Merging BTS Modcomps

TC01

Deity
So, here's a question: what modcomps for Beyond the Sword (or an earlier version of Civ; I just mean vanilla, not-FF+ modcomps) would you want to be included in Final Frontier Plus?

FF+ already includes components of Pep's Unit Orders Modcomp (actually, only one component- Sentry While Healed). If you think something else from that modcomp should be included you're welcome to mention it here too.

Here is the current list of suggestions (with a note if I've merged them already):

Any other modcomps that you think improve the regular game and should be added to FF+?

hi played final frontier plus and i really think it a very good mod however, coming from wildmana there is one thing i greatly miss and this would be automated ranged attacks. in wildmana you can tell units to automatically perform ranged attacks when enemies are nearby. this would greatly reduce micromanagement, especially when you have a lot of starbases to protect against those pesky pirates.
(on that note since there are quite a lot of pirates i would appreciate it if the experience cap from them would me removed)

Updated the list.

hi played final frontier plus and i really think it a very good mod however, coming from wildmana there is one thing i greatly miss and this would be automated ranged attacks. in wildmana you can tell units to automatically perform ranged attacks when enemies are nearby. this would greatly reduce micromanagement, especially when you have a lot of starbases to protect against those pesky pirates.
(on that note since there are quite a lot of pirates i would appreciate it if the experience cap from them would me removed)

Those are both good ideas. Is the ranged attacks thing available in standalone modcomp form anywhere?

The latter I think is best as a gameoption.

to remove/amend the cap on Barb experience all you need to do is add the following to the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>???</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
replacing the ??? with whatever maximum figure you wish to limit barb experience to.

I think the mod comp that tesb is referring to is this one Now, forts can attack

I think the mod comp that tesb is referring to is this one
i don't know if automated ranged attacks are available as a standalone mod comp, i would recommend you to ask sephi, since it was him who implemented this in wildmana. (he also made autocastspells). looking at the link, i think it is not the same as in wildmana.

edit: fyi, sephi currently has no regular internet connection at the moment, so it might take him a while to respond.

i don't know if automated ranged attacks are available as a standalone mod comp, i would recommend you to ask sephi, since it was him who implemented this in wildmana. (he also made autocastspells). looking at the link, i think it is not the same as in wildmana.
This was the only mod comp i could find that came close to doing what you asked for. It's possible Sephi has done something very different or equally very similar to this.

sephi implemented a xml tag for abilities (and spells) to be automated. when the tag is set to 1, you get the option to set the ability to autocast (or autouse) in game by just clicking on it.
For ranged combat for example you have the regular ranged attack button and next to it the autouse button. if you click it the unit will use its ranged attack whenever an enemy is in range. the ability is togglable so you can always turn it off or on for every individual unit.
it really lessens the micromanagement a great deal and would make starbases much more fun. also the ai can use this tag, so starbases would be quite stronger for them too. when i played final frontier plus it was this option that i missed most.

Since the FFP BUG merge is proceeding reasonably well, it could be nice to get BULL merged in to the DLL to enable the rest of the functionality. (Which would then, sadly, need some more testing.)

how is this merging of modcomps going?

Rather poorly, I'm afraid.

For one thing, I'm a bit busier than I used to be and have less free time anyway... for another thing, I recently started playing the game Minecraft... which has not been conducive to freeing up any time I'm afraid.

I have Sephi's speed tweaks (not listed here) mostly merged: I need to integrate God-Emperor's merge of BUG with what I have. When this gets done I may simply release 1.7 then and there, or I may spend a week straight merging other modcomps and release it after that.

We'll see.

I recently started playing the game Minecraft
Delete it!!!! concentrate on this....:D

I have Sephi's speed tweaks (not listed here) mostly merged: I need to integrate God-Emperor's merge of BUG with what I have. When this gets done I may simply release 1.7 then and there, or I may spend a week straight merging other modcomps and release it after that.
If i felt confident merging .py files and setting up a dll after a merge i'd happily help out.

Hope you find the time to get the work done, if not, i'm patient.

so automated ranged attacks for starbases then? *sniff*
shall i ask sephi to help you out on this?

Delete it!!!! concentrate on this....:D

Heh.

I think the 1.7 release won't have most of these modcomps merged- the big one here will be BUG. This is mainly because I took a look at the changelog of what I've done so far (or started to do), and realized it's almost as long as the 1.6 changelog... plus, I'd like to get a version out soonish.

After 1.7 I'm going to look into setting up a SVN or GIT repository somewhere that God-Emperor and I (and others) can use to make this less painfully annoying.

(Like me having to re-merge BUG after God-Emperor already did it, because we don't have one synchronized version).

Now that I've had both the time and the energy to do some modding, I've gotten Defender Withdrawl merged.

Depending on how long it takes me to sort out a mapscript bug, I may get some more of these done before the release.

Now that I've had both the time and the energy to do some modding, I've gotten Defender Withdrawl merged.

Depending on how long it takes me to sort out a mapscript bug, I may get some more of these done before the release.

That is fantastic news, I await more good news with as much patience as I've shown so far.

Lead from Behind merged.

I've fixed the mapscript bug (which you may notice if you read the other thread). Before I release, I'd like to play with Inno scripting to see if I can make it clean up some annoying things in the Final Frontier -> Final Frontier Plus installer (to remove some unused files). In that time, more of these may get merged.

Lead from Behind merged.

I've fixed the mapscript bug (which you may notice if you read the other thread). Before I release, I'd like to play with Inno scripting to see if I can make it clean up some annoying things in the Final Frontier -> Final Frontier Plus installer (to remove some unused files). In that time, more of these may get merged.

Way to go TC01, only two left from the list to merge. Even if you don't get them merged what you have done has made me a very happy bunny. My headache will start when I begin to merge your final version with the B5 Mod. Either way :goodjob:

Top Bottom