Interests you have that everyone else hates

von_Seydlitz said:
being interested in military history, (military) medals, and the fact that I think a (healthy..) german patriotism wouldn't be the worst thing on earth. And that Prussia was not a bad bad pre-nazi state. This gets you quite often in a situation in which green party members, pseudo-left-wing-revolutionist (the ones that mostly wear che guevara tshirts :D ) , do-gooders and so on.
That sort of view is actually not uncommon amoung the German posters here. ;)

But posting in such a forum is something that to my knowledge noone besides me does in my real life surroundings.

Everyone hates the music I listen to. I like it that way actually, except I really wish girls liked punk.

History, geography (just looking at a map with the names on and historical maps not that crap you learn at school), the conservative party, artificial perservatives, not listening to music, not going to parties, family gatherings at christmas, (if i i wasnt the only sober person at those last 3 i would like them more) not drinking and the a-team music

Joeb Wan Kenobi said:
Blakes 7. I bet no one else here has even heard of it.
That's the sci-fi show right? I used to watch that on Super Channel as a kid when cable TV was a new thing in Sweden. Don't remember anything of it though, except that the main character had black curly hair (am I right?).

Hakim said:
That's the sci-fi show right? I used to watch that on Super Channel as a kid when cable TV was a new thing in Sweden. Don't remember anything of it though, except that the main character had black curly hair (am I right?).
Yep although they all had had dodgy 70s haircuts. It had brilliant storylines and characters but some of the special effects were a bit dodgy.

I like watching cricket sometimes. Used to watch the locals play on the village green in Pirbright. It is also fun watching England.
This is very odd behaviour for someone who is A) Scottish and B) has no idea what is going on. But the game does have some sort of strange appeal. I find it makes beer taste better as well :confused:

Joeb Wan Kenobi said:
Yep although they all had had dodgy 70s haircuts. It had brilliant storylines and characters but some of the special effects were a bit dodgy.
Don't you think describing cardboard cut-outs as "a bit dodgy" is an understatement? :dubious:

I saw one episode (with plump cave-dwelling aliens that reminded me of Klingons) and thought the storyline was decent.

Hitro said:
:lol:

Katy Karrenbauer is teh hot... :D
I just don't understand why nobody except for me seems to be able to grasp the pure awesomeness of this series :(

Everybody seems to reduce it to "Walter" but there's so much more.

OxfordPferd said:
I just don't understand why nobody except for me seems to be able to grasp the pure awesomeness of this series :(

Everybody seems to reduce it to "Walter" but there's so much more.
Like HLA?

Sorry, but I never really watched more than half an episode, and that was years ago. Speaking of which, does it run forever?

Well, I have a new interest in religion, but since religious people are a minority around here. I consider it an interest that most everyone hates ;).

CivGeneral said:
Well, I have a new interest in religion, but since religious people are a minority around here. I consider it an interest that most everyone hates ;).

Naw, very few people hate all religion, most just settle for hating every religion but their own. ;)

And I was a big Blake's 7 fan back whenever it was actually on. I was so bummed when the ship was destroyed, and wondering how the heck the series could continue. As it turned out, it couldn't, really. :(

And I have an interest in guns, and most people not familiar with them hate them.

well my biggest like here is Technology. I love new technology and where i live the population doesnt seem to have the IQ to understand most of it. Now i know ppl are gonna say thats mean, but they havent met most of the ppl here.

also that i like to wear suits. dressing up around here consists of jogging pants with no holes. ( Its a real small town).

Enviromental topic, (everyone ran away when i start preaching, or they simply dont care)
Classical music (everyone else falls alseep)
Politics (ppl dont care)
Financial/stocks/investment (limited audience especially from ladies)
Cooking (they like to eat but non like to wash nor help)
Astronomy (nobody care about this either)
War histroy (female lullaby)
Philosophy (nobody cares about what i want to say)

and more...

@Rambuchan - im a supporter of the political cartoon thread. good job there.

Top Bottom