Imperium Offtopicum XIX

Freeman News :

Spoiler :

Todays news are about the end of the Guinea campaign.
The last warbands occupying the former nation of Guinea have either been destroyed or fled from the region.
Also the remaining goverment of Guinea-Bissau has agreed to join the Republic, as a full fleged province.
On the other end of the border, a small force of Rangers have established a forwards base in the former nation of Ivory Coast.

In political news, the goverment has annouced to not increase miltiary spending, instead the income generated by the new provinces, esspecially the additional mines in Guinea-Bissau, will be used for Infrastructure and education projects.

With the remaining budget the military has kept its expansion policy, building several new Frigates and corvettes.
Also Engeeners have started to analyze the fighter planes bought from China, so that we can build them ourself in the near future.
Freetown Armory has also started a modernization programm of our armoured forces, over the next few year all T-72s will be upgraded to M-95s, an original Croatian design.

SO much for today, turn in again tomorrow, for Freeman News.

A snippet from the 2043 Index of the Cascadian Military Strength detailing Navy and Air Force.

Navy

Spoiler :
Navy
78 Total Ships
3 Amphibious Transport Docks
• USS Portland
• USS Depoe
• USS Trenton​
1 Afloat forward staging base
• ESD-ESB Ponce​
2 Aircraft Carriers
• USS Kennedy
• HMS Ocean​
3 Amphibious Assault Ships
• USS Essex
• USS Bataan
• USS Reedsport​
1 Amphibious Command Ship
• USS Mount Whitney​
13 Attack Submarines
4 Ballistic Missile Submarines
7 Cruisers
24 Destroyers
4 Dock landing ships
2 Guided missile submarines
• USS Yakima
• USS Idaho​
3 Littoral combat ships
• LCS Freedom
• LCS Sonora
• LCS Hayfield​
5 Mine countermeasures vessels
5 Patrol Boats
1 Submarine tender
• USS Matot​

Air Force
Spoiler :

Air Force
32 Total Squadrons, 384 Planes
1 Squadron: 12 Planes

4 Squadrons F-22A Raptors
1st-4th Squadrons​
6 Squadrons A-10C Thunderbolt II
5th-10th Squadrons​
12 Squadrons F-16C/D Fighting Falcons
11th-22nd Squadrons​
1 Squadron F-35A Lightning II
23nd Squadron​
4 Squadrons F-15C/D Eagles
24th-27th Squadrons​
5 Squadrons F-15E Strike Eagle
28th-32nd Squadrons​

Roman Emperor requests one Wasp Class Amphibious Assault Ship.

the Roman Emperor, Andreas I Laskaris, wishes to buy one wasp class amphibious assault ship from Cascadia for the price of 800 million, to be delivered to Istanbul in three months time (next turn).

It shall be the Roman Flagship, the RIS Laskaris.

Ahmet Demir... well, he approves it, on the condition that its the only one that we get, and that it better last a while.

Roman Emperor requests one Wasp Class Amphibious Assault Ship.

the Roman Emperor, Andreas I Laskaris, wishes to buy one wasp class amphibious assault ship from Cascadia for the price of 800 million, to be delivered to Istanbul in three months time (next turn).

It shall be the Roman Flagship, the RIS Laskaris.

Cascadia agrees to this deal, happy to trade with its Roman allies.

Russian Expansion

RP Later probably

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces that the United Republic of India shall begin the process of reintegrating Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana as states in the Union.

Japan, SA, Australia NPCed
After consulting with Robbie, and in order to maintain functionality of UN organs, I will be assuming responsibility for the conduct of NPC Member States vis-à-vis the UN unless/until I am instructed otherwise.

Chiefly, this means that Australia will be finalizing its two proposals, so speak now because I want to hold the votes before the year is out.

As if you can close a sea. Only capitalist scum thinks they can control Mother Nature.

A new Sofia appears as the Olympics approach
Since the Democratic Republic of Bulgaria was confirmed as host for the 2044 Summer Olympics by the IOC, infrastructure project after infrastructure project have succeeded each other in the Bulgarian capital to make way for the upcoming international event. Chaos has been part of the everyday routine for Sofians as roads, highways and mass transit lines have been rebuilt and rerouted all over the city, but most projects have begun to reach the finish line as 2044 is now only a year away. Earlier this week, the all-new Sofia Olympic Stadium was officially inaugurated by President Borisov who rallied the fully seated arena in a sing-along of the Bulgarian national anthem, with prominent guests in the audience such as the Roman Emperor himself who happened to be visiting the Bulgarian capital on one of his many trips. In an interview with national TV he was very positive towards the newly reopened Sofia Metro, of which he had been given a private tour, stating that "I'm saddened to say this, but Istanbul Metro is now only the second best mass transit system in Southeastern Europe."

It remains to be seen if the money invested by the Bulgarian government into these games will turn out to have been worth it or merely a waste, but one cannot deny that the 2044 Summer Olympics in Sofia is an event for sports enthusiasts all over the world to look forward to. And definitely something for the Sofians to look forward to as the government have gone out of their way to turn the city's infrastructure around to the better. After all, there is no praise like that from a Roman Emperor.

((OOC: Yes, I just claimed the Olympics. Deal with it! And thanks to Math for giving me the idea.))

Unusual activity detected on the Black Sea Reigon.

the Roman Imperial Air forces and the Roman Imperial navy has detected unusual activity in the black sea. like something big is gonna happen soon. Emperor Andreas, still in Sofia, commanded that they deploy additional ships in the black sea.

he also warned Nadezhda Ivanova, Prime minister in Bulgaria, about the unusual activity.

Since there are now Olympic Games to be hosted in Bulgaria, I'm going ahead and creating the International Olympic Committee. If your nation wishes to compete in the Olympics, become a member state now (by posting in thread or something like that)! Member states will then have a shot at hosting future Olympics by some sort of nomination and IOC vote.

On second thought, rather than clog up the thread I made an IOC social group to join if one wants to be a member state (or is a GM): http://forums.civfanatics.com/group.php?groupid=1207

Edit: There's a thread within the social groups where new members (other than me and Math who posted here) should post that they are joining as members. If you don't, you'll only be an observer in the IOC and can't compete in games. I'll make information regarding how the Olympics will work public on thread when we get closer to the first actual games, which are scheduled to be held in Sofia, Bulgaria in Summer 2044. For the curious this info is available in the social group.

Indo-Cascadian Trade Agreement

1. Cascadia shall reduce tariffs on all Indian goods by 15%, except for goods that are considered illegal or dangerous under Cascadian or Indian law. India shall reduce tariffs on all Cascadian goods by 15%, except for goods considered illegal or dangerous under Cascadian or Indian law. Goods considered dangerous include radioactive material, fossil fuels and weapons.

2. Cascadian corporations both publicly and privately owned can be listed on the Mumbai Stock Exchange and shall obey Indian financial regulations. Indian public and private corporations can be listed on the Cascadia Stock Exchange and shall obey Cascadia financial regulations.

3. Indian corporations are prohibited from buying or owning, in full or part, corporations or assets deemed vital to Cascadian national security. Cascadian corporations are prohibited from buying or owning, in full or part, corporations or assets deemed vital to Indian national security.

4. Both India and Cascadia shall coordinate scientific research and engineering experience for the development of alternative energy production and storage and environmentally friendly industries. Blueprints and technical exchanges shall be freely made available between both sides.

5. This treaty shall be permanent, unless one party chooses to cancel or modify it. Modifications must be agreed upon by both parties.

Signed,
President Jagdish Pradip Bachchan
Minister of Foreign Affairs Usha Bhattacharya

I'm sad to say I'm not really interested in this anymore, and I am resigning as Valkyria.

\/ I will address this in one of the IOT other threads.

Yeah same. I was really kind of looking forward to the whole budgeting thing.

Egypt may be interested in hosting the upcoming Winter Olympics

Top Bottom