LK171, Daleks, CCM, True Fascists

And the game save

Attachments

• LK171-250AD.SAV
    889.4 KB · Views: 4
It seems the Doctor influenced the RNG during your turn, but even that could not stop our advance. :goodjob:
We should reinforce the Saltpeter site with several Knights (rush builds in Dalek Australia and Dalek Germany) to deter the USA from usurping on our rightful resource. We should not let them have access to that site. If they do not understand the Daleks have laid claim to the Saltpeter, we should exterminate any settlers they send toward that site.:hammer:

I would send the first available settler to Dalek Australia, for the Saltpeter and either the second or third settler to the White Dot.

I would send the first available settler to Dalek Australia, for the Saltpeter and either the second or third settler to the White Dot.

We just got a settler to send that way. ;-)

ROSTER:
LKendter
Elephantium (up)
Greebley (on deck)
Jersey Joe

We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second.
No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want non-Daleks in our army. If we create a foreign partisan, it must be disbanded ASAP.
We are defiant. We must refuse all demands. The superior Daleks will not be ordered by other civs.
We can’t give up anything to get peace. We can't accept cities in peace.
We can’t complete Military Research Center until the appropriate age.

continue :trouble: for the Aztecs.

We are very cash heavy. Part rush a ton of troops for them. $14K should buy enough knights to turn the tide. They have some very large cities to raze for workers. :)

After learning Humanism :cringe: :think: err Dalekism, we should research Free Artistry so we can build the 3 Wonders that give Happy Faces.
Skaro should build the Great PLayhouse (gives all our cities a Theater), Extermination Bend should build one of the 2 remaining Wonders and the last remaining wonder should be in either Kallan or Mensvat Esc Dalek

The Aztecs have sued for peace! They'll pay up to 25gpt+10 gold (or less gpt and up to 110 gold straight-up).

Any thoughts? I'm slightly leaning towards rejecting the deal, but we have plenty of room to expand either way (for now, anyway).

I say reject. IIRC there are two very large Aztec towns. We can really use the workers from razing.

HumanismDalekism just came in. I'm actually leaning towards researching Physics next, for the sake of research speed. Any arguments for/against?

No one else knows Printing Press yet, so I'm not too worried about an AI getting to Free Artistry before us.

Edit: I selected Physics on the science screen and went to process the rest of the IBT -- and immediately got the notification that we learned Physics! What?!

Good call, I forgot to check about Wonders going obsolete, :blush: Free Artistry kills Circus Maximus.
Edit: I selected Physics on the science screen and went to process the rest of the IBT -- and immediately got the notification that we learned Physics! What?
Sounds like Humanism worked like Philosophy, granting the first to learn a free tech.
Based on wanting to avoid Free Artistry, Jurisprudence and Ballistics are available. Ballistrics lets us up grade to Cuirassiers, which will help us acquire the land which is rightfull ours. (I would avoid Medicine to keep Granaries from going obsolete.

Pre-turn:

Looking around, Trenzalore looks good. Wasn't there some question about it? Hmm...

Port Skaro can grow in 1 turn
Kallaan gets another Scientist
Mensvat Esc-Dalek switches tiles for growth, due in 1. Town Clock gets short-rushed, also due in 1.
Satellite Five, like Johnny, needs input. It can't quite sustain one-turn growth yet.
Medusa Cascade needs roads. I'm glad to see some Workers there.
Extermination Bend MMs for growth. Pike due in 2 but should complete in 1 as the new Worker picks up shields.
Exxilon ... looks exxcellent.
Other cities get minor tweaks. I can short-rush Slavery in Draconia with an African Crossbowman; that gets it to 45/50 shields @ +5spt. Perfection :D

IBT:

Lots of action! I didn't quite have a notepad handy, so I'm sure I missed a couple of things, but here's what I did note:

Camel retreats vs. Pike
Catapult retreats vs. Pike
Chariot kills Pike
I think there was another attack on our Pikes N of Mechanus -- after this, they broke through to attack Knights
3-4 LBs kill African Knights
MDI dies vs. African Knight
LB dies vs. African Knight

... After all this, we have 2 wounded Pikes on one tile and one on a second tile.

260 AD:

African Knight kills LB
Enslaver kills Catapult
Enslaver kills LB
Enslaver captures LB
Enslaver kills LB
African Knight kills Camel
War Elephant kills Chariot
African Knight dies
African Knight retreats
African Knight kills MDI
African Knight dies
African Knight kills Meso Pikeman
African Knight kills LB
African Knight kills Siege Bow, who dies in slow-mo
African Knight kills Meso Spearman
African Knight dies
African Knight dies

Camel Rider kills LB near Calix

WE kills Meso Spearman

IBT:

Less action this time.
Archer kills Pike
Archer dies to Pike
Archer dies to Knight
Archer forces Knight to retreat
Archer kills our Pike
Sword dies to our War Elephant

270 AD:

African Knight retreats
African Knight dies
Treb flattens Meso Spearman
African Knight retreats
African Knight dies
Enslaver kills Archer
Enslaver kills Archer
African Knight kills Archer

IBT:

Much quieter...
Camel murders one of our Knights
Chariot snipes a second one.

Japan wants to trade TMs. Nah, we already know what their territory looks like.

Delhi completes Ganges Pilgrimage
Silks deal ends.

280 AD:

Enslaver dies
Enslaver captures redlined Chariot
Treb kills Meso Spear

We send Iron to Japan for Silks, WM, and 25 gold.

IBT:

Aztecs want to sue for peace. They're ... actually willing to pay 25gpt. I reject the deal; we need Workers from razing their cities more than we need the gold (thanks for the quick reply, LK!)

290 AD:

Treb kills Camel
2 African Knights retreat
Enslaver captures Archer
Treb kills Meso Pikeman
African Knight kills War Elephant
African Knight kills MesoSpearman
African Knight rides down LB

Camel kills Aztec Camel

IBT:

Korea wants to trade TMs. Nah.
Aztecs snipe one of our Enslavers with a Crossbowman
Mongols want to trade TMs.

sg_376.jpg

300 AD:

Assault on Tlaxcala:
Enslaver captures Crossbowman
African Knight kills wounded Camel Rider and burns the city. 4 new Workers for us!

African Knight kills MDI
Enslaver kills Crossbowman

IBT:

Humanism > Physics
We immediately learn Physics. Huh? What did I miss?

Age of Scientific Discovery has ended.

310 AD:

Enslaver kills enemy Enslaver
Camel Musketeer retreats

Camel Rider kills Crossbowman

Set research to Ballistics, due in 7.

IBT:

Aztec priest (or missionary?) kills our Knight
Camel dies to our Pike

Brazil proposes trading WMs. Nah, we're good.

320 AD:

Siege of Tenochtitlan:
African Knight retreats
African Knight dies
African Knight dies
African Knight retreats
African Knight dies
Enslaver dies (to Crossbowman, ugh)
Enslaver captures 2/4 Crossbowman
African Knight kills Priest and burns the city. 10 Workers!

IBT:

Crossbow suicides on one of our Pikes

Beijing completes Worldreligion Buddhism
Austria-Hungary is building Sacred Music
USA is also building Sacred Music

330 AD:

Texcoco:
African Knight retreats
African Knight kills Meso Pikeman and razes the city. 5 new Workers.

African Knight retreats
Enslaver captures enemy Enslaver

IBT:

Montreal completes Hagia Sophia
We lose our Silver deal.

340 AD:

There's nothing to attack, we only have 2 Knights in range of Teoti. I move a ton of units, but it's just positioning.

IBT:

No counterattacks.

350 AD:

Fall of Teotihuacan:
African Knight retreats
African Knight dies :wallbash:
War Elephant tramples Meso Pikeman and the rest of the city, too. 9 Workers.

War Elephant tramples MesoSpearman

Terrokon Harvest founded by the Saltpeter.

Handoff Notes:

The Aztecs are on the run.
I renamed the current crop of Settlers to indicate their destinations.
I didn't bother with trading. We could get ~5500 gold by trading away Humanism or Printing Press, but I'm leaning towards keeping the tech lead until we build the Free Artistry wonders.

Attachments

• LK171-350AD.SAV
    875.5 KB · Views: 8
I’m glad to see I was right about things will turn about be the end of the set. That was a great number of workers from those monster towns.

I have no issue with trading away printing press since Holy Book Printed was built. Cash is always a good thing. Without it the Aztec front would have been a mess. We might have lost some cities.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Elephantium
Greebley (up) - not sure if you can grab it for this weekend. Do you want to swap with Joe?
Jersey Joe (on deck)

We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second.
No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want non-Daleks in our army. If we create a foreign partisan, it must be disbanded ASAP.
We are defiant. We must refuse all demands. The superior Daleks will not be ordered by other civs.
We can’t give up anything to get peace. We can't accept cities in peace.
We can’t complete Military Research Center until the appropriate age.

Exciting report :thumbsup:
Another thought about the "free" tech. Maybe, we "generated" another Great Scientist, but because we were in a "Science Golden Age" we were awarded a free tech in lieu of the Great Scientist. :)

After we learn Ballistics, do we go for Jurisprudence , or Bastion Fortifications?

Also, we should watch for the AI to learn Naval Guns and trade for it to have a chance at building The Arsenal (adds 50% shields to the city that builds it). Later it should give us a good shot at building the East India Company and getting another settler generating wonder (requires Mercantilism).

The Aztec have only 1 town left, it is going to take me 2 turns 2 be in position to attack it. What is the next target?
We have learn Ballistics so all our troops need to be upgraded.
I have just start to study Jurisprudence (for court houses and Lawyers) after Jurisprudence I plan to learn Free Artistry for the 2 happy wonders. I am going to take about a 2 hour break from the time I post this, so if you think I should start to study something other than Jurisprudence that is your window of opportunity.

Who is on the other side of the Aztecs? Maybe keep pushing on them?

Alternatively -- we could send our troops towards the South Americans. Repositioning time there is a lot better than with the Australians.

USA next? IIRC their location right we could upgrade all the troops during the process of walking to their borders.

Top Bottom