Leader Command Promotion "Tactical Knowledge" Question

Llewen

Warlord
I did do a search, and I did look through the forum a bit. I'm sure this question has probably been asked many times, but I didn't find it. The "Tactical Knowledge" formations don't seem to do anything. Have they not been fully implemented yet, or do followers get the bonuses even though there are no icons for them?

I partially answered my own question. They don't do anything, so I assume that is either a bug, or they just haven't been fully implemented yet.

I gave one of the tactical knowledge promotions to a commander, and it didn't seem to do anything. I asked about this in the bug thread, but I didn't get any response. I think I'm just gonna disable the promotions until they are fixed.

Well leaders are still extremely useful. It's only those promotions which don't do anything right now. At least as far as I can see.

Well, I'm a dufus. I didn't realize it was a spell. I'm sure it's working, I just was expecting a normal command promotion. :)

They should be giving the commanded units the ability to cast formation spells. Are they doing so ?

Actually maybe I'm not as much of a dufus as I think I am. I don't see any option to cast spells when I give the leader one of those formation promotions, either on the leader or the units under their command.

I checked this on several different unit types, one of them was blood pets, which I believe are melee.

They are one of the bugs I have fixed, but not yet provided to the rest of the team. IIRC it was something REAL simple, like failure to list the Melee UnitCombat on the Effect Promotion which actually enables the new spells.

Is it something that I can find and fix in the meantime? If you can give me the code and where it belongs, I have no problem making changes myself. As long as it doesn't require a compile.

edit: Belay that request! I figured it out. Thank you!

They should be giving the commanded units the ability to cast formation spells. Are they doing so ?

I had a group of champions being led by a commander with a tactical knowledge promotion. He had no such spell available.

They are one of the bugs I have fixed, but not yet provided to the rest of the team. IIRC it was something REAL simple, like failure to list the Melee UnitCombat on the Effect Promotion which actually enables the new spells.

I figured it was something like that. I saw the effect promotions in the pedia, but they weren't attached to anything.

Battleline Tactics, Block Tactics and Loose Tactics aren't aviable for any unit. Can we fix it easily?

Battleline Tactics, Block Tactics and Loose Tactics aren't aviable for any unit. Can we fix it easily?
Very easily. Open CIV4PromotionInfos (I don't know how much you know about modding, but this should be relatively easy) in [Install path for Civ 4]\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall Further 051\Assets\XML\Units.
Search for:
Spoiler :
Code:
		<PromotionInfo>		<!-- Command - Battleline (Inactive) -->
			<Type>PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_BATTLELINE_INACTIVE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_BATTLELINE_INACTIVE</Description>
			<iPower>2</iPower>
			<bGraphicalOnly>1</bGraphicalOnly>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/BattleLineInac.dds</Button>
			<iMinLevel>-1</iMinLevel>
			<PromotionNextLevel>PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_BATTLELINE_ACTIVE</PromotionNextLevel>
		</PromotionInfo>
Spoiler :
Code:
		<PromotionInfo>		<!-- Command - Block (Inactive) -->
			<Type>PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_BLOCK_INACTIVE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_BLOCK_INACTIVE</Description>
			<iPower>2</iPower>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/BlockFormInac.dds</Button>
			<PromotionNextLevel>PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_BLOCK_ACTIVE</PromotionNextLevel>
		</PromotionInfo>
Spoiler :
Code:
		<PromotionInfo>		<!-- Command - Loose (Inactive) -->
			<Type>PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_LOOSE_INACTIVE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_LOOSE_INACTIVE</Description>
			<iPower>2</iPower>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/LooseFormInac.dds</Button>
			<PromotionNextLevel>PROMOTION_GCF_FORMATION_LOOSE_ACTIVE</PromotionNextLevel>
		</PromotionInfo>
and add:
Spoiler :
Code:
			<UnitCombats>
				<UnitCombat>
					<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombatType>
					<bUnitCombat>1</bUnitCombat>
				</UnitCombat>
			</UnitCombats>
between </iPower> and <bGraphicalOnly>. Save and it should work.

To save rookie modders some trouble, that last bit of code should actually be:

Code:
			<UnitCombats>
				<UnitCombat>
				</UnitCombat>
			</UnitCombats>

There was an extra <UnitCombat> in there which would have messed things all up.

To save rookie modders some trouble, that last bit of code should actually be:

Code:
			<UnitCombats>
				<UnitCombat>
				</UnitCombat>
			</UnitCombats>

There was an extra <UnitCombat> in there which would have messed things all up.
Whoops! I copied the code from a promotion changed one UnitCombat to Melee and deleted the rest, must have forgotten one.

I will now throw this .zip file at you people. It fixes the command promotions mentioned here, commanders can now gain dunespeak and shroud of esus, disciple units can gain dunespeak, and the zealotry 2 promotion is fixed. There's probably more that I fixed, but I can't recall what it is.

Extract it into your base \Fall Further 051\ folder.

Attachments

• Promotions.zip
    46 KB · Views: 69
Top Bottom