Improvements, features etc.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Glad to be of help. BTW, canal systems were actually quite important in the timeframe you've described - in the latter half of XVIII century, they were basically proto-railroads, carrying vast amounts of cargo in the early years of the industrial revolution. Though I guess this was more of an Old World thing (I don't know if that was the case or not in the Americas).

@hrochland

I just checked again and have a small additional request.
Is it possible to exchange the "Asian buildings" by something more in a European style?

The colonial powers in our mod are England, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden ...
And the mod plays in the Americas (North, Central South America.)

Asian buildings do not really fit the theme of our mod.

I don't know if that was the case or not in the Americas

Not really.

Especially not in the first century of the colonization of the Americas.
The people that first went there were not really intellectuals but mostly adventurers and often also poor people.

The "New World" had much less "tech", than the "Old World" of that time.
Everything was much more scarce and goods as well as knowledge hard to find.

All advancement of the "Old World" came to the "New World" about 50 years to almost a century later.
After the War of Independence, when the US were no colony anymore and were not exploited things drastically changed though.

@hrochland
I am confused. :dunno:

I checked the attachment in this entry and it still has "Asian Buildings" in it.
Do I need to download another attachment? Or did I just not understand what you wanted to say?
Take a look at the ends. Each one is different. It's up to you which one suits you. Adjustment is quite easy.

Hi Hrochland,

I checked it and it already looks really good. :goodjob:
However, could you create a version in a "cross-shape" like a "+"-Symbol?

Just so the canal is connecting all 4 sides of the plot / covers the main directions.
(It does not need to cover diagonals. A bit of imagination can be expected from players.)

After that I would be perfectly happy. :hug:

There's a bit of a problem with my English here. (Or with my head) Can you please send me a picture with the area you want to pick up. Thank you very much.

It's something that can't be captured in an image, but look at these parts in Nifscope:

z-conf.png

There's z-conflict happening here as two textured faces are at exact same level. You'll see "flickering" as the engine can't properly decide which one to draw.

[B]@Walter Hawkwood[/B]
I checked the graphics of @hrochland and there was absolutely no flickering. :dunno:
(Both in Colopedia and ingame - also tried to move around, zoom ... no problem.)

@hrochland
Thanks, that is all I needed to implement this feature. :thumbsup:
(Here is the thread for the feature in case you are interested.)

I used your new gaphics now ingame - see last post.
(The first screenshots in the thread are however from yesterday.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
It's good to see that. I'll try to adjust the texture to your colors. I took the original ones from the base civ4.
@Walter Hawkwood : Now that I read Raystuttgart writing about the flicker, it dawns on me what you meant. I did the cross by duplicating one end and making it into sides. Flickering sometimes occurs when the mesh is double and, for example, when zooming, the game can't decide which face to show as the top face so it alternates them. This is manifested by flickering. I will adjust the texture according to the exposed screenshot and also the model to have only one layer everywhere.

a few minor tweaks and retexturing
Thanks. :hug:

And sorry that this has gotten so much effort already for you guys. :(
(I expected it to be really little effort to create it.)

Top Bottom