Economy: Barter economy
Gold Income:
Treasury:
Resources:
Descriptor:
Autarky
Free Market

Technology:
Innovation:
Base:
Advances:

Military: The Kodama are a pacifistic people, they rely on forest gods and other forest spirits to protect them should they be attacked.
Descriptor:
Army Quality:
Navy Quality:
Airforce Quality:
Military Units:

Magic: Spirit magic
Descriptor: The Kodama have a very strong connection with the spirit world, they can use their magic to keep their trees healthy, summon other spirits, and literally disappear into their trees. Every Kodama is by definition magical but the strength of that magic depends on their age.
Arcana:

Perks:
1) (Racial) Kodama are extremely small, generally they can be anywhere from a foot to half a foot depending on the size of their tree.
2) (Cultural) Kodama are the spirits of the forest and they build their culture around acting as the keepers to the forest and worshiping "Higher Spirits" that live completely in the spirit world.
-- (Everything below is what allows them to disappear)
3) (Arcane) Kodama have a strong connection to the spirit world and can contact other spirits and travel through the spirit world
4) (Arcane) Kodama are spirits and all possess the ability to use magic though their strength depends on their age
5) (Arcane) Kodama live in trees and derive their health from the tree's health, they are connected with their tree and can travel through the spirit world to reach it.

I'm so very in. I'm tempted to do another Swiech nation but I think I'll come up with something different. I'll have something up soon.

okay - i'm going to allow this but just to let you know the 'spirit travel' will require you move into the ethereal plane which is usually safe but not always. certain spells and summoned creatures might be able to track you through that plane.

EDIT: welcome Merciary- glad to see you.

So basically spirit travel is good for general use but can't be used as an impenetrable hiding place?

1) patchy: yes. otherwise it would be too powerful.
2) no- they would live beyond the ethereal plane. the ethereal is something like what we saw in 'whispers' a land of spirits and souls, where emotions and magic speak loudly but physical things, like walls, hardly exist at all. beyond that are other planes, disconnected entirely from the physical or ethereal. Potentially your totems would live herein.

And entities that would be summoned (Units or advisers, or whatnot) would come from those similar "Higher" planes

yes..

Top Bottom