IOT Organisational and Discussion Thread

Son any chance of a VM for when you start this? Im not in the habit of checking for new stuff, or even checking this thread all that often. At all.

Also, say you had one extra food like you say. Could you just convert that 1 food into an elite/soldier/normal pop, or would a new pop cost multiple left over food units?

Shouldn't there be a cap on how many elites you can have in proportion to your total population then?

And thanks.

Well, this is it. Recent events in games have made it clear to me that I have no head for strategy and/or am too trusting of everybody to not kill me off in the first turn. The latter has really hurt my countries in the games that I am playing, but I am going to do my darndest to finish those games that I am playing out, and unless I see a game that looks really interesting, this is goodbye.

I would put in an ad here to try to get the previous poster into NES, but it'd be in quite bad taste, so I won't do it.
You might want to wait and try joining I&B 2, if the first game was any indication as long as you don't get caught up in any early claim-triggered claim war you should be fine. (It's been a year, the forum's likely changed)

I was thinking of playing in I&B 2. Just in an isolated area where I can peacefully expand and not get sneak attacked within five turns. IOT doesn't have to be about war, you know. Perhaps our genius GMs could come up with some new ways of winning.

I was thinking of playing in I&B 2. Just in an isolated area where I can peacefully expand and not get sneak attacked within five turns. IOT doesn't have to be about war, you know. Perhaps our genius GMs could come up with some new ways of winning.

I&B 1 was fairly calm IOT wise until that last war at the end.
Advice: Start in Oceania or the Pacific if you want isolation.

Byzantium pulled a dick move. Get over it and start somewhere new and without a coast.

Did Australia not have a military for fifty years?

I think all they did was tech and build industry. AFAIK. Its just nobody cared about them once the pacific claims were settled.

I think all they did was tech and build industry. AFAIK. Its just nobody cared about them once the pacific claims were settled.

I wanted Indonesia. Its the protection the UNA gave him (plus my lackluster industrial capacity most of the game) that kept me from trying to take it.

The one of the only time I play aggressively and I make a player quit :cringe:

I just might require some time to cool down. From now on, I need to go into these games thinking that:

"Okay, it's very likely that I'm going to get attacked. So, how do I prevent that?"

It's just ticking me off because I keep forgetting that.

Top Bottom